Problem on The Joy ?

vacation44

Oh my goodness! We just switched to the Joy from this weekend’s  cancelled Escape trip!!! 

i am laughing my head off it’s so unbelievable 😀. Got a 💯 FCC from the Escape, wonder if we’d get another one if this gets canned too, ha!!

51 minutes ago, smileygirl_68 said:

Oh my goodness! We just switched to the Joy from this weekend’s  cancelled Escape trip!!! 

i am laughing my head off it’s so unbelievable 😀. Got a 💯 FCC from the Escape, wonder if we’d get another one if this gets canned too, ha!!

Omg - I am the Escape on the 26th and the Joy was my backup plan - is someone trying to tell me something? 

As this news happens, please keep all of us up to speed.  I leave tomorrow and if the Joy is going to cancel, love to handle it and not get on a plane.  Nothing on CruiseIndustryNews.com as of yet so it might have been just a weather issue.  

Thanks for creating this stream.  

• Like 1

Hi Gary - love your posts.

Unfortunately, according to a passenger currently on the ship, the captain announced a propulsion issue.  The book of face (if you get my drift) has his comments, including a video from the aft, showing the potential problem.

7 minutes ago, labehnen said:

Hi Gary - love your posts.

Unfortunately, according to a passenger currently on the ship, the captain announced a propulsion issue.  The book of face (if you get my drift) has his comments, including a video from the aft, showing the potential problem.

No issue, I just wanted a head up and now I have one.  Thank you.  I am an expert on this stuff after so many issue in the last two years.  We will see what happens.

Gary , was thinking of you when i read this. I think i was commenting on your solo post when I saw this but did not want to be the messenger , figured you woould see it.  maybe this will take care of that shaking of the aft Cabins and restaurant. fingers crossed for you .  

6 minutes ago, charlie murphy said:

Gary , was thinking of you when i read this. I think i was commenting on your solo post when I saw this but did not want to be the messenger , figured you woould see it.  maybe this will take care of that shaking of the aft Cabins and restaurant. fingers crossed for you .  

@charlie murphyNo real issue for me.  I am an expert at re-booking.  I have had lots of practice.  I want to say this correctly.  NCL has NOT made any comments on the Joy Sailing on March 19, 2022.  My Cruise Agent Staci S. was on the phone with NCL and they knew nothing of this matter.  

My gut tells me this is a simple issue that will be handled on Saturday when the ship comes to port.  If not, knowing what has happened in the past, NCL will be letting us know today before we all fly out tomorrow. 

Cruise well (Hopefully) everyone.  

• Like 1

We're on the 19th March Joy, and we fly out to Miami early tomorrow morning. I told the others about that, and we all agree that we're still going regardless. The ship is our destination so we'll have a good time even if they drop a port or two.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

@charlie murphyNo real issue for me.  I am an expert at re-booking.  I have had lots of practice.  I want to say this correctly.  NCL has NOT made any comments on the Joy Sailing on March 19, 2022.  My Cruise Agent Staci S. was on the phone with NCL and they knew nothing of this matter.  

My gut tells me this is a simple issue that will be handled on Saturday when the ship comes to port.  If not, knowing what has happened in the past, NCL will be letting us know today before we all fly out tomorrow. 

Cruise well (Hopefully) everyone.  

Great attitude, Gary.   I do hope  you get to cruise this weekend and I look forward to reading all about it.    

2 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

Great attitude, Gary.   I do hope  you get to cruise this weekend and I look forward to reading all about it.    

Thank you but my attitude is also bases on my flexibility. I am retired so choosing another week or ship is easy.  My heart goes out to folks that might not have that flexibility. AGAIN I say, my gut tells me this is a simply fix so we all don’t need to stress to much over it.  

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, charlie murphy said:

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MsMollyWolly said:

Just heard that Saturday’s cruise on the Joy may be canceled due to propulsion repair issues!  Sure hope NCL notififies us soon.

what happens to non- refundable plane tickets to/ from Miami in cancel our cruise is canceled?

What is your source for 'Just heard"?

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

Thank you but my attitude is also bases on my flexibility. I am retired so choosing another week or ship is easy.  My heart goes out to folks that might not have that flexibility. AGAIN I say, my gut tells me this is a simply fix so we all don’t need to stress to much over it.  

Hey Gary - what’s you gut on the Escape? Waiting to find out is killing me. 

51 minutes ago, MsMollyWolly said:

Just heard that Saturday’s cruise on the Joy may be canceled due to propulsion repair issues!  Sure hope NCL notififies us soon.

what happens to non- refundable plane tickets to/ from Miami in cancel our cruise is canceled?

Booked yourself?  Only trip insurance will refund your amount. If no insurance then is lost unless the airline is feeling very gracious and makes an exception.

1 hour ago, MsMollyWolly said:

,,,,what happens to non- refundable plane tickets to/ from Miami in cancel our cruise is canceled?

Most, if not all, airlines are allowing re-booking for no charge.  See if you can cancel and re-book for a later date.  Doesn't need to be to the same destination.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1