Summer 2024

bee-ess

25 minutes ago, bee-ess said:

Just had a mail from P&O to say that Summer 2024 will be available for Pre Register on 23rd March.

Hope there are some different itineraries/ports.

I had that email too, but I thought that it said November rather than 23rd March. I did wonder why they were emailing about it so early.

6 minutes ago, jh1809 said:

I had that email too, but I thought that it said November rather than 23rd March. I did wonder why they were emailing about it so early.

Clearly Carnival are desperate to improve their cash flow, no other reason to bring the launch forward by 6 months.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Clearly Carnival are desperate to improve their cash flow, no other reason to bring the launch forward by 6 months.

Although if the deposits are the normal £50 pp, the cash generated will not amount to much! 

1 hour ago, showingdiva said:

May also answer any questions regarding Aurora and / or Arcadia

Gibraltar cruise schedule 4 2024 shows Arcadia there in mid May and Oct she also shows on Funchal schedule for NYE when I last looked

2 minutes ago, SummmerInKefalonia said:

The 2024 itineraries have leaked a week ago in a big TA site.

Almost same itineraries (with some small new port additions though).

I was hoping they will change. Next September on Arvia. 2 weeks to the med, 5 ports. No thanks.

2024 Deployment is this:

Arvia from Southampton 14-night cruises to Western Med.

Iona from Southamption 7-night cruises to the Norwegian Fjords.

Britannia from Southampton 7 to 14-night cruises to Norwegian Fjords, Baltics & some cruises to Western Med.

Azura from Valletta 7-night fly cruises to Central and Eastern Med.

Ventura from Southampton 7 to 14-night cruises to Spain & France and to Canary Islands.

Arcadia from Southampton long cruises to the Baltics, Norwegian Fjords and Med.

Aurora from Southampton long cruises to the Baltics, Norwegian Fjords, Central Med and Canada/New England.

Edited by SummmerInKefalonia
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

17 minutes ago, lilyafloat said:

Fair enough 😀 I'm looking for first two weeks in July or first two weeks in September sailing from Southampton for a week possibly longer upto 12 days. Would be happy for Norway, Spain/Portugal or Canaries but not on Iona (too big). Many thanks.

Could you point me in the right direction please?

I think Ventura will be your ship (but they start 1-3 days earlier than the dates you want).

Edited by SummmerInKefalonia
  • Like 1

One of the things that I’ve resolved to do differently in our changed world is not to book so early, so I can’t even think about booking cruises more than two years ahead.

Indeed, I’ve spent the last 2 years dealing with the cruises that I had booked as at Mar 2020 - having them cancelled, moving them forward and then more cancellations. I have one cruise still standing on Iona in March 2023. I will get that cruise done before I even entertain another cruise. I’m not 100% sure I’m even a cruiser anymore, so I want to see how I feel about being on a ship before committing to more. 

1 minute ago, SummmerInKefalonia said:

I think Ventura will be your ship. 😉

Thank you very much. Looking at the current brochure I thought it would probably be, but you can never be sure until you see the routes. We have never cruised and I am spending an inordinate amount of time looking at cabins 😂

As two adults and a just turned 21 year old is Britannia or Ventura a better bet for him to find other young adults? We would probably look at a deluxe balcony with the curtain or a suite to give us all a bit of 'space'

1 minute ago, lilyafloat said:

Thank you very much. Looking at the current brochure I thought it would probably be, but you can never be sure until you see the routes. We have never cruised and I am spending an inordinate amount of time looking at cabins 😂

As two adults and a just turned 21 year old is Britannia or Ventura a better bet for him to find other young adults? We would probably look at a deluxe balcony with the curtain or a suite to give us all a bit of 'space'

Britannia has better ratings, though Ventura is smaller (you said you like smaller ships).

I would go for Britannia but I don't know if the dates would work for you.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

One of the things that I’ve resolved to do differently in our changed world is not to book so early, so I can’t even think about booking cruises more than two years ahead.

