OUR RECENT VISIT TO BEACH LIMERZ ON FORT JAMES BEACH

SonuvaBeach

Hi I am Samba

My husband and I will be In Antigua on March 2. We usually l do a day pass in this island. Not available this year. How far is this beach from where the ship docks? Also how does this beach compare to Dickinson’s beach. Just watched your video. Thank you for sharing. Appreciate hearing from you.

On 2/15/2023 at 10:55 PM, samba said:

Hi I am Samba

My husband and I will be In Antigua on March 2. We usually l do a day pass in this island. Not available this year. How far is this beach from where the ship docks? Also how does this beach compare to Dickinson’s beach. Just watched your video. Thank you for sharing. Appreciate hearing from you.

Hi..here is my VERY recent video to Fort James Beach. I did not stay at Beach Limerz this trip as it is no longer owned by Gail and Barry, and a good deal of thier beach has washed away. BUT..Fort James Beach is still amazing..we had it all to ourselves for the whole day! It is a 10 minute cab ride from the ship.If you don't want to watch the whole video, the  Fort James Beach section begins around  2 minutes 30 seconds into the video.

Edited by SonuvaBeach

We were in Antigua last Monday. (13 Feb) We did not use the $45 PayGo option. Paid $29 for 2 loungers and an umbrella. We were not in the mood to eat, late port arrival. (1pm) cab was 5/person/ea way. the ride over to the beach was not the most scenic, in fact it was kinda depressing. When we got to the water had a 1/4 mi ride on a Very bumpy dirt road. When we arrived BeachLimerz, it is very nice beach bar... looked like it was rebuilt/refurbished after storms. We rated it 8 outta 10. Staff was friendly, drinks were cold, food that passed by looked great... we (8 of us) were laying out on loungers and were hit by a passing storm... inside and hung out waiting for it to stop... great views, (although didn't realize we were around hill from ship. ) Water is a calm Caribbean sea... very slight drop when entering but once you know of it... No Problem, sandy all the out w/ slight waves.

Took walkdown beach and there is construction going on... then all way to end, Beach bar (think it was called Miller at Beach or Sea) closed down fenced. Did not rebuild from the storm. Looked like a happening place w/ volley ball and shade huts.

THIS IS THE BAR YOU WANT TO GO TO!!!!

pet peeve... gladly accepted $US, change in WI $, even when asked for change in US. Paid for next drink in US/WI mixture. Also used extra to pay cab tip after paying for trip in US.

On 2/18/2023 at 12:26 PM, SonuvaBeach said:

Hi..here is my VERY recent video to Fort James Beach. I did not stay at Beach Limerz this trip as it is no longer owned by Gail and Barry, and a good deal of thier beach has washed away. BUT..Fort James Beach is still amazing..we had it all to ourselves for the whole day! It is a 10 minute cab ride from the ship.If you don't want to watch the whole video, the  Fort James Beach section begins around  2 minutes 30 seconds into the video.

Does Ft. James beach have chair rentals or somewhere to get refreshments?

11 hours ago, CroozinFamily said:

Does Ft. James beach have chair rentals or somewhere to get refreshments?

Beach Limerz  rents chairs and has refreshments. Further up the beach, next to the building from where the horseback riding tours leave ,  there is a little group of stores. They also rent chairs and have water and soda, etc.

• 3 weeks later...

We were back to Antigua in December for the 5th time.  It was also our 3rd time at Beach Limerz.  I must say that Hillary is a wonderful person and taxi driver.  

We had a lovely lunch and nice drinks, everything was very clean. People working there were nice.  It was different from the past though and I think that we will be branching out to other beach opportunities in the future.  Much more foot traffic from people who wanted to use loungers and didn't want to pay for them.  Some behavior on the beach wasn't quite appropriate - perhaps only because I'm old!!!  

This is just my opinion and others are welcome to disagree.  Jan

• Like 1