Oceanview Buffet Extravaganza

mbddisney

1 minute ago, Pinboy said:

LOL--- Did you forget to add--- ??

" I predict this for me too but from stress. Not from a buffet  OR comments from someone I don't know and will most likely never meet who post on a social media site ".

i guess you're only interested in dishing out...but not taking it 🙄

7 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

LOL--- Did you forget to add--- ??

" I predict this for me too but from stress. Not from a buffet  OR comments from someone I don't know and will most likely never meet who post on a social media site ".

Yep

On 3/13/2022 at 8:26 AM, TeeRick said:

In all my Celebrity cruises I never knew about this.  Old dog learning new tricks here.

Agree.   I learn new stuff all the time.    I'm really happy that people share all their discoveries. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

People from New England prefer B&M Baked Beans.

product-47800330166.jpg

Never heard of that brand but prior to Bush beans coming to Canada I would drive across the border to buy them. 

I had seen the TOMAHAWK steaks, but didn’t order one, as I know I just wouldn’t have eaten ½ of it.  Mentioned before, I did like the ribeyes, even though they were a little on the “skinny” side.  GF got one of the strips.  She liked it.  She said she said it wasn’t “prime” steak, but was cooked well.

Not sure if it’s last day, but we’ve seen seafood as well as deserts presented similarly throughout the cruise.

Bottom line, Celebrity has a good buffet….probably better than some MDRs on other cruise lines.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TeeRick said:

product-47800330166.jpg

That is what I typically buy (my mother would be aghast if she knew I was buying Bush) but for the last few months my instacart shoppers have been substituting B&M with Bush, dang that supply chain!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Then I need to ask the F&B Manager to be sure that there are a few vegan items on this buffet... and of course they will do it and I will forget the day!!!

LOL

bon appetit and bon voyage

• Like 1

1 minute ago, macaroni said:

They had delicious mussels at our extravaganza!

This just might cause me to change my oft stated absolutely never ever in a million years will I eat at the buffet circus.

8 hours ago, TeeRick said:

product-47800330166.jpg

I prefer the B&M Bacon and Onion beans.  Serve with Saugy franks in New England style buns.  Add diced onions, Boar's Head deli mustard and relish.  

Steamer clams with melted butter on the side. 

Edited by keesar
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, keesar said:

I prefer the B&M Bacon and Onion beans.  Serve with Saugy franks in New England style buns.  Add diced onions, Boar's Head deli mustard and relish.  

Steamer clams with melted butter on the side. 

What's a saugy frank? Everything else sound wonderful. Don't forget the sauerkraut w/ caraway seeds.  (I am somewhat embarrassed to admit that I like chicken franks, they don't repeat on me)

Edited by Guppy99

I think we've only ever had one true buffet extravaganza, which was in the main dining room on the last sea day on our first ever cruise - on the Infinity. That said, we have seen the extra effort they now go to in the Oceanview on the last sea day, and it is good.  Paul prefers the restaurants, but I have a secret love of the Oceanview. The food is good.  I particularly like it for breakfast, but it's great for lunch too. (Paul prefers Sushi on 5 for lunch, and he has a point).

2 hours ago, Guppy99 said:

What's a saugy frank? Everything else sound wonderful. Don't forget the sauerkraut w/ caraway seeds.  (I am somewhat embarrassed to admit that I like chicken franks, they don't repeat on me)

A Saugy is a locally made brand hot dog.  They are available fresh and are made of beef and pork.  Been around since 1869. Good tip on the sauerkraut.

10 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

Then I need to ask the F&B Manager to be sure that there are a few vegan items on this buffet... and of course they will do it and I will forget the day!!!

LOL

I’ll try to smuggle some B&M baked beans for you Bo.

• Like 1

Appreciate all of the buffet comments.

We usually avoid the buffet, not for the quality of the food , but for the slovenly behavior of some of the “patrons”.

Should Celebrity continue with the staff serving at the buffet, we may give it a try on our September Mediterranean Cruises.

2 hours ago, LGW59 said:

I’ll try to smuggle some B&M baked beans for you Bo.

l - most of them are not vegan!!!

I'd rather have a wine tasting with you...