Luggage tags

swansong

Does anyone know if Regent have started to issue suite luggage labels again. Whilst I appreciate the (expensive) pre cruise document pack was probably unnecessary the lack of suite identifier tags is problematical. 

We had a recent experience at the Miami terminal where all the cases were unloaded from the bus dockside and a somewhat annoyed luggage handler was handing out luggage tags for guests to write their suite numbers on.

It was chaotic.

It must have also been an issue for the crew delivering luggage to suites as no deck identifiers were obvious as was the case originally.

We had luggage labels (and the usual document pack) delivered prior to our two Regent cruises in December.

I was not aware that they had stopped sending them, although a previous topic indicated that someone else in the UK had not received them.

Best check with Regent(UK) and/or your TA

In the US, we did receive luggage tags with the ticket pouch.  They are a new design, but still not preprinted with your name and suite number.  They also include leather luggage tags with the Regent logo to use on flights. 

Edited by Anchorbuoy

4 hours ago, Anchorbuoy said:

In the US, we did receive luggage tags with the ticket pouch.  They are a new design, but still not preprinted with your name and suite number.  They also include leather luggage tags with the Regent logo to use on flights. 

Same here although the package came about a week before our sailing date. 

Thank you for your responses. I think all the guests on the bus to the port were British and none had luggage tags. I will check in advance with my TA before our next cruise in June hopefully in order to avoid this happening again.

We are leaving Sunday on Explorer and never received any precruise packet or luggage tags. I wish you could print them from your account on the website like other lines. I do not like using the generic ones at the port. 

swansong--or anyone else worrying about the above:   

If you, for any reason, did not receive BLANK luggage tags to affix to your stuff prior to boarding aircraft, busses, cars, or carts for travel to the embarkation destination, the following Plan B is offered. 

[Aside:  we have never had to deal with this over a course of many, many years with Radison/Regent.  Those BLANK tags were enclosed with our Cruise packet.  That packet was received at our Redmond, WA residence about two weeks prior to embarkation date.]    

For those at Regent's designated hotel for that one pre-night stay prior to boarding, following is Plan B--should Plan A not have resulted in your having those tags.  

Visit the Regent "hospitality" Desk.  It will be either adjacent to the Lobby; or a Staff member can direct you to it.   There, you will meet Regent "representatives".  Keep in mind:  these are NOT Regent employees; they are contractors.  They should have a surfeit of BLANK luggage tags.  

It has been our routine to devote a portion of that hotel night to complete, and affix said tags to our luggage bags--in our Suite.  Hotel staff will then transfer your bags from Suite to ship--at no cost to you--directly to the ship.  Those bags will arrive BEFORE you do.  

Never has been an issue.  Keep Plan B in mind.  

Stay safe.  

GOARMY!

Edited by GOARMY
Clarification.
  • Like 2

GOARMY, thank you for your suggestion for plan B. Unfortunately the experience we had would have called for a Plan C. The ‘ rep’ at the hotel was asked for tags by almost everyone waiting for the bus to the port. She didn’t know what we were talking about.

I agree that our previous experiences were that our luggage was collected from our rooms at hotels and delivered directly to the dockside with deck identified tags attached which arrived at home some weeks before departure.

As I mentioned the luggage ( probably ) 50 cases were dumped on the pavement ( in puddles of water !) at the dock and we had to sort our cases and obtain generic tags from a disgruntled port handler who was more interested in telling everyone how underpaid he was!  He must have been supplied these by Regent. ( they were the tags used for disembarkation with a number 1 on them )

As I said previously it was chaos and certainly not a typically Regent experience.

I have asked my TA to ask Regent why there seems to be no consistency regarding these tags. It’s a relatively small issue but one easily resolved removing the resulting additional stress. If I get a response I will post it here.

Received an email early January, for our April cruise advising that RSSC were ‘streamlining’ operations due to COVID and Safety. Passengers would receive all information via email and luggage would be tagged at the Port.   ☹️☹️.  

This looks like, after reading some of these posts, it is for UK passengers only. Is this a cost thing? 

I was hoping that my luggage would be seamlessly be delivered to my suite following check out at the pre cruise hotel.  I certainly do not want to have to identify my luggage to disgruntled baggage handlers at the Port.

There isn’t even a facility to print our own labels from the website. Very frustrating.  

Is anyone able to take a photograph of their luggage labels (obviously without personal information) and upload to this site so those who want to can attempt to make their own. 

Thank you

20 minutes ago, Kwaj girl said:

@scottie920 the tags will have your deck number on them so if I posted mine and your deck number is different...that would not help.

I appreciate your tags will be particularly to your suite. , I suppose I was  asking for a RSSC luggage label template so I can complete my own suite, deck etc.  Thanks.

4 hours ago, TomBeckCruise said:

We received ours about 10 days ago for the 3-25 Voyager cruise from Civitavecchia.

