Have It All $100 Shore Excursion?

highseaschick

10 minutes ago, Josie201 said:

I believe we have $300.  Can that be used for example on two $150 excursions?   

It's a maximum of $100 per person per excursion. So, in your case, you could use one and pay the extra $50 for a $150 excursion. 

• Like 2

I believe it is $100 (per person) towards any one excursion. If you pick over $100 you pay the difference. If you pick under $100, they keep the difference.

So go for it, pick a worthwhile excursion!

Edited by crystalspin
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, highseaschick said:

Does anyone know if you do not use the full $100 on a shore excursion if HA will credit the rest on another shore excursion at another port? Many shore excursions are only $29.95 or so and I would hate to waste the credit.  

Yes they do. We are currently on a Mexican Riviera cruise on the Koningsdam.  We were given a $100 shore excursion credit pp based on our Have It All promo booking. We booked an $84.95 shore excursion in advance of the cruise departure, and this was applied to the credit. While on board, we booked an additional shore excursion at a different port for $44.95. $15.05 of the second shore excursion was credited to our Have It All promotion, and the remainder of $29.90 was charged to our room.  So, yes, the $100 credit can be split between two excursions, per person.

This was also the case with our Eurodam cruise last summer in Greece on the Have It All promotion

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

16 minutes ago, Mandalay1903 said:

Yes they do.

This was also the case with our Eurodam cruise last summer in Greece on the Have It All promotion

Interesting! I did not suspect that to be true. Was planning to apply the 3x$100/person to higher priced excursions and buy the lower priced ones on board... But happy to hear your experience!

1 hour ago, crystalspin said:

Interesting! I did not suspect that to be true. Was planning to apply the 3x$100/person to higher priced excursions and buy the lower priced ones on board... But happy to hear your experience!

Also, the onboard Shore Excursions staff was very helpful in helping work things out fairly if needed. 🙂

8 hours ago, crystalspin said:

I believe it is $100 (per person) towards any one excursion. If you pick over $100 you pay the difference. If you pick under $100, they keep the difference.

So go for it, pick a worthwhile excursion!

That was my experience.  I chose 3 shore excursions. One was less ($10.01) and the other 2 were over.  I didn’t receive credit for the $10.01 not spent on the first excursion and paid the difference for the other 2 that were over.

My credit balance did not carry over to the other 2 tours.  

I purchased mine on line.  Wondering if@Mandalay1903’s experience was different as they bought some of their shore excursions on board?

3 hours ago, kazu said:

That was my experience.  I chose 3 shore excursions. One was less ($10.01) and the other 2 were over.  I didn’t receive credit for the $10.01 not spent on the first excursion and paid the difference for the other 2 that were over.

I purchased mine on line.  Wondering if@Mandalay1903’s experience was different as they bought some of their shore excursions on board?

In my example in post #8, I purchased the first shore excursion (for $84.95) online from home. I purchased the second excursion on board using the Navigator app. The remainder of my $100 credit ($15.05) was automatically applied to my second excursion by the system. I did not need to work with the Shore Excursions staff to make this happen, it all happened through the system.

If you have remaining credit after booking your excursions online from home, I really recommend speaking with the Shore Excursions staff once onboard. I did this on my Eurodam cruise in Greece last summer after port changes were made just before and during our cruise. They were very helpful in kindly making sure I could use my full credit, even if it had to be spread across two excursions.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, kazu said:

That is exactly my experience also.  I'm also wondering if the difference is buying ahead of time vs on board...

3 hours ago, Mandalay1903 said:

In my example in post #8, I purchased the first shore excursion (for $84.95) online from home. I purchased the second excursion on board using the Navigator app. The remainder of my $100 credit ($15.05) was automatically applied to my second excursion by the system. I did not need to work with the Shore Excursions staff to make this happen, it all happened through the system.

If you have remaining credit after booking your excursions online from home, I really recommend speaking with the Shore Excursions staff once onboard. I did this on my Eurodam cruise in Greece last summer after port changes were made just before and during our cruise. They were very helpful in kindly making sure I could use my full credit, even if it had to be spread across two excursions.

That was our experience also.  
We also had purchased a shore excursion from the promo that was cancelled on the ship.  That $100 per person was put back on our promo so we could still use it for another tour.  We didn’t lose it just because the excursion was cancelled. 

1 hour ago, Cruising-along said:

That is exactly my experience also.  I'm also wondering if the difference is buying ahead of time vs on board...

