Price reduction handled as additional OBC?

Virginia100

Noticed the price on my 3/26 Reflection cruise was $500 lower than my payment. Was told after final payment additional OBC will be processed. Was told by CS processing could take up to 14 days. My cruise leaves in 13 days. Is this how handled by others?  
Also noticed after logging in to website and opening my cruise and planning icon, in upper right small box that reads $609 credit due,. Never saw before, is this my additional OBC?

Cruises price matching after final payment are processed as an OBC.   I had one done last week and it took less than 8 hours to show up on my reservation.   Personally I've never heard of a long time period.   The Form to be submitted indicates it will be responded to withing 48 hours.    Not sure of the $609.

My credit shows when I go to Plan your Cruise and click on anything you can book e.g. excursions, drinks etc.    To the Left of the shopping cart it shows your OBC. 

• Like 1

It has an arrow next to it.   Have you clicked on it to see if anything else is displayed.   Had you made any purchases in Cruise Planner?  If so have they cancelled anything on you.   There should be order history somewhere that you can display.

1 minute ago, wrk2cruise said:

It has an arrow next to it.   Have you clicked on it to see if anything else is displayed.   Had you made any purchases in Cruise Planner?  If so have they cancelled anything on you.   There should be order history somewhere that you can display.

I click on the arrow and nothing shows. Yes, I made three purchases - 2 excursions snd one dinner and they seem ok,

Did you purchase the excursions & dinner with OBC before you requested the price drop OBC?  

Did the rep you spoke to confirm that the price drop was exactly $500, could it have more?  If you have your original booking confirmation compare that to your booking confirmation after the price drop. it could be that the price drop was more than you expected.

1 hour ago, Virginia100 said:

Noticed the price on my 3/26 Reflection cruise was $500 lower than my payment. Was told after final payment additional OBC will be processed. Was told by CS processing could take up to 14 days. My cruise leaves in 13 days. Is this how handled by others?  
Also noticed after logging in to website and opening my cruise and planning icon, in upper right small box that reads $609 credit due,. Never saw before, is this my additional OBC?

My suggestion is to request and print out a final copy of your booking and bring it with you on the cruise.  I had thought I was getting a similar OBC due to a price reduction but it was never entered on the ship's computer system.  I found that hard to believe. Glad I took  the final copy along with me. 

13 minutes ago, keesar said:

My suggestion is to request and print out a final copy of your booking and bring it with you on the cruise.  I had thought I was getting a similar OBC due to a price reduction but it was never entered on the ship's computer system.  I found that hard to believe. Glad I took  the final copy along with me. 

That’s when and if I get the revised confirmation before I board. CS told me to call 2 days before boarding if I did not receive a revised invoice. It’s only now 12 days to boarding. I may call this Tuesday and verify. 

10 minutes ago, Virginia100 said:

That’s when and if I get the revised confirmation before I board. CS told me to call 2 days before boarding if I did not receive a revised invoice. It’s only now 12 days to boarding. I may call this Tuesday and verify. 

I find it funny that the amount has cents in it.  When I requested an OBC for a price reduction it went in right away.  Check your email I got mine a couple hours after, with a new confirmation attached.  Be sure to check spam folder. 

The price on our August cruise went down $600 three days prior to sailing.  I called and they told me the same thing, could take 14 days to process.  I explained the cruise was in three days and asked them to expedite, which they did.  I had the additional OBC within 2 hours.  So I would just call and ask them to expedite it.

17 hours ago, Virginia100 said:

Attached photo showing $690 credit in upper right. Any idea what this represents?

Yes, that's your OBC.  As others mentioned, it can show up pretty quickly.  When I've received OBC for reductions, it's been there the next time I look for it (typically a day or two after requesting).

9 hours ago, DCPIV said:

Yes, that's your OBC.  As others mentioned, it can show up pretty quickly.  When I've received OBC for reductions, it's been there the next time I look for it (typically a day or two after requesting).

Yes, thanks! Just verified by booking Tuscan Grill using it. Lots to spend on this cruise now.

• Like 1