Odyssey Shows

Can anyone who has been on the Odyssey recently tell me what production shows and Two270 shows were onboard?

I leave tomorrow and on the App I see Tap Factory and The Effectors in the theater but I thought I read there was one called Showgirls that I don't see. Any thoughts on these 2 shows if they are the only production ones?

And for Two270, I had read that there was one called The Book, however, when I look at the Cruise Planner, at night all I see are things like dance parties in there. This is my first Quantum Class ship and I was excited to see what this venue can do but I don't see any shows listed in there.

Thanks

Here is what I posted last night in my Odyssey review. Showgirls is no more but I don't recall if Tap Factory is still being shown or not.

Entertainment

We saw The Book, The Effectors, the Two70 Experience, the virtual symphony concert, and two headliners who probably aren’t onboard anymore so I won’t waste your time reviewing them. 😉

Now … as we all know, if there’s anything more subjective than good food, it’s good entertainment! 😁 So I’ll try to focus on information that might be helpful as you decide whether or not a given show would be a good fit for you.

The Book

This is probably the most polarizing of the Odyssey entertainment lineup. If you go in expecting to find a plot or a cohesive thread, you’re sure to be disappointed. Fortunately I already knew that, so I quite enjoyed what it was: a series of distinct vignettes with a wide variety of musical styles, impressive technology and a good dose of surreal whimsy. But it did get off to a rather slow start, so if you decide to try it, just don’t leave in the first few minutes thinking that’s all there is!

The Effectors

Also not much of a plot—basically a series of dance numbers set to pop songs, loosely constructed around comic book-style heroes defeating a villain and his minions—and once again, very impressive technology.  BUT … oh my goodness it was L O U D. 😳 Fortunately I had been warned and came equipped with ear plugs, because I wouldn’t have made it through two minutes otherwise. Granted, I have noise sensitivity issues, but DH does not and it was borderline uncomfortable for him.

Two70 Experience

I hesitated over grouping this with the entertainment, because a lot of it was a demonstration of the technology. But it also had some entertainment aspects, and I quite enjoyed them. So if you’re a techie person you would probably love it.

Virtual symphony

I was actually surprised at how much I liked this! With the size of the screen and the quality of the audio, it really did feel like a live performance. There was definitely a pop culture emphasis—a medley of John Williams movie themes, West Side Story, Rhapsody in Blue, a couple of Aaron Copeland pieces—so if you’re expecting a classical repertoire you might be disappointed, but we both enjoyed it a lot.

In the next installment: ports.

Edited by la_croisiere_s'amuse

8 hours ago, la_croisiere_s'amuse said:

Here is what I posted last night in my Odyssey review. Showgirls is no more but I don't recall if Tap Factory is still being shown or not.

Entertainment

We saw The Book, The Effectors, the Two70 Experience, the virtual symphony concert, and two headliners who probably aren’t onboard anymore so I won’t waste your time reviewing them. 😉

Now … as we all know, if there’s anything more subjective than good food, it’s good entertainment! 😁 So I’ll try to focus on information that might be helpful as you decide whether or not a given show would be a good fit for you.

The Book

This is probably the most polarizing of the Odyssey entertainment lineup. If you go in expecting to find a plot or a cohesive thread, you’re sure to be disappointed. Fortunately I already knew that, so I quite enjoyed what it was: a series of distinct vignettes with a wide variety of musical styles, impressive technology and a good dose of surreal whimsy. But it did get off to a rather slow start, so if you decide to try it, just don’t leave in the first few minutes thinking that’s all there is!

The Effectors

Also not much of a plot—basically a series of dance numbers set to pop songs, loosely constructed around comic book-style heroes defeating a villain and his minions—and once again, very impressive technology.  BUT … oh my goodness it was L O U D. 😳 Fortunately I had been warned and came equipped with ear plugs, because I wouldn’t have made it through two minutes otherwise. Granted, I have noise sensitivity issues, but DH does not and it was borderline uncomfortable for him.

Two70 Experience

I hesitated over grouping this with the entertainment, because a lot of it was a demonstration of the technology. But it also had some entertainment aspects, and I quite enjoyed them. So if you’re a techie person you would probably love it.

Virtual symphony

I was actually surprised at how much I liked this! With the size of the screen and the quality of the audio, it really did feel like a live performance. There was definitely a pop culture emphasis—a medley of John Williams movie themes, West Side Story, Rhapsody in Blue, a couple of Aaron Copeland pieces—so if you’re expecting a classical repertoire you might be disappointed, but we both enjoyed it a lot.

In the next installment: ports.

Thanks. The Book was in Two270 correct? Was that listed in the Cruise Compass? I don't see it listed under shows or on the daily compasses so wonder if they're not having it 

Thanks

I've been on Odyssey twice (8 night in November, 6 night in Feb).  As of then the production shows were:

Royal Theater:

Showgirl:Past, Present, Future-standard song and dance revue with showgirl costumes (if you have ever seen Jubilee back in the day at Bally's or the revue at the Tropicana very that).  Very well done IMO, show is apparently a copy from another Quantum Class ship.  Seemed to be a large cast in comparison to other ships

Effectors: Another song and dance revue themed to superheroes-felt like someone went to EDM in Vegas and bought every laser and video screen they could.  Certainly something to see at least once.  Same cast as Showgirl

Tap Factory: An all male cast that is different and is very STOMP! Playing Trash cans and tap dancing also good IMO

270:

The Book: Very Cirque du Soleil though Cirque probably has more a plot.  Still good though and visually appealing if you only get one chance to see this I would go upstairs to front row balcony center while everyone else scrambles for floor seats.  

