Move up offer today

Scrst

5 minutes ago, sippican said:

That's surprising. Even on  Celebrity"s own travel agent portal, they do not show all available inventory.

I've been reading about this from those in the US on here for years. But the Celebrity UK site has always shown all available inventory. This has been mentioned on here before. :)

13 hours ago, Moby Jones said:

You paid $1800 ish on a 10 day always included sky suite? Wow. That is a good deal. I’ve been tracking pricing and not seen them anywhere near that on this sailing. 

last I checked actual SS pricing, if you divided the current price by 4.8, that's about what we paid each.... & since we were dragging along a very small FCC, we kept our internet & will have to pay for drinks package...  with our Celebrity Visa we have enough credit to make the premium package 1/2 price....  I'm super happy with our cabin & pricing....  can't understand who's going to pay almost 17,000 USD for a basic sky suite for 10 nights!

7 hours ago, sippican said:

That's surprising. Even on  Celebrity"s own travel agent portal, they do not show all available inventory.

Agreed.  The 'reverse function' confusion continues.  What the UK site (and others) show are what cabins one could book in that instant, online.  Other cabins that aren't shown as available for booking aren't necessarily booked, but neither are they available for booking at that time for any number of reasons.

So again, what you currently see online is a fair indicator of availability, but not a good indicator of existing bookings.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Airbalancer said:

If your offer is not accepted, can you re bid at a higher price ? 

I'm going to take you literally for a moment, and then note that there is a significant distinction between 'not accepted' and 'rejected'.  There's a netherworld of time there during which you haven't heard back yet (not accepted or rejected yet) and having your bid rejected.  During that period, it's a window that is available for making bid changes if you have a change of heart about your earlier bid.

I just saw something new.   I went in to check on a number of upgrades I have pending and the both the Minimum and Maximum have dropped significantly.   The new Max is below my bid so I changed them to the Max bid just in case I was to win one (I guess otherwise I would have been charge more than the new max).    I doubt most of them will win as there are no cabins available except one bid where there is 1 cabin. 

Has anyone else ever seen this 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Scrst said:

I don’t want to share too much info!  I will say there are many unsold cabins in most categories

It's not a secret.  If we click on your name, we can see your postings....

• May 26?

We just booked this cruise as our Infinity cruise was cancelled.

Edited by Sam.Seattle
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I just saw something new.   I went in to check on a number of upgrades I have pending and the both the Minimum and Maximum have dropped significantly.   The new Max is below my bid so I changed them to the Max bid just in case I was to win one (I guess otherwise I would have been charge more than the new max).    I doubt most of them will win as there are no cabins available except one bid where there is 1 cabin. 

Thank for posting I  will keep checking the max

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Had the same thing happen on our April Hawaii cruse.  Mins dropped 100 to 200 per person from when first avail to bid.

1 hour ago, moolman said:

Are travel agent booked cruises eligible for this? I did the NCL offer up a few years ago and my TA had to get involved.

I bid on a couple upgrades when there were lots of availability and turned down on all of them.  I asked my TA if it was because I booked in a group rate, and they said that had nothing to do with it regarding upgrades.

9 hours ago, canderson said:

Agreed.  The 'reverse function' confusion continues.  What the UK site (and others) show are what cabins one could book in that instant, online.  Other cabins that aren't shown as available for booking aren't necessarily booked, but neither are they available for booking at that time for any number of reasons.

So again, what you currently see online is a fair indicator of availability, but not a good indicator of existing bookings.

I'm not at all convinced by that. Pre covid I've seen a cabin I particularly wanted (6145, M class) show as available on the UK site whilst trying to book it with a US TA who told me it was unavailable to book. I had the US TA call Celebrity and managed to book it. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I’ve seen this happen to others. Hasn’t happened to me but my bids have been locked for a couple of weeks (one expired and one pending) and we don’t sail for a couple of weeks yet. Even with going from the original email I cannot modify bids or bid on other categories so we “may” get the bid up to Aqua class - certainly plenty left!

Wendy

8 hours ago, Moby Jones said:

I'm not at all convinced by that. Pre covid I've seen a cabin I particularly wanted (6145, M class) show as available on the UK site whilst trying to book it with a US TA who told me it was unavailable to book. I had the US TA call Celebrity and managed to book it. 

I've seen that a number of times.    If you look at a room or do a mock booking the room is often taken out of inventory for 15 minutes then pops back in.     You or someone else looking at it may have temporarily blocked it.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I just got another e-mail for our 3/27 Edge sailing, so I took a look. Previously we had gotten an e-mail and I checked then also. Mins today are lower for Villa & Penthouse, actually higher for CS. We are in a SS. There is no availability in any category on my Move-Up list. 

I had never seen this before.

EDIT: Took another look and the Penthouse min bid ($2000pp) is lower than the RS min bid ($2500pp). I had to put in a bid just for the heck of it! 

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 1