Indeed, I’ve spent the last 2 years dealing with the cruises that I had booked as at Mar 2020 - having them cancelled, moving them forward and then more cancellations. I have one cruise still standing on Iona in March 2023. I will get that cruise done before I even entertain another cruise. I’m not 100% sure I’m even a cruiser anymore, so I want to see how I feel about being on a ship before committing to more. 

Unfortunately for some passengers, especially those needing accessible cabins, booking at launch is the only option - otherwise availability is not there.

2 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Nothing of the case. The deposit income is not material in the grand scheme of things.

2020 was due to see P&O move to having their itineraries released two full years ahead of the start of the sailing season. This was at customer request. Covid delayed this. The March 2022 release moves back the original plan. Should also see Winter 24/25 released in late September/early October 2022.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, SummmerInKefalonia said:

Britannia has better ratings, though Ventura is smaller (you said you like smaller ships).

I would go for Britannia but I don't know if the dates would work for you.

Britannia probably appeals a bit more, but never having done this I'm open to almost anything. Not keen on lots of people around but I suppose it depends on how they flow around the ship, 2000ish sounds ok, 4000 to me personally sounds like a nightmare!

We may be able to push the dates to June and all of September depending on my son's university term dates. I really appreciate your help x

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

Should also see Winter 24/25 released in late September/early October 2022.

I hope so.  If they still do the 35 TA to New Orleans and Florida I'll move our re-booked 2023 to 2025.  Well, as long as we can still move it for free.

23 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

I think that sums up our feelings as well. 

We are on Azura in March 2022, which we booked on launch, and I felt I was being daring at the time !

To think about booking for June 2024  is a step too far. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I think that sums up our feelings as well. 

We are on Azura in March 2022, which we booked on launch, and I felt I was being daring at the time !

To think about booking for June 2024  is a step too far. 

I tend to agree, can't really think that far ahead. The only draw is that it is always the best prices - our next cruise in July (booked in Nov 20) is now £1000 each more expensive than when we booked.

Not sure what to do about  this launch, was hoping for some new itineraries but looking at the ship deployments, it is a bit same old same old

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

To a certain extent I agree. But booking 30 months ahead seems a bit of a push to me.

It has to be at launch for some of us wowzz, otherwise there are no accessible cabins left.  Which puts us in a dilemma, will we still feel fit enough to cruise in summer 2024, if not will P&O be sympathetic and refund our deposits, I guess we all know the answer.

3 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

It has to be at launch for some of us wowzz, otherwise there are no accessible cabins left.  Which puts us in a dilemma, will we still feel fit enough to cruise in summer 2024, if not will P&O be sympathetic and refund our deposits, I guess we all know the answer.

I fully understand your dilemma. 

I might be tempted to put a deposit of 5% down on a cheapish £5k cruise,  knowing that my loss would be a manageable £250 should we not go, but obviously the loss gets worse as the cruise price increases.

2 hours ago, SummmerInKefalonia said:

2024 Deployment is this:

Arvia from Southampton 14-night cruises to Western Med.

Iona from Southamption 7-night cruises to the Norwegian Fjords.

Britannia from Southampton 7 to 14-night cruises to Norwegian Fjords, Baltics & some cruises to Western Med.

Azura from Valletta 7-night fly cruises to Central and Eastern Med.

Ventura from Southampton 7 to 14-night cruises to Spain & France and to Canary Islands.

Arcadia from Southampton long cruises to the Baltics, Norwegian Fjords and Med.

Aurora from Southampton long cruises to the Baltics, Norwegian Fjords, Central Med and Canada/New England.

So Arcadia and Aurora look safe - good. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wowzz said:

Anyone else feel that with the current state of affairs in the world,  thinking ahead to 2024 is not really of prime importance at present.

Given the world at the moment I would go mad if I didn’t have something to look forward to !

or at least dream about.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, paulatsea said:

So Arcadia and Aurora look safe - good. 

I wouldn't say that. 

P&O have history of selling cruises for a ship right up until the day they announce it has been sold.

The only saving grace at the moment, is that I imagine the price for second hand cruise ships is pretty weak, so P&O will have trouble getting rid of them.

Edited by wowzz
  • Like 2