VeriFly

travelplus

48 minutes ago, LHARTWICK said:

So why are we still being required to test if they aren't looking at the results??  Anyone else not being asked for vax cards or test results??  We sail on our 2nd cruise since the restart on April 9.

Ummmmmm, who said they are not looking at results?

20 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Ummmmmm, who said they are not looking at results?

I was just going by this:  "I showed them the results and they looked at our passports and never asked for our vaccination cards nor test results."  I was only trying to get clarification.   They definitely checked those docs on our DEC 2021 cruise.  Again, just asking.........

Edited by LHARTWICK

14 minutes ago, LHARTWICK said:

I was just going by this:  "I showed them the results and they looked at our passports and never asked for our vaccination cards nor test results."  I was only trying to get clarification.   They definitely checked those docs on our DEC 2021 cruise.  Again, just asking.........

That is the PURPOSE of verifly, so they do NOT have to check those things.  Once you complete Verifly, you have fulfilled the requirement.  There is no need to check because the checking has been done.  My reply was not a dig, just trying to clarify.

We checked in for the Magic at Port Canaveral March 20.   They weren't interested in Verifly, insisted on seeing the hard copies.  No biggie, I just think it's a slow rollout at least at this port.  Wish Carnival wouldn't push Verifly till the local staff is ready.

Edited by ejnsb
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

That is the PURPOSE of verifly, so they do NOT have to check those things.  Once you complete Verifly, you have fulfilled the requirement.  There is no need to check because the checking has been done.  My reply was not a dig, just trying to clarify.

It shifts responsibility from the port workers to the app yet this is actually worse for fraud IMO, very easy to doctor a green check mark VeriFLY screenshot that the checkin team only glances at.  In VeriFLY, it would be better if after everything was completed that the app provides a QR/barcode the check in team scans and validate.  Then again, cruise lines really don’t care, they’re only doing this for port requirements

43 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

It shifts responsibility from the port workers to the app yet this is actually worse for fraud IMO, very easy to doctor a green check mark VeriFLY screenshot that the checkin team only glances at.  In VeriFLY, it would be better if after everything was completed that the app provides a QR/barcode the check in team scans and validate.  Then again, cruise lines really don’t care, they’re only doing this for port requirements

That was my thought - easy enough (for those with the right skillset) to even generate a look alike application that says whatever you'd like it to... or an app that shows that the Nigerian lottery money deposit is pending, so that you know it's ok to send them the $10,000 upfront money... 😉 

The Verifly app should be linked to Carnival (if it isn't already in some way) to show on their end that all has been reviewed/approved.

Tom

15 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

That was my thought - easy enough (for those with the right skillset) to even generate a look alike application that says whatever you'd like it to... or an app that shows that the Nigerian lottery money deposit is pending, so that you know it's ok to send them the $10,000 upfront money... 😉 

The Verifly app should be linked to Carnival (if it isn't already in some way) to show on their end that all has been reviewed/approved.

Tom

There are controls.

1 minute ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

One would hope - if you are aware of this, that's reassuring. 🙂

Tom

I had a conversation along the same lines with someone at Carnival (for another purpose).  At the end of the day (from a pandemic view) the goal of this app is to make the embarkation process much easier.   I think we will be seeing more changes to this process with Carnival.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

The purpose to make embarkation process smoother.  It is not about shifting responsibility from one side to the other,  

On 3/25/2022 at 11:38 PM, rolloman said:

On a recent sailing I went through the tedious Verifly process.  For the record it was a week out before the APP would recognize my booking number. Fast forward to embarkation day, I went through the check in process and quickly found out the Verifly process was not speedier and in fact it was basically a joke. The check-in agent said they only look at the Verifly APP for proof of vaccination which of course can be handled in the same amount of time by just showing them proof by either picture or paper.  Regardless, about 30 seconds later I was scuttled to another nearby agent who looked at my passport and boarding pass and then I stood there waiting for a supervisor agent to provide official clearance... then I was off to security xray and finally boarding.  So, no special line, no special treatment, no expedited process. Just a bunch of "extra" busy work prior to sailing. 

Same here ! We went through the embarkation process at the port of Mobile on March 24th and had a similar experience. At the check-in desk we presented the agent with our verifly app and showed the pass with the "ready to sail" checkmark !

The agent there basically used it as her checklist. "So it says here that you uploaded the vaccination, can I see that please ?". " Now here it shows' that you have submitted negative test results, do you have that letter stating this?'

When the agent saw the pictures for the pass she asked if she could see our passports...

So yes, we walked away from the check-in with the feeling: " Why did we take the time to go through this verifly process ???

20 minutes ago, stormgrey11 said:

So yes, we walked away from the check-in with the feeling: " Why did we take the time to go through this verifly process ???

They either need to rely on it (if they trust it 100%), allowing it to streamline the boarding process, or abandon it. Otherwise, yes, it can make one feel as if they're being asked to jump through hoops.

Tom

2 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

The purpose to make embarkation process smoother.  It is not about shifting responsibility from one side to the other,  

Like many things in life, there usually isn’t a sole single reason for something there are usually multiple reasons.  As I’ve stated repeatedly, if you have your paperwork/screen pre-sorted, VeriFLY hardly makes any difference.

With VeriFLY, I show my “pass” on my phone.  Without VeriFLY I show them my negative test on my phone, therefore the only difference is showing them my vax card which hasn’t taken more than 3 seconds 

7 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Like many things in life, there usually isn’t a sole single reason for something there are usually multiple reasons.  As I’ve stated repeatedly, if you have your paperwork/screen pre-sorted, VeriFLY hardly makes any difference.

