Beyond the Podium Speakers

HBDave

We were on a 12-night Vancouver to Hawaii cruise that had Beyond the Podium Speakers that we really enjoyed. We recently sailed on a 10-night Caribbean cruise that had no speakers. We have a 14-night transatlantic scheduled for next October. Does anyone know if Celebrity has discontinued the Beyond the Podium Speakers or are they only on cruises with lots of sea days (transpacific, transatlantic, Hawaii, etc.)?

5 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Most of the cruises I have been on as of late had From the Podium.      I believe some of them had been discontinued due to Covid but I would count on having a couple on a TA or TP cruise.

Thanks, thought they may have been discontinued, since there were none on our February 10-Night Millenium Cruise. Hoping to have them on the transatlantic that has lots of sea days. 

Edited by HBDave

34 minutes ago, HBDave said:

We were on a 12-night Vancouver to Hawaii cruise that had Beyond the Podium Speakers that we really enjoyed. We recently sailed on a 10-night Caribbean cruise that had no speakers. We have a 14-night transatlantic scheduled for next October. Does anyone know if Celebrity has discontinued the Beyond the Podium Speakers or are they only on cruises with lots of sea days (transpacific, transatlantic, Hawaii, etc.)?

There has been a cut back in these speakers over the last several years.  You are more likely to have one on a transatlantic cruise than a 7 day cruise.

32 minutes ago, HBDave said:

Thanks, thought they may have been discontinued, since there were none on our February 10-Night Millenium Cruise. Hoping to have them on the transatlantic that has lots of sea days. 

Just looked at Millennium current 10 day sailing and on 1st Sea day  Beyond the Podium: Bermuda Triangle Myth or Mystery at 12 Noon and at 3:00 Pm The Caribbean Pirates Aye to Aye

Didn't appear to be any speakers on the other 2 sea days.

Edited by Jim_Iain

I don’t recall speakers on any of our Caribbean cruises. On the other hand there were wonderful speakers on cruises like our Transatlantic, Alaskan, Iberian, Baltic, South American, and our recent Panama Canal cruises.  

28 minutes ago, kearney said:

I just took a quick look at our 12 N souther Caribbean cruise april 24 and so far I have found two Beyond the Podiums scheduled... day 2, 4, 7 and 9.

Curious how you found this info ahead of the cruise.  Would love to see if we have one on our upcoming cruise in two weeks.

We had a speaker on our 7-day Caribbean cruise on the Edge in June 2021 and on the 7-day Caribbean on Edge in October 2021.

We did not have one on our 7-day Caribbean cruise on Apex in January 2022. 

I hope we have one on the Edge in two weeks.

mac_tlc

22 minutes ago, bunzini said:

Curious how you found this info ahead of the cruise.  Would love to see if we have one on our upcoming cruise in two weeks.

Check the cruise daily schedules on the app for your sailing, although the schedule may not be finalized yet.

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc

13 hours ago, bunzini said:

If you look on the app... you can find it under calendar... on our cruise they are at either 2 or 3 pm

11 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

We were on the Millennium in September for B2B cruises.  We had Brent Nixon and his wife Mary Amanda on both cruises.  

Our 9/10/21 Millennium featured Celia Garland. She was fabulous. Not only in her breadth of knowledge but also her sense of humor displayed as a Liars Club member.

She started on the Equinox as a Glass Artist!

15 hours ago, bunzini said:

Download the Celebrity App.    Select your cruise and click on activities.    Important to change filter from Recommended to ALL.    You can then click day by day and browse.

On 3/14/2022 at 12:29 PM, Jim_Iain said:

Download the Celebrity App.    Select your cruise and click on activities.    Important to change filter from Recommended to ALL.    You can then click day by day and browse.

I do have the app and used on my last cruise.  Weird because when I select activities, it only gives me places (lawn club, pool deck, solarium, etc).  I see on the planner that one can choose "show all" but all I am basically getting are shore excursions.

It has been many years since we have had a speaker on a 7 day cruise.    I have asked a couple of times and was told each time "The speaker did not make the ship".  So I don't expect one in the future but if we get one, great.  I suspect another cutback.

39 minutes ago, keesar said:

It has been many years since we have had a speaker on a 7 day cruise.    I have asked a couple of times and was told each time "The speaker did not make the ship".  So I don't expect one in the future but if we get one, great.  I suspect another cutback.

As I mentioned in post #2, a BTP speaker was on the Apex last week for a 7-day sailing. She spoke 4 times in 7 days. Speakers might be reluctant to join a cruise during these times rather than a cutback.