New 2022 Coral Princess Releases

18 minutes ago, Bizziecruzer said:

Princess is now operating under some Australian consumer law which makes them allow a 10 day cooling off period for cruise bookings. This prevents them from taking any money until 10 days post booking. Not sure if this applies to online bookings though. It's all in your emails you would have received at booking.

Maybe the ten days' cooling-off period only applies if Princess, or their planner, contacts the customer to solicit a booking. If the customer contacts Princess to book, I don't think it would apply.

4 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Maybe the ten days' cooling-off period only applies if Princess, or their planner, contacts the customer to solicit a booking. If the customer contacts Princess to book, I don't think it would apply.

No, we contacted Princess planner to book. No prior contact from planner. I know it all seems weird. Also the cruise is less than 90 days, so usually full payment would be required.

17 minutes ago, Bizziecruzer said:

Princess is now operating under some Australian consumer law which makes them allow a 10 day cooling off period for cruise bookings. This prevents them from taking any money until 10 days post booking. Not sure if this applies to online bookings though. It's all in your emails you would have received at booking.

Which is, in essence, monumental bureaucratic stupidity.

Firstly with bookings that are made well in advance you can cancel at any time up to six months prior without any penalty.

Secondly last minute bookings need to be paid in full immediately. A ten day cool off period may lose you your booking.

Are they going to start doing that with all travel bookings? Airfares? Resorts? Bus tours? The Ghan and Indian Pacific? Etc, etc, etc.

Then what? A ten day cooling off period if you buy a new washing machine, fridge, dishwasher, TV, let alone a new car. Yet they're lettng people buy groceries and petrol using pay later schemes.

Go figure!

1 minute ago, Bizziecruzer said:

No, we contacted Princess planner to book. No prior contact from planner. I know it all seems weird. Also the cruise is less than 90 days, so usually full payment would be required.

I rang my planner on the Monday after the booking was made, gave her my payment details, and the payment confirmation email arrived before I'd finished talking to her. 

I did notice the deposit dates were further out than usual, 8th April, but the final payment date for the June cruise was 28th March. Crazy!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bizziecruzer said:

I suspect someone has made a mistake and extended the cooling off period for unsolicited bookings to yours as well. It will be interesting to see what happens in the future.

16 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I did notice the deposit dates were further out than usual, 8th April, but the final payment date for the June cruise was 28th March. Crazy!

Exactly the same date for me. I booked with my planner but when I saw the same discrepancy with the dates I didn't want to risk losing anything. So within about 6 hours of making the booking I asked my planner for the Bpay number (to avoid c/card surcharges) and paid in full straight away.   

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

And at the same time P&O's early resumption itineraries required instant payment. They both operate out of the same offices. Weird!!

All Carnival Straya.

On 3/29/2022 at 1:11 PM, Murrumbeena said:

Has anyone else had trouble with the Medallion App I uploaded my husband passport no hassles the did mine It tells me my surname not valid have tried entering it manually same thing

You are having more success than me. It wont even recognise my booking. 

Thought I would try the chat feature today rather than hold on the phone. Yep, as useful as medallion. Has anyone used their online chat successfully?

3 hours ago, arxcards said:

You are having more success than me. It wont even recognise my booking. 

Thought I would try the chat feature today rather than hold on the phone. Yep, as useful as medallion. Has anyone used their online chat successfully?

Yes today. I was asking about shareholder benefits.  I have never had a problem using live chat.  

• Like 1

Time for Princess to chuck the Medallion thingy into ye olde Briny. About as useless as an ashtray on a motorbike from what I hear on CC from frustrated cruisers.  Don't you have to have an i phone with data for the medallion? Many senior Aussies do not have such a thing.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Time for Princess to chuck the Medallion thingy into ye olde Briny. About as useless as an ashtray on a motorbike from what I hear on CC from frustrated cruisers.  Don't you have to have an i phone with data for the medallion? Many senior Aussies do not have such a thing.

I don't think an iPhone is required, just a 'smart phone' like we use (or used to) for the QT codes.

You need a smart phone to use the app. Can be apple or android, but needs to be relatively recent to work with the app.  Most of the complaints are not about the medallion itself, but about how the app is not working properly.

If you don't have a smartphone, you can still use the medallion via your cabin TV or on screens around the ship. There's a useful long thread about what to do if you don't use a smartphone. Sorry I'm new here, so I don't know how to link to it.

2 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

I don't think an iPhone is required, just a 'smart phone' like we use (or used to) for the QT codes.

Sorry, that is what I meant, a smart phone, some of us don't have those.

1 minute ago, NSWP said:

Sorry, that is what I meant, a smart phone, some of us don't have those.

We had what I called a 'semi-smart phone' when it wouldn't work with the QT ap. We bought a newer model - still basic but it does work with aps, hate them as I do.

On 3/24/2022 at 8:51 AM, CDaze71 said:

SAME here. My CHP said he is in the Philippines, and the time difference to Brisbane is 2 hours back. So I hope he is an early riser. 5:51am right now.

Is you Cp called Rafael by any chance? If so, he is ours and BRILLIANT!

16 hours ago, kenexx said:

Yes today. I was asking about shareholder benefits.  I have never had a problem using live chat.  

Same here Maurice, I also asked for the email address via Chat  to send our request to(since it has been so long that we have had a cruise booked) 🙂

Just now, stki said:

Same here Maurice, I also asked for the email address via Chat  to send our request to(since it has been so long that we have had a cruise booked) 🙂

Can you share that email address?

22 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

Is you Cp called Rafael by any chance? If so, he is ours and BRILLIANT!

No it's BERT. Never used a Cruise Planner before, but wanted to get this booking sorted ASAP for the new winter sailings. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Can you share that email address?

benefits@princesscruises.com.au

I sent ours off yesterday, will see how long it takes for the OBC to be added

5 minutes ago, stki said:

benefits@princesscruises.com.au

I sent ours off yesterday, will see how long it takes for the OBC to be added

Thanks.

Do you know if we still need to do a separate one for each cruise if the cruises are only a couple of months apart, or can we just list both bookings on the one request?

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

2 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Thanks.

Do you know if we still need to do a separate one for each cruise if the cruises are only a couplevof months apart, or can we just list both bookings on the one request?

I listed both our booking numbers on the one email, but we are doing a B2B

We are doing a P & O cruise on the June Long weekend, and sent off to P & O  last week and received an email back within 2 days with the OBC added.(They have a different email address)

Edited by stki