Cruise Ship Ban Lifted in Australia from April 17

We have been very patient in Australia but finally some good news. Looking forward to sailing on the Quantum of the Seas when it comes down under (already booked for January 2023). Also good news for P&O, Princess, Celebrity and Carnival who will be welcomed back. 

Australia to Lift Entry Ban for Cruise Ships After Two Years | World News | US News

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I'm so happy to finally get to go on one instead of moving my credit from one cancelled cruise to the next. We fly to Honolulu on 30 September and get onto Radiance on 4 October to sail back to Sydney. If this one had been cancelled we were still going to go to Hawaii anyway.

• Like 2

So much for science- Australia has its highest positive case count (and still going up - 12x per capita of US) and they lift the ban yet when they had virtually none they wouldn’t. 

Edited by Biker19

9 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

So much for science- Australia has its highest positive case count (and still going up - 12x per capita of US) and they lift the ban yet when they had virtually none they wouldn’t. 

Follow the seance….some things don’t change. 

4 hours ago, Bellamariya said:

So relieved!  We are booked on Quantum doing the Transpacific from Honolulu to Brisbane in October and had booked our flights to Hawaii with our fingers crossed. Now we can finally relax!

I don’t know about the trans pacific.

Large ships are ban from French Poly  ,Full stop .

And Ovation and Quantum stop at Hawaii has been canceled.

So at the moment there’s nowhere for them to stop on the way. I can’t see them having passengers.

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

~80% of our population is vaccinated though

54 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

So at the moment there’s nowhere for them to stop on the way. I can’t see them having passengers.

Perhaps TP via Fiji instead?

I can see Radiance, Quantum and Ovation stops in Honolulu port on the dig site.

• Like 2

If this is good news , then why did Princess just cancel all these cruises?

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/plan/impacted-and-cancelled-cruises/cancelled-cruises-diamond-majestic-royal-ruby-spring-2023.pdf

Hate to be working at the customers service desk this morning for all these canceled cruises............ talk about wait time. Hopefully people get through before their cruise date comes up.

Wonder how many cruises from these same regions Royal cancels?

Edited by Jimbo

5 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

We're booked on Solstice 1 Oct 2023, HNL to SYD.  No more Boro Boro.  They stop in Moorea, Papeete, and Raiatea.  Raiatea is a new one.  Have not seen this one before.  Also going to Auckland and Bay of Islands, so 5 port visits.  The B2B goes up the East Coast of AUS, ending up in Singapore. 

12 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

The Bora Bora stop was changed to Moorea due to the large ship ban a few months ago.
When was the Hawaii stop cancelled? I have not heard this at all and considering our embarkation is in Honolulu I think we would have been told? There are dozens of people on the Roll Call for this cruise and not one is talking about this?

1 hour ago, Bellamariya said:

The Bora Bora stop was changed to Moorea due to the large ship ban a few months ago.
When was the Hawaii stop cancelled? I have not heard this at all and considering our embarkation is in Honolulu I think we would have been told? There are dozens of people on the Roll Call for this cruise and not one is talking about this?

Boro Boro and Moorea were always stops on all the TP's we booked and/or were cancelled.  They were both Tender ports.  Why now drop Boro Boro for Raiatea?  I was looking forward to booking Patrick's Boro Boro excursion.  What's there to do on Raiatea?  They are both tender ports.

18 minutes ago, Wineaux007 said:

Boro Boro and Moorea were always stops on all the TP's we booked and/or were cancelled.  They were both Tender ports.  Why now drop Boro Boro for Raiatea?  I was looking forward to booking Patrick's Boro Boro excursion.  What's there to do on Raiatea?  They are both tender ports.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/travel/french-polynesia-the-latest-country-to-ban-mega-cruise-ships/RXY2PDLCWPAIZRVNENLHJ6Z2N4/

2 hours ago, Bellamariya said:

Radiance should be OK but unless they can keep the passengers down to 3500 .

Ovation and Quantum won’t be allowed into French Polynesia.

At the moment Fiji is a possibility but Fiji isn’t BoraBora. 

https://cruisepassenger.com.au/news/french-polynesia-to-ban-mega-ships-from-calling-at-their-ports/

Edited by Chiliburn

2 hours ago, Bellamariya said:

No Ovation or Quantum they disappeared about a month ago.

They might turn up again???

But if there’s nowhere to stop, it’s a lot of sea days.

https://hawaii.portcall.com/#!?tab=2

5 hours ago, Wineaux007 said:

On our cruise we have lost Bora Bora and gained another day on Moorea. I was disappointed as Bora Bora had some great excursions. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Biker19 said:

I guess the difference this year over last year is I presume most Australians are now double jabbed. And the reason why they had 'virtually none' is because of their strict international tourism rules amongst other reasons.

Unfortunately as soon as things relax cases increase, as they are now in the UK and Europe. The good news is thanks to the  'science ' of vaccinations the increased cases do not mean increased deaths.

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HappyInVan said:

I follow the facts, as well as the science. The Aussies were locked down during the alpha and delta waves. So, their losses were negligible. Too bad that the same can't be said for the rest of the world.

Thanks for your opinion….not everyone followed the seance. To each their own.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1