Let's talk OceanNow food and beverage delivery

relmondcrsise

On 3/7/2022 at 7:12 PM, Coffeeluvr05 said:

We just got off of the Majestic on Saturday and we fully tested out the in-room ordering of coffees (lattes), food, and some beverages.  The first day, I was disappointed in the temperature of the coffee.  The rest of the time, I ordered them extra hot and they were perfect.  I ate the breakfast sandwich every morning but two times and it was quite good.  I did not want to order food just to order food because I did not want to be wasteful.  The club sandwich was a favorite for sure.  I can tell you that I ordered multiple beverages at one time on my Princess Plus package and was never charged.  I utilized the beverage ordering anywhere on the ship that allowed ordering of drinks.  However, not all beverages are on the app.  For instance, I wanted an iced chai and it is not on the app.  I had to order it old school! 😁

I don’t remember extra hot as a coffee option. I’ll have to try it next time! 

1 hour ago, West Coast Gal said:

Another question, if you have a beverage package how does that work with ordering?

Princess plus is a daily fee above the cruise fare ($40/pp,) that includes gratuities, adult beverage package and internet. We always get it.

For a couple of examples of how it works with ordering, see my screen shots in post 42.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, West Coast Gal said:

I am curious, what is Princess Plus?

https://www.princess.com/cruise-deals-promotions/princess-plus/

With the beverage package, you can order via the MedallionClass app, your tv in your room, or through any server anywhere on the ship.  There are many more drink options available than are shown on the MedallionClass app drink menu.  You can use your phone to scan the QR codes in each bar/lounge to get a full menu.  You can also just order your favorite drink and surely the bartender can make it for you. 

I added up all of my beverage orders (alcohol and non-alcohol) that I ordered through the MedallionClass app and it was about $195 on our most recent sailing in February on the Majestic Princess.  I also ordered some drinks through waiters directly in the MDR and in various places on the ship which I did not keep count of.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Kmkub said:

Princess plus is a daily fee above the cruise fare ($40/pp,) that includes gratuities, adult beverage package and internet. We always get it.

For a couple of examples of how it works with ordering, see my screen shots in post 42.

Thank you!  Very helpful!

2 hours ago, Lidolounger said:

So, I can order something from my balcony and they will come in my, cabin, bring what I ordered to the balcony without me having to get up and wait in yhe room?

No, they will knock on your cabin door, but won't come in. Assuming you hear the knock, you have to get up and collect the drinks at the door.

Edited by Billish
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Billish said:

No, they will knock on your cabin door, but won't come in. Assuming you hear the knock, you have to get up and collect the drinks at the door.

Are they always appropriately hot/cold?  Do they have a lid of some sort on them.  I'm just having trouble picturing crew walking all over the ship with a bunch of drinks.

6 minutes ago, relmondcrsise said:

Are they always appropriately hot/cold?  Do they have a lid of some sort on them.  I'm just having trouble picturing crew walking all over the ship with a bunch of drinks.

Can't answer about hotness. We always have a kettle when cruising out of the UK, so don't bother ordering hot drinks. We make our own tea !

• Like 1

On 3/9/2022 at 8:57 PM, diane.in.ny said:

Be careful. I've heard of people being charged for the second alcoholic drink,

Agreed, but you can easily monitor these types of things on the APP and customer service always gets it correct.  At least this has been our experince

Cheers

58 minutes ago, relmondcrsise said:

All of my beverages came with a paper lid and were cold. I never ordered anything hot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, relmondcrsise said:

We've ordered drinks from the app ... both cold and hot and yes, they always arrived at the appropriate temperature.  The coffees were always piping hot and had a lid on them.  The drinks had one of those paper covers and were not spilled over the sides along the way.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, relmondcrsise said:

Generally, you order in the place you are planning to stay until the order is delivered. Usually 5-10 minutes.  The app knows where you are and the drinks come from the closest location currently serving.  They don’t follow you around unless you are on the run.  😀

On 3/5/2022 at 1:41 PM, Cruise Raider said:

They actually look surprised when I tip them now.  

I live in the San Francisco area so Ghirardelli is our local chocolate.  I buy big bags of the individually wrapped chocolates at our Costco store and take it on the cruise.  I started leaving them for our room stewards on the pillows at night ... pillow chocolates but the other way around.  I'm now known as the chocolate lady onboard.  I just hand them out when a crew member is nice to me and always with a tip when they deliver something to my room.  I knew they were not allowed off the ship at the times I was on my cruises so, would also bring bags of Doritos and such.  They never quite know what they are going to get.  I just love the look on their faces when I hand it to them, though.  

You and I are on the same wave.  I am going on a holiday cruise and plan to bring chocolate bars to pass out with tips too.  Easy to do.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, pris993 said:

You and I are on the same wave.  I am going on a holiday cruise and plan to bring chocolate bars to pass out with tips too.  Easy to do.

I have my Ghirardelli chocolate bunnies all ready to go.  

• Like 1