We are on the same cruise, nowt,zilch,nada, maybe Uk passengers just get an inferior product. Given the relative costs of the cruise a few extra pennies to print luggage tags would send Regent into bankruptcy 😋

• Like 1

We (in the UK) had a package containing "posh" reusable luggage tags and the sticky single use Regent tags with the deck identifier on them (and space for us to write in our personal info) sent to us about a week before our cruise on board Splendor in November.  I would assume that's still the norm (it's what we've always been used to getting) and that this total omission of any labels whatsoever is a temporary problem.

I can't imagine the chaos that will result from such a quantity of unlabelled luggage.  The whole system seems to rely on clear identifiers...colour and deck number on the outward journey, colour and onward travel details for the homeward one. 

(We've never had pre-printed luggage tags for a Regent cruise and have always completed the personal details ourselves)

35 minutes ago, Gilly said:

We (in the UK) had a package containing "posh" reusable luggage tags and the sticky single use Regent tags with the deck identifier on them (and space for us to write in our personal info) sent to us about a week before our cruise on board Splendor in November.  I would assume that's still the norm (it's what we've always been used to getting) and that this total omission of any labels whatsoever is a temporary problem.

I can't imagine the chaos that will result from such a quantity of unlabelled luggage.  The whole system seems to rely on clear identifiers...colour and deck number on the outward journey, colour and onward travel details for the homeward one. 

(We've never had pre-printed luggage tags for a Regent cruise and have always completed the personal details ourselves)

That is what we received also. Green for Deck 8, We write in the information on the back.

• Like 1

We are on the Splendor Apr.5th and haven’t received any luggage tags as yet. Our on line checkin is in a couple days so maybe after that? We booked through aTA and not direct with Regent, does that make a difference?

25 minutes ago, B&Bscruise said:

We are on the Splendor Apr.5th and haven’t received any luggage tags as yet. Our on line checkin is in a couple days so maybe after that? We booked through aTA and not direct with Regent, does that make a difference?

We used an online TA. Received our tags.

2 hours ago, TomBeckCruise said:

We used an online TA. Received our tags.

We are in the UK and also on the Voyager cruise and have received nothing up to now but I'm going to take a luggage label with our suite number and deck on it and attach it when we leave the hotel. 

• Like 2

On 3/13/2022 at 12:31 PM, scottie920 said:

I appreciate your tags will be particularly to your suite. , I suppose I was  asking for a RSSC luggage label template so I can complete my own suite, deck etc.  Thanks.

The tags are also color-coded with respect to deck. One side has blanks to fill out: your name, name of your ship, date of sailing, and suite number. The other side has your deck number inside a colored oval.

On 3/13/2022 at 1:50 PM, Gilly said:

the sticky single use Regent tags with the deck identifier on them (and space for us to write in our personal info) sent to us about a week before our cruise on board Splendor in November.  I would assume that's still the norm (it's what we've always been used to getting) and that this total omission of any labels whatsoever is a temporary problem.

We had those sticky tags for our November Explorer cruise. But for our March 20 Navigator cruise, we were a new style made of durable card stock with a slit to pull the tag through instead of the sticky stuff. Much better.

PS-We're in the U.S.

On 3/13/2022 at 5:13 PM, Boatmans Lady said:

We are in the UK and also on the Voyager cruise and have received nothing up to now but I'm going to take a luggage label with our suite number and deck on it and attach it when we leave the hotel. 

I'm also in the UK. I had booked our February Splendor cruise with a TA. Leading up to it I enquired about luggage tags, I was advised to ring Regent, which I did - I was given the bog standard reply which seems to be the norm these days "We're still working from home and don't have labels available, so you can make your own then pick them up at the terminal prior to boarding." I attached my own in case our luggage went AWOL en route.

@Huggsy we've never had to attach our own like that - who knows what's going on?!  I've been reading Sans' posts too ( @Boatmans Lady ) and having seen @wishIweretravelling above, wonder if Regent have run out of the old sticky style labels but the new tag-through-the-slit style ones haven't made it over the Atlantic ocean yet!?   Dear me...the lack of something so simple as a coloured label could create absolute havoc at the port, couldn't it?!  (But I sincerely hope it doesn't!)

Our next Regent adventure is in July.  I'll let you know how things progress 😎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gilly, we still haven't received anything from Regent, but have my previous Regent luggage tags and will take some of the old fashioned luggage tags with me to attach and write what deck and cabin we are in. Unfortunately I'm not au fait with the colours for the decks, so am unable to colour co-ordinate. 

Hope they sort it out before your next cruise. 

Edited by Boatmans Lady
Sp

On 3/13/2022 at 11:31 AM, scottie920 said:

This is what they sent to us. I don’t know if deck 9 is white, or they aren’t color coding. 

8C6CDEF3-30E5-416D-83B3-D6D6E674D3DA.jpeg

9EBD4D42-7317-46CC-B341-135CF979692D.jpeg

• Like 1