Virtual Symphony-uses screens and sound system for a recorded concert-no cast

270 experience: Showoff of tech in 270 hosted by the cruise director and a roboscreen show

Also you mentioned you are not seeing everything-for our recent 6 night none of the shows showed up on the daily compass in the App until we boarded

16 minutes ago, mikegrip said:

I've been on Odyssey twice (8 night in November, 6 night in Feb).  As of then the production shows were:

Royal Theater:

Showgirl:Past, Present, Future-standard song and dance revue with showgirl costumes (if you have ever seen Jubilee back in the day at Bally's or the revue at the Tropicana very that).  Very well done IMO, show is apparently a copy from another Quantum Class ship.  Seemed to be a large cast in comparison to other ships

Effectors: Another song and dance revue themed to superheroes-felt like someone went to EDM in Vegas and bought every laser and video screen they could.  Certainly something to see at least once.  Same cast as Showgirl

Tap Factory: An all male cast that is different and is very STOMP! Playing Trash cans and tap dancing also good IMO

270:

The Book: Very Cirque du Soleil though Cirque probably has more a plot.  Still good though and visually appealing if you only get one chance to see this I would go upstairs to front row balcony center while everyone else scrambles for floor seats.  

Virtual Symphony-uses screens and sound system for a recorded concert-no cast

270 experience: Showoff of tech in 270 hosted by the cruise director and a roboscreen show

Also you mentioned you are not seeing everything-for our recent 6 night none of the shows showed up on the daily compass in the App until we boarded

Thanks for the info!!! Hope the cruise compass info is the same for.us!

We are currently on Odyssey. (Disembark tomorrow 😭.)  Tap Factory,

and The Effectors are being shown in the Royal Theater. There was no Showgirls production. In 270, we saw The Book. No other production shows there.

I knew after reading the Odyssey review by @twangster that we needed to see these 3 big shows and they did not disappoint. Really fun, very well done, and in the case of The Book and The Effectors - very unique.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TwinMamainMN said:

We are currently on Odyssey. (Disembark tomorrow 😭.)  Tap Factory,

and The Effectors are being shown in the Royal Theater. There was no Showgirls production. In 270, we saw The Book. No other production shows there.

I knew after reading the Odyssey review by @twangster that we needed to see these 3 big shows and they did not disappoint. Really fun, very well done, and in the case of The Book and The Effectors - very unique.

Do you recall when The Book showed up in the App initially? That's one I really wanted to see and all other shows are showing in the compass except that one. Makes me wonder if they're not having it since I see so many dance parties in there at night.

• Like 1

Could someone OB check for me?  Can you order small bottle 375ml vodka

from room service once OB?  Not the

vodka package, just a small bottle for your room.

We can’t find info anywhere, sailing next week.  Really appreciate it.  It runs about

$28 with tip, normally on the ship.

TIA

13 hours ago, Cruiser1976 said:

Do you recall when The Book showed up in the App initially? That's one I really wanted to see and all other shows are showing in the compass except that one. Makes me wonder if they're not having it since I see so many dance parties in there at night.

We are on Odyssey next weekend and hope they have The Book! Heard it is so good! 

Also our question…..Will shows/events show up on the app as soon as you board? 

On 3/6/2022 at 1:07 AM, Cruiser1976 said:

Once we got on board and the App was "live" for events, that's when we saw the showings for The Book and could make a reservtion.

On 3/6/2022 at 2:18 PM, onefishtwofish said:

We are on Odyssey next weekend and hope they have The Book! Heard it is so good! 

Also our question…..Will shows/events show up on the app as soon as you board? 

Yes. The only one you need to actually reserve is The Book. The rest you can add to your "Daily Planner" so you don't forget about them, but adding them doesn't guarantee you a seat. Also, we still DID get a  Cruise Compass on our bed every night at turndown.

On 3/5/2022 at 7:43 PM, mikegrip said:

On 3/5/2022 at 3:37 PM, Cruiser1976 said:

Thanks. The Book was in Two270 correct? Was that listed in the Cruise Compass? I don't see it listed under shows or on the daily compasses so wonder if they're not having it 

Thanks

That was my experience as well back in February.  Some things don't appear in the app until you are actually connected to the ship wifi. We sat in Giovanni's and booked everything over lunch.  The only thing that was troublesome was Zone Zero.  Booking was weirdly hard.  On Day 1 we had to wait until after 6pm for some reason.  After waiting until precisely 6pm it then showed sold out.  There were no other times list in the app but I was told it would be available on other days. When trying to book for the next day it was available I was told to check the app at 6pm the day prior.  Knowing how that had worked out last time I was skeptical.  Oddly, on day 3 while sitting at lunch in Playmakers, all of sudden, I was able to book it for day  4.  In spite of the frustration, I highly recommend trying it.  It is a hoot and well worth the $19 they charge.