Celebrity cruise items off your packing list

mfs2k

We no longer bring our Kilt's and accessories.    With airline weight limits and kilts weighing in at about 20 pounds each they have been moved to the back of the closet.  We now just save them for Weddings and Funerals.

2 hours ago, bigbenboys said:

I dont bring wine, sports jacket, suit, dress shirts, dress pants, laptop, Zune, parents. Only 2 pairs of shoes and 1 pair of flipflops. 2 pair of gray dress jeans.

Zune...Zune.... I'm with ya.

Also have several booze 'concealers' that aren't needed with AI packages.

Edited by fliprcruiser

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

We no longer bring our Kilt's and accessories.    With airline weight limits and kilts weighing in at about 20 pounds each they have been moved to the back of the closet.  We now just save them for Weddings and Funerals.

I love your cover photo. Great picture of the two of you. Or your profile picture. Whatever it is called it is a great picture.

Laura

Edited by Laurab23
spelling
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Denny01 said:

I was kinda hoping you’d tell us that’s what you Didn’t bring…..oh well. 

I do not bring a Tux, suit, or a tie.

I do not bring any medications other than what I take daily (prescription, baby aspirin, multivitamin, and fish oil) 

I do not bring shaving cream (I use the bar of soap provided in the bathrooms)

I do not bring a whole lot of wireless adapters and external disk drives, I have standardized on Apple Products (iPhone, iPad, and I just purchased a new MacBook Air to replace my 2013 MacBook Pro)

Most importantly, we no longer bring an extra suitcase for souvenir purchases.  Instead we bring a soft sided, zippered bag that folds nicely into a small square and use it for clothing items to make room in our suitcases for things that are fragile (alcohol, ceramics, etc.)

I

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Laurab23 said:

I love your cover photo. Great picture of the two of you. Or your profile picture. Whatever it is called it is a great picture.

Laura

Thanks.   The two Luminae Managers posed us for that one.   We had a fun time shooting them with a couple photo bombs by the other staff.

• Like 3

I have to say that I scratched physical books from my list -  I read or now listen to audiobooks at a rate of 3-4 a week.   I have completely switched over to Audio and E-Books and no longer buy physical books.   

I use to pack a good supply of paperbacks before each cruise a would leave them for the library when finished. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

I am no longer allowed to purchase hard or soft cover books.  Before I can buy new books, I have been told that I have to make room by getting rid of existing books.

I’m the same. I can’t buy a ‘real’ book unless I make room so I go with ebooks and audibles and I’ve found Chirp to be an interesting low-cost audible site for escape. I’m trying audible books that go through my hearing aid. Lots of options now. 

Den

1 minute ago, Denny01 said:

I’m the same. I can’t buy a ‘real’ book unless I make room so I go with ebooks and audibles and I’ve found Chirp to be an interesting low-cost audible site for escape. I’m trying audible books that go through my hearing aid. Lots of options now. 

I do not know why but audio books have never appealed to me.  I find when I try listening to them it ends up just going in one ear and out the other with very little recollection.  It may come from having worked many years in a relatively noisy environment.   Like sitting here at my desk like I am now while my wife is watching TV.  It's just background noise as far as I am concerned. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

I am no longer allowed to purchase hard or soft cover books.  Before I can buy new books, I have been told that I have to make room by getting rid of existing books.

LOL ---  We recently did a full house de-clutter of every closet and drawer in the house.   Now the rules is if something new comes in something has to leave.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DaKahuna said:

I do not know why but audio books have never appealed to me.  I find when I try listening to them it ends up just going in one ear and out the other with very little recollection.  It may come from having worked many years in a relatively noisy environment.   Like sitting here at my desk like I am now while my wife is watching TV.  It's just background noise as far as I am concerned. 

I walk 3+ hours a day and it is a way that helps the time just slip by.    I'm a great fan of Murder Mysteries and Detective and Forensic series.  Lots of blood and guts.  

• Like 1

Just now, Jim_Iain said:

I walk 3+ hours a day and it is a way that helps the time just slip by.    I'm a great fan of Murder Mysteries and Detective and Forensic series.  Lots of blood and guts.  

I have not tried them while walking as I do not do as much of that as you, although I really should. 

My attempts to listen to audio books were made when I was commuting to/from work, while driving, and that may have been a large factor in my not being able to concentrate. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

Den

That's really neat to learn.    I wondered about if they had hearing aids that were blue tooth compatible.   I recently purchased a set of AirPod Pros and love them... .especially the noise cancellation.    They have a setting where I can use one side as an audio amplification by the squeeze of button if I'm in a noisy place. 

2 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

I have not tried them while walking as I do not do as much of that as you, although I really should. 

My attempts to listen to audio books were made when I was commuting to/from work, while driving, and that may have been a large factor in my not being able to concentrate. 

After retirement I found I was packing on the pounds just sitting around and watching TV and reading CC.   I got a  Fitbit and the step reminder got me moving.   Very addictive for sure and you can connect with a friend or family and taunt each other to get more steps.    I built up to 10 miles a day and do it daily even while on a cruise.  

We live in a very moderate climate  and our temperature rarely are above 80 (no humidity) and usually no lower than 45.  

I have two favorite Starbucks that are about 4.5-5 miles away and my coffee break is my half way mark. 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

I don’t do audible for books I think are ‘important’ or a great read. I want to be able to copy something or reread to remember or is important to me. Audible, for me, is light reading of mysteries or such. I did just finish “All About Me”, written by Mel Brooks about his life and read by him. So it was very neat to listen to Mel ‘talk’ about his life (and sing a few of his songs from his great movies/musicals).  It was like having a conversation with him…..of course one way!

So to stick with the ‘subject’, I bring ebooks, but also audible books….and nobody knows I’m listening because I won’t wear earplugs because of these great hearing aids. By the way, although I have two aids, I only have one real one because one is a transmitter and the other is a receiver. One of my ears hears Squat so the aid is basically a mike that sends the sounds over to the other ear. Which means I have minimal direction hearing and spend time twirling’ to see where the sound is coming from. Fun.

den

Edited by Denny01
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Did you like the Louise Penny books?  I have tried and enjoyed some of the ones from the list I tabulated from that thread when someone asked for book suggestions.