Covid Testing Location

exlondoner

We enter at Dock Gate 10, turn right at the roundabout onto West Bay Road, over the next roundabout and it's obvious about 200 meters further on on your left.

Near the red cross on the attached map, but on the left not the right.

1357155581_Screenshot2022-03-1121_18_35.png.771a171db6adf2aee73096331c511c39.png

Edited by rakkor

4 hours ago, exlondoner said:

Can someone who has used the Covid testing centre at the Mayflower Terminal Southampton explain precisely where to find it. Cunard say use Dock Gate 20 and West Bay Road . Fine, then what? Is it well sign posted?

If you are travelling from Bournemouth,then Gate 20 is the best. Its easy, Through the gate, turn left and follow the main road. A few twists and turns , roundabouts but you can't go wrong.

You will see it on the right

Dock Gate 20 is the recommended so that there is no traffic congestion for those leaving dock gate 10 after taking the test and those using dock gate 10 to enter. Dock Gate 20 is easy enough to find and is well sign posted from M271 and you cannot really go wrong just turn left once in the dock and stay on the main road.

Thank you, everybody. As I said, we shall enter through Dock Gate 20, as Cunard suggest, and anyway, it is far more convenient for anyone coming down the M271, as you miss out a lot of Southampton traffic. We usually use that route, so it's not a problem. Can someone just assure me there is a prominent sign for the testing station itself? Thanks again.

6 hours ago, exlondoner said:

Thank you, everybody. As I said, we shall enter through Dock Gate 20, as Cunard suggest, and anyway, it is far more convenient for anyone coming down the M271, as you miss out a lot of Southampton traffic. We usually use that route, so it's not a problem. Can someone just assure me there is a prominent sign for the testing station itself? Thanks again.

No sign till you get there .Then sign on the road saying turn right into it . Attendants on the road to Marshall you in . You cannot miss it

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vix2000 said:

won't the testing be finishing at 4am on the 18th March?

That date is for testing to enter the country, not to board a cruise ship. Have there been any announcements about pre-boarding tests ?

34 minutes ago, vix2000 said:

won't the testing be finishing at 4am on the 18th March?

TSA has extended covid travel restrictions through April 18. Whether they will be extended again who knows. I do wish they'd stop like so many other countries.

13 hours ago, Host Hattie said:

That date is for testing to enter the country, not to board a cruise ship. Have there been any announcements about pre-boarding tests ?

Hi I’ve just received my cruise booklet  for my QE 14th April cruise through the post and it’s still saying that we still have the complimentary covid 19 test at the Mayflower terminal so hopefully these tests will continue for some time.

9 minutes ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Hi I’ve just received my cruise booklet  for my QE 14th April cruise through the post and it’s still saying that we still have the complimentary covid 19 test at the Mayflower terminal so hopefully these tests will continue for some time.

Er. I am on the cruise before which ends on15th April. Are you sure about the date?

Looks like drive-through testing at the Mayflower Cruise Terminal will be ending after 30 March. I noticed the following within the "Southampton departures" FAQ on the "Preparing to sail - at the terminal" page of the Cunard website.

"Drive-through testing will be available until 30 March 2022. For those arriving by car up to this date please follow the below instructions. From 31 March 2022 all Southampton embarkation testing will take place at your ship’s terminal walk through test centre. ..."

Edit to add: Just saw @Bell Boy posted similar information on the "Embarkation Time?" thread.

Edited by bluemarble

I wonder if this means they are going to stop requiring tests before boarding in Southampton. I saw that several airlines flying out of the UK have stopped requiring masks unless they are flying to the US.