Plan-a-holic had laughing gas- question about 18% drink gratuity

2 minutes ago, Florida Glamazon said:

Ok, so I had a root canal earlier today & now I am confused...

We've already paid for the deluxe beverage package for our cruise. When we order drinks are we going to incur another 18% charge, or is that covered in the $$$ we paid for the deluxe package?

No the 18% is part of what you paid

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Florida Glamazon said:

Ok, so I had a root canal earlier today & now I am confused...

We've already paid for the deluxe beverage package for our cruise. When we order drinks are we going to incur another 18% charge, or is that covered in the $$$ we paid for the deluxe package?

The gratuity has been included the $$$ you paid for the deluxe package. 

You are always welcome to throw and extra buck or two to a bartender or waiter. 

• Like 3

The 18% gratuity that you paid gets split around the ship's bar staff and you aren't asked to tip anything above that. If you have the drink package and would like to tip the bartender an extra dollar or two per round (we like doing this since they work hard and really take care of us) you can either give them cash or ask for the slip at the time you place your drink order. Just let them know that you'd like to add an extra tip. They normally don't print out the paper slip when you have the drink package. The system is set up so that they can swipe your card or enter your cabin number and you can walk away. Totally up to you, but we like to get to know the bartenders better and they usually reciprocate with little perks here or then when they can. Plus, many ships are still not at full capacity so the tip pools are much smaller than normal, and of course the Covid shutdown financially hurt these wonderful people and their families.

• 3 weeks later...