Another Newbie Question

CwazeAndCwaze

Here is a question i have been wondering about. On the more mainstream lines (HAL and Celebrity) during so called happy hour before dinner (5-7 or so) we were able to enjoy a few noshes with our cocktail....Do any of the bars offer a hot appetizers with our before dinner cocktails?

Yes, and bear in mind that Seabourn operates a luxury line with relatively modern 600, 450 or 250 passenger ships, nothing like these mass market productions. You will surely be pleasantly surprised early on, and find it hard ever to go back. Go for it.

Happy and healthy sailing! 

1 hour ago, labonnevie said:

And caviar on request. 

I wonder  the source of the caviar Seabourn uses these days????  Russian?  Iranian? I never really paid attention to the tins they had on display at the Caviar table on deck.

If Russian, then prolly will run out before we get on board in July................  Just saying.

Steve

4 minutes ago, iramack said:

I wonder  the source of the caviar Seabourn uses these days????  Russian?  Iranian? I never really paid attention to the tins they had on display at the Caviar table on deck.

If Russian, then prolly will run out before we get on board in July................  Just saying.

Steve

Sturgeon farmed off of Uruguay.

• Thanks 1

On 3/13/2022 at 1:08 PM, rucrazy said:

Here is a question i have been wondering about. On the more mainstream lines (HAL and Celebrity) during so called happy hour before dinner (5-7 or so) we were able to enjoy a few noshes with our cocktail....Do any of the bars offer a hot appetizers with our before dinner cocktails?

Seaburn also provides room service food delivery anytime/anywhere on the ship. On a few previous cruises, a group of us met at the Skybar for cocktails, shrimp tempura and caviar at 5 pm everyday and had a standing food delivery order. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here is another Newbie Question:

For years we have done holiday cruises on either Celebrity of Holland America, while they were festive they were pretty much the same.

On Seabourn holiday cruises What is Christmas morning and New Years Eve like onboard?

The laundry bag is a great perk and a bargain at $50 if you don’t have it as a perk. Always perfectly returned and grat fun seeing how much you can fit in to the bag, amazing capacity. Life is too short and SB cruises and your time far too expensive to be wasting time in the laundry! Enjoy.

7 hours ago, Tillylovesseabourn said:

The laundry bag is a great perk and a bargain at $50 if you don’t have it as a perk. Always perfectly returned and grat fun seeing how much you can fit in to the bag, amazing capacity. Life is too short and SB cruises and your time far too expensive to be wasting time in the laundry! Enjoy.

Thanks everyone for the laundry advice. I used the $50 bag (2 day service) but near the end used the laundry room. Both impressed me. 

Rather than start another newbie thread ...

We have just booked our first SB cruise... for next year ..when looking at the excursions with a view to booking them .... they are asking for CC details at the outset? I presume this is a part of the "reserving" process and not them wanting the fees upfront?

6 minutes ago, MBP&O2/O said:

they are asking for CC details at the outset? I presume this is a part of the "reserving" process and not them wanting the fees upfront?

I do not know this for a fact in regards to Seabourn, it is my understanding that YES you will pay for the excursion at the time of booking, however if I understand correctly once on board you can use "on-board credit" and the excursion will then be refunded to the original CC.

You definitely pay up front and yes, if you have onboard credit you can have it recredited to your card once on board. You will have to update your CC details anyway as it is used for any purchases whilst sailing. I think this can be done if you log in to your account so a new CC shouldn’t cause any problems. You can cancel any excursions up to about 3 days before taking them.

Because you are a new Seabourn sailor go to the referral voucher posts at the top of this board. There are plenty of people offering to refer you to get $250 credit for you and also for them. It’s a simple system and there are some UK cruisers offering referrals at the moment, which I have found makes the process easier.

Edited by margbem
Clearer explanation
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I solved my earlier CC issue ... I got a new one that expires in 5 years and used that to pay (upfront) for some excursions.

Lateral thinking and I cannot find an answer for this one ........

Many of the (Alaska) excursions leave at 6:30am !! Do they cater for this departure time with respect to serving an earlier breakfast?

I did read somewhere that room service is available 24/7 but no breakfast until 6:30am?

• Like 1

I have a question.  Does SB have a readily available drinks menu at their bars?  We have never been offered one.  I think I asked for one once and received a vague reply.  I'm the kind of person who needs a drinks menu as I don't drink that many mixed drinks (but like them) and would like to know the specialities, what is available and so forth.  

When we last cruised in 2019 there were specialty cocktail menus for the Observation Bar, the Club and the Keller Grill.  They were developed by Brian Van Flandern who is Thomas Keller’s head mixologist.  They include options such as a Vesper martini, Hemingway daiquiri and a black cherry bittered sling.  

11 minutes ago, MWillow said:

When we last cruised in 2019 there were specialty cocktail menus for the Observation Bar, the Club and the Keller Grill.  They were developed by Brian Van Flandern who is Thomas Keller’s head mixologist.  They include options such as a Vesper martini, Hemingway daiquiri and a black cherry bittered sling.  

We last cruised in 2019 also and could not get that menu.  We will try again next time.  I do think a curated bar menu is very important.  

11 minutes ago, ernieb said:

I just looked at these drink’s menus on the Seabourn Source App.

I don't think there was  a Source App last time we cruised SB.  And, even if there is in the future,  I like to to be handed a menu--much more elegant.  Isn't that what we are looking for? I am cognizant of the fact that apps are often the norm these days in restaurants when it comes to the menu, but I am not a fan.  Yes, I have an iPhone.  But why do I have to use it in an restaurant or bar?  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SLSD said:

I am cognizant of the fact that apps are often the norm these days in restaurants when it comes to the menu, but I am not a fan.  Yes, I have an iPhone.  But why do I have to use it in an restaurant or bar?  

Two thumbs up 👍 👍

• Like 2

I’m glad you’re cognizant. I didn’t mean to imply that the App should be the only presentation of the menus. I don’t board the Odyssey until the 28th and I only mentioned the App to indicate that the menus evidently are available.