Seattle Pre-Cruise Hotel Recommendation

islesdave

5 hours ago, Boozy O Croozy said:

We're cruising to Alaska in September '23. Looking at the Marriott Waterfront. As mentioned above, the convenience factor is worth the price to us.

I'm staying there on 28th this month.  Using points.  And, it's along the water to walk the Elliott Bay Trail.  And, it's near 2 places I want for dinner.  I'll try to remember to write about it. 

4 hours ago, slidergirl said:

I'm staying there on 28th this month.  Using points.  And, it's along the water to walk the Elliott Bay Trail.  And, it's near 2 places I want for dinner.  I'll try to remember to write about it. 

Which 2 places for dinner??

16 hours ago, Boozy O Croozy said:

Which 2 places for dinner??

Well, they are sushi places and they get crowded so I don't want to mention... 😉 

Elliott's Oyster House and Ivar's Salmon House are very close by.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, slidergirl said:

Well, they are sushi places and they get crowded so I don't want to mention... 😉 

Elliott's Oyster House and Ivar's Salmon House are very close by.

For sushi fans, some non-secretive favorites are Momji in Capitol Hill (fancier) and Murashi's (casual) in the International District 🙂

7 hours ago, Solara said:

Where to stay if leaving from Pier 91 on Princess, close at attractions & port. 

It isn't a huge city, stay where you like, close to the Space Needle or close to Pike Place Market and just Uber to the pier.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, scottca075 said:

It isn't a huge city, stay where you like, close to the Space Needle or close to Pike Place Market and just Uber to 

Edited by Solara

It isn't a huge city, stay where you like, close to the Space Needle or close to Pike Place Market and just Uber to the pier.

Here’s my choices for hotels.  Any preferences?  Alexis Hotel, Mayflower, Inn at the Market(most expensive) or Kimpton Vintage(had mixed reviews).Thanks!

1 hour ago, Solara said:

Here’s my choices for hotels.  Any preferences?  Alexis Hotel, Mayflower, Inn at the Market(most expensive) or Kimpton Vintage(had mixed reviews).Thanks!

I love the Kimpton Vintage. I've been staying there since Kimpton opened the hotel.

The rest are all fine though.

8 hours ago, Solara said:

Anyway else have an opinion on these hotels?

I like the Mayflower.  It is close to the Monorail and the light rail station (about 2 blocks).  If you want to walk to Pike Place Market from the Mayflower, it is easy to just walk to it avoiding the sketchy 3rd & Pine intersection by walking down Stewart Street.   There is a drug store, Bartell's also close by where you buy sundries, snacks or wine.

https://mayflowerpark.com/things-to-do-in-seattle/

The Mayflower also has a great restaurant which serves a great breakfast, and Oliver's a fun place for Happy Hour drinks (and old school windows which are Instagram worthy).  

https://mayflowerpark.com/seattle-hotel-dining/

12 hours ago, Solara said:

Anyway else have an opinion on these hotels?  Alexis Hotel, Mayflower,

Inn at the Market(most expensive) or Kimpton Vintage(had mixed reviews).Thanks!

When out of town employees come into the office, they stay at the Kimpton Vintage. Rooms are on the small side, but a very nice boutique hotel in a good location with lots to walk to. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, psuboater said:

When out of town employees come into the office, they stay at the Kimpton Vintage. Rooms are on the small side, but a very nice boutique hotel in a good location with lots to walk to. 

And the Kimpton has Tulio's.

• Like 1

Poor @Solara, she asked for feedback on 4 Seattle hotels, and 3 locals answered, each voting for a different one.  I guess she can drop the 4th one, Alexis off the list and decide among the remaining: the Inn at the Market; the Mayflower: and the Kimpton Vintage.  It's great when folks come together to share their knowledge!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

Poor @Solara, she asked for feedback on 4 Seattle hotels, and 3 locals answered, each voting for a different one.  I guess she can drop the 4th one, Alexis off the list and decide among the remaining: the Inn at the Market; the Mayflower: and the Kimpton Vintage.  It's great when folks come together to share their knowledge!

I appreciate very much all of you that have replied.  Now just have to make a decision unless someone has another hotel to add to the mix. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Solara said:

Any opinions if I add The Fairmont or Edgewater into the mix?

You can keep adding other hotels until the cows come home.

If by Fairmont you mean the Olympic, that might be my first choice. It is what I'd consider the grand dame of Seattle hotels. At 99 years, it is one of the oldest and most luxurious hotels in the city and a very good location. It was the Four Seasons when I began staying there in the 1980's. Before that it was the flagship hotel of Westin and where my family stayed when going up to UW when USC was playing there for football. It really is a special hotel, if pricey at times.

The Edgewater is nice, but for different reasons, mostly it is being on the water that is its main attraction. 90% of my trips to Seattle are business trips so the locations of the Olympic, Mayflower Park, Hyatt At Olive 8 and Kimpton Vintage are better for business and my usual four spots to stay. I have a preference for hotels with character, thus the older hotels I like. The Hyatt At Olive 8 only makes my list because I love my morning swims and they have a great indoor pool.

I don’t know if it’s been mentioned, but don’t let the hill up to the core of downtown intimidate you if you stay at the Edgewater or Waterfront Marriott.  You can take an elevator up through the Market Garage to get up to the Pike Place Market (note, it is never Pikes, you will be able to smell Seattleite’s stink eye if you say that).  Also be aware that Seattle’s waterfront is undergoing a huge construction project and there is a lot of construction. 

Seattle will be hosting the MLB All-Star game this year, so for you July cruisers keep that in mind as the expensive hotels will probably become exorbitant.  

Edited by Prost Seattle
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

When we get closer to Seattle cruise season it makes me excited to see the questions roll back in! 🙂

1 hour ago, psuboater said:

When we get closer to Seattle cruise season it makes me excited to see the questions roll back in! 🙂

Although it seems like the run up of questions is happening late, and the volume of Seattle inquiries seems lighter than in previous seasons.  Do you have the same impression, or is it just me?

5 hours ago, scottca075 said:

You can keep adding other hotels until the cows come home.

If by Fairmont you mean the Olympic, that might be my first choice. It is what I'd consider the grand dame of Seattle hotels. At 99 years, it is one of the oldest and most luxurious hotels in the city and a very good location. It was the Four Seasons when I began staying there in the 1980's. Before that it was the flagship hotel of Westin and where my family stayed when going up to UW when USC was playing there for football. It really is a special hotel, if pricey at times.

The Edgewater is nice, but for different reasons, mostly it is being on the water that is its main attraction. 90% of my trips to Seattle are business trips so the locations of the Olympic, Mayflower Park, Hyatt At Olive 8 and Kimpton Vintage are better for business and my usual four spots to stay. I have a preference for hotels with character, thus the older hotels I like. The Hyatt At Olive 8 only makes my list because I love my morning swims and they have a great indoor pool.

I booked the Fairmont Olympic. ♥️  Thanks to everyone for your help. 

• Like 1

I forgot:  I stayed at the Alexis when it was still a Kimpton.  Loved it.  I was upgraded from the cheapest King room to a King Suite Sound View!  May have been because it was part of a Birthday Trip for me (also taking the train from Seattle to Los Angeles).  AND they had a bottle of sparkling wine and munchies for me!!  

Me - I like Kimptons.  Stayed in multiple ones around the country.  

• Like 1