I think that explains it since those that got the benefit seemed to have booked on board.  I am happy in that I actually saw a couple of HAL tours that were different and appealed & the other was already highly recommended by several CC friends.  I’m not going to worry about the $11 & change.  No point in sweating the small stuff.

• Like 3

I'm very curious if anyone else has had the same experience as Mandalay1903, onboard and/or online?

In my experience (booking online) the remainder of one $100 credit definitely doesn't "carry over" to a second excursion

Edited by canadarocks

8 hours ago, canadarocks said:

I'm very curious if anyone else has had the same experience as Mandalay1903, onboard and/or online?

In my experience (booking online) the remainder of one $100 credit definitely doesn't "carry over" to a second excursion

😀

So just to clarify this, I am on the Koningsdam tonight on the last day of our cruise and we check out and go home tomorrow. 🙁

I asked at Guest Services how this is supposed to work. The staff said that you should be able to split your Have It All shore excursion credit across more than one excursion, and the system should let you do that if you book the excursions online from home before boarding your cruise. Whether or not the system actually lets you do that when booking online I don't know, but if it doesn't the Shore Excursion or Guest Services team on board will be able to fix it up for you.

I hope that helps!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Just coming back in to give an update.  Today I booked a shore excursion for DH and myself, cost was $149.95 per person.  We had $300 (or $100 x 3) shore excursion credit.  I put them in my cart, and the full amount was taken from the shore excursion credit, leaving us each with a balance of $150.05.  I'm very pleased with this. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, KAKcruiser said:

I think this has been changed recently.  Originally you lost the balance if the shore excursion was less than $100 but in the last few months they have been giving credit for the balance.

It has. A great change I think. Now, even though HAL says you get "3 $100 shore excursion credits" for a 21 day cruise (for an example), you actually get $300 to use as you please towards shore excursions. So not necessarily three different ones; can be as many or as few as you wish. 

• Like 5

On 3/4/2022 at 4:50 PM, highseaschick said:

Does anyone know if you do not use the full $100 on a shore excursion if HA will credit the rest on another shore excursion at another port? Many shore excursions are only $29.95 or so and I would hate to waste the credit.  

Yes you can spread the creidt over multiple tours, I have done it twice in October 2021 and on an upcoming cruise if june.  I did nothing, purchased the tours I wanted and then HAL distributed the Credits across the tours.

I made my purchases online well before the cruise

I have no idea why folks answer questions when they know nothing about the subject.  Anybody who told you no, is as incorrect as one can be.

Tour Purchases fron HAL.docx

Edited by MikeD4134
correct spelling

1 hour ago, MikeD4134 said:

I have no idea why folks answer questions when they know nothing about the subject.  Anybody who told you no, is as incorrect as one can be.

Just to clarify.... verifying a change in Holland America's policy is not the same as "knowing nothing about the subject". 🤐

• Like 3

On 3/4/2022 at 1:50 PM, highseaschick said:

Recently I have been able to use the remaining credit on other excursions. They now treat it as a $100 credit towards shore excursions whether you make it in 1 purchase or multiple.

Originally after the restart it was only 1 credit of up to $100 on a single shore excursion where you lost the remainder. It was a pain because you had to make sure you bought your most expensive excursion first. On one cruise we didn't know what we were doing other than one very cheap excursion. We had to buy a more expensive excursion with the credit, then buy the cheap one on our cards and then cancel the expensive one so we got the credit back for a future date. I much prefer the new system. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MikeD4134 said:

Yes you can spread the creidt over multiple tours, I have done it twice in October 2021 and on an upcoming cruise if june.  I did nothing, purchased the tours I wanted and then HAL distributed the Credits across the tours.

I made my purchases online well before the cruise

They are not making it up. I first noticed that it had changed in March and posted about it here. The change could have happened earlier but everyone who responded to that thread was pleasantly surprised by the change. When the restart first happened you could only use the credit on a single shore excursion. In fact the HAL website still says you can only use it towards the highest excursion. While in practice HAL has been allowing use on multiple tours for some time now, I do not think anyone is maliciously pulling stuff out of thin air, they very easily could have gotten the wrong information directly from HAL. 

image.thumb.png.b616a1ef2528e42854a33177500936b7.png

Also, FYI the document you attached on your post includes both your and your spouse's full name, booking number and last 4 digits of your credit card. Not sure if you intended to share that much detail but I would highly suggest redacting.