With VeriFLY, I show my “pass” on my phone.  Without VeriFLY I show them my negative test on my phone, therefore the only difference is showing them my vax card which hasn’t taken more than 3 seconds 

I would wager a lot that  the average of the look and see method you describe is  over 3 minutes, let alone 3 seconds..  Many think they have everything but don”t.  Many think it is all ready and no issues, but are wrong.  Many have partial documentation and think they have everything ready but don’t.  You can state lots of things repeatedly, not sure what that proves.  How many cruises have you been on a Carnival ship since August?  

Edited by jimbo5544

8 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

They either need to rely on it (if they trust it 100%), allowing it to streamline the boarding process, or abandon it. Otherwise, yes, it can make one feel as if they're being asked to jump through hoops.

Tom

everything is being verified, when you enter the data it says pending review.  

Without repeating, the app has been around since 2000 (kind of kills it was made for the pandemic argument).  Here is a link of the major companies that use (it is only a partial) where MILLIONS of uses.  While there have been break in issues (as there are with most apps), it works.  It will continue to be used for embarkation and all data is verified (much better than an 80 year old working at embarkation centers.  

https://www.daon.com/customers/

Moving on…..

Edited by jimbo5544

45 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

I would wager a lot that  the average of the look and see method you describe is  over 5 minutes.  How many cruises have you been on a Carnival ship since August?

Yes, just got off the Pride this past Sunday and the Glory this past December, I have shared my experiences yet understand it gets buried when there are 6 pages.  I have also been on 3 Celebrity cruises since the restart.  In every single check-in I've experienced since the restart, they have only glanced at my vax card and my test results.  In all five of my cruises, I have NEVER seen anyone look at any documentation close to even a minute.  So you're saying a rep generally stares at the vax card for around 2.5mins then your test results for another 2.5mins?  There are plenty of youtube videos validating the short glance.  I shared I believe it was my second Celebrity cruise, where the woman spoke out loud as she was validating the covid test results "do the names match?  Yes...is the test date valid?  yes...Is the result negative?  yes...You're all set!"  I suppose the entire check in process can take 5 total minutes but that's overall regardless of using the app or not.

Edited by NutsAboutGolf

On 3/29/2022 at 6:54 PM, NutsAboutGolf said:

Yes, just got off the Pride this past Sunday and the Glory this past December, I have shared my experiences yet understand it gets buried when there are 6 pages.  I have also been on 3 Celebrity cruises since the restart.  In every single check-in I've experienced since the restart, they have only glanced at my vax card and my test results.  In all five of my cruises, I have NEVER seen anyone look at any documentation close to even a minute.  So you're saying a rep generally stares at the vax card for around 2.5mins then your test results for another 2.5mins?  There are plenty of youtube videos validating the short glance.  I shared I believe it was my second Celebrity cruise, where the woman spoke out loud as she was validating the covid test results "do the names match?  Yes...is the test date valid?  yes...Is the result negative?  yes...You're all set!"  I suppose the entire check in process can take 5 total minutes but that's overall regardless of using the app or not.

My last post on the topic and then I will move on.  I believe that Verifly significantly improves and shortens the embarkation process.  I have seen it when they were stumbling and again when it works (5 cruises).  The app takes the time to check OUT of the equation (fact).  They only look for a green check and you move on.  There is not a chance in hell that a part time person could do this anywhere near the performance (both in accuracy or just plain time) of the app, because it has already been approved (hence the green check).  Hope you enjoyed your Pride cruise.

7 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

My last post on the topic and then I will move on.  I believe that Verifly significantly improves and shortens the embarkation process.  I have seen it when they were stumbling and again when it works (5 cruises).  The app takes the time to check OUT of the equation (fact).  They only look for a green check and you move on.  There is not a chance in hell that a part time person could do this anywhere near the performance (both in accuracy or just plain time) of the app, because it has already been approved (hence the green check).  Hope you enjoyed your Pride cruise.

You were very vague in how it shortens the experience, yes if someone doesn't have their things sorted it could save a minute or two, as stated, in my direct experience of five cruises, I'll provide a simplified specific details...

With app: They glance at your phone screen for the check mark

Without app: They glance at your phone screen for your test results and then spend a few extra seconds your physical vax card

Without the app was already an extremely quick process

Word of caution. Don't try to log in with a second device. My battery was running low on my first phone and when I tried to use my second phone my info didn't transfer to Verifly. The application process started over...... Not sure if I would have had to have uploaded everything again or not

I was in the terminal at that time so it didn't matter. Fortunately I was checked in already. I don't know what I would have had to done to get it onto my second phone. 

Edited by kilkoyne

1 hour ago, kilkoyne said:

Word of caution. Don't try to log in with a second device. My battery was running low on my first phone and when I tried to use my second phone my info didn't transfer to Verifly. The application process started over...... Not sure if I would have had to have uploaded everything again or not

I was in the terminal at that time so it didn't matter. Fortunately I was checked in already. I don't know what I would have had to done to get it onto my second phone. 

Well - at least there's a good solid backup plan (paper documents)!

1 minute ago, kdr69 said:

Once vaccine cards and tests and attestations are a thing of the past wonder what documents will need to be uploaded to use this app then?

No need for uploads as, by then, the vaccine microchips should be 100% operational.

😉

Tom

• Haha 3

Just now, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

No need for uploads as, by then, the vaccine microchips should be 100% operational.

😉

Tom

doubtful they have to get Wi Fi working first. 😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2