FAREWELL KAKALENA

lazey1

So sorry to hear this.  It’s not unexpected but still sad.  May she Rest in Peace, out of pain and with Virgil one more time and forever ♥️ 

You have been such a good friend to her Jane @lazey1.  There is a special place for angels like you ♥️ 

• Like 3

I am so sorry to learn of Trish's passing and condolences to her family.  I sailed with her twice, she was an amazing woman.  You lost a good friend, too, Jane.   Prayers for all.

Karen

• Like 2

In this time of sorrow, I would like to tell a brief story about one of our cruises with Trish. I call it, One Letter Can make a Difference.

On our 2nd South Pacific cruