Royal Up not working

I am having a problem where Royal Up will not work for me. It gives me an error message. My cruise is paid in full, I have not made any changes, and I did not get an email from the program. Has anyone else had this problem or have any suggestions?  I have been trying it for 2 months and we are now within 30 days of sailing 

1 hour ago, ThreeYellowLabs said:

Has anyone else had this problem or have any suggestions?  

Ask someone in the Roll Call thread for your sailing if it's working for them.

Also, if the booking has two different last names, try the other one.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, fredmdcruisers said:

We also use a TA but no problem with Royal Up. Why would a TA care? To Royal Up you must provide a cc.

I have tried every single day for 3 of my reservations (past and present) and have never been able to get through to do it.  When I asked on the board I was told that some big box TAs don't allow it --- is your TA a big box agency?  If not, maybe that is why the situation is different for me.

Just now, Italy52 said:

I have tried every single day for 3 of my reservations (past and present) and have never been able to get through to do it.  When I asked on the board I was told that some big box TAs don't allow it --- is your TA a big box agency?  If not, maybe that is why the situation is different for me.

Ask your TA about it. I don't see why it would matter to them!

If trying to RU on a computer it could be as simply as using a different browser.

If I tried once and it wasn't working I wouldn't try every day. I would call C & A! (Especially with that big diamond icon.)

22 minutes ago, fredmdcruisers said:

We also use a TA but no problem with Royal Up. Why would a TA care? To Royal Up you must provide a cc.

Some big box ta's opted out because the aversge commission earned on the bid does not cover the labor and paperwork costs involved on their end.  Their business model is built around servicing every booking with as few interactions with the client as possible 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

7 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Some big box ta's opted out because the aversge commission earned on the bid does not cover the labor and paperwork costs involved on their end.  Their business model is built around servicing every booking with as few interactions with the client as possible 

What extra paperwork or labor. When you RU bid, you enter a cc. Royal lets you know early or at check in, if you won a bid. No need for further work by the TA. I doubt that they even communicate with the TA if you win!

We have had the same problems on occasion.

Three things we've done to get around the problem:

1) try using a different browser

2) try clearing your cache

3) if you are using an iPad or a smart phone, try switching to a more traditional computer

one or the other usually works.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, fredmdcruisers said:

What extra paperwork or labor. When you RU bid, you enter a cc. Royal lets you know early or at check in, if you won a bid. No need for further work by the TA. I doubt that they even communicate with the TA if you win!

The paperwork the agency needs to process the extra commission.  Yes the agents do get notified and yes their is extra accounting paperwork and record keeping involved on the travel agents rend.  The client may not see it but the agent still has work to do.

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, orville99 said:

We have had the same problems on occasion.

Three things we've done to get around the problem:

1) try using a different browser

2) try clearing your cache

3) if you are using an iPad or a smart phone, try switching to a more traditional computer

one or the other usually works.

Have done all of the above with no success.  Like I said, I believe it is because we use a BB TA.

5 minutes ago, fredmdcruisers said:

I’m sure you do not ask your TA questions about RoyalUp or how much to bid or can they enter the bids for you if they give the TA the details as they are not tech savvy and that’s why they gave a TA or what the categories mean or why you did not win when your SIL who bid the same did, or if you can add another guest if you win or if you can combine two cabins to RiyalUp to one suite or if you kids in the inside cabin can use the suite lounge if the other cabin RoyalUp up to a suite or if you can change back to your old cabin because you do not like your RoyalUp assignment…I’m sure you do not make such calls (you’d read the threads here if you had such questions but not everyone reads CC).  Still, the bid box store might just think it has customers who would make enough calls like that to consume more agent time than they gain in commission from the program and perhaps they limit each agent’s time per reservation to make a tidy profit.  That is one of the options one has when selecting a TA; there are others, so 

2 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

I’m sure you do not ask your TA questions about RoyalUp or how much to bid or can they enter the bids for you if they give the TA the details as they are not tech savvy and that’s why they gave a TA or what the categories mean or why you did not win when your SIL who bid the same did, or if you can add another guest if you win or if you can combine two cabins to RiyalUp to one suite or if you kids in the inside cabin can use the suite lounge if the other cabin RoyalUp up to a suite or if you can change back to your old cabin because you do not like your RoyalUp assignment…I’m sure you do not make such calls (you’d read the threads here if you had such questions but not everyone reads CC).  Still, the bid box store might just think it has customers who would make enough calls like that to consume more agent time than they gain in commission from the program and perhaps they limit each agent’s time per reservation to make a tidy profit.  That is one of the options one has when selecting a TA; there are others, so 

No, my TA doesn't even know we bid! 

Contacted my TA re: RU and she just replied: 

"I hope all is well. I hope you win but no I don’t get extra commission or anything. Have a great day!"

So RU not working on your phone or computer has nothing to do with TA'S, big box or not. If it isn't working for you, call Royal for tech support.

Oddly mine had worked and then stopped working for over a month, now I can only log in using my husbands last name on the reservation and not my own.  When originally I used my name and I am listed first on the booking.  

1 hour ago, Italy52 said:

Peak city -- thanks, your post explains why the system doesn't work for me.

No, the TA not participating does not mean you can not RU. Just means you deal directly with Royal for RU.

If you can't bid it is a technical problem. Call C & A d+ number.

22 hours ago, fredmdcruisers said:

Contacted my TA re: RU and she just replied: 

"hope all is well. I hope you win but no I don’t get extra commission or anything. Have a great day!"

So RU not working on your phone or computer has nothing to do with TA'S, big box or not. If it isn't working for you, call Royal for tech support.

She's wrong about the commission.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fredmdcruisers said:

No, the TA not participating does not mean you can not RU. Just means you deal directly with Royal for RU.

If you can't bid it is a technical problem. Call C & A d+ number.

Absolutely NOT true. If you are booked with a TA that does not participate in RU, you cannot RU.  Not sure why you keep arguing when a highly regarded TA has told you that you cannot and someone else actually provided the verbiage that says you cannot.

Just because you think you know how it works does not make you right.  It has been well known since RU started in 2019 that if you book with particular travel agencies, most well known is the big box listed, you cannot participate in RU. One of the reasons I choose not to use the big box.

Edited by cured
  • Like 3

Not everyone is offered royal up.  It seems to be the luck of the draw.  I don't think it has anything to do with who you booked with.  

We had one royal suite, 2 grand suites and 2 junior suites booked last Dec.  We wanted to upgrade the Junior suites to Grands...  Only one of the junior suites was able to do the royal up.  Both juniors had Diamond plus people cruising in them.  But the room that was not able to royal up had 150 more status points so even your point status does not matter for royal up.  We kept calling and asking to just pay for the upgrade so we all could eat in Coastal Kitchen together since they were blocking junior suites due to Capacity issues.  

They said bookings were sealed and just to try royal up for the upgrade.  We did not care about the price.  We wanted the rooms upgraded.  We asked why one of the rooms did not get the royal up option and we were told not all rooms get the option and it was a lottery for the offer to upgrade. 

We kept trying to upgrade those 2 rooms!  When final payment was due 30 days before the cruise we tried again to get those rooms upgraded.  Since we could not even get on a waiting list to get those rooms upgraded we canceled ALL the rooms and did not go.

If we could have just put in the maximum amount to royal up for both rooms, we would have taken the chance.  

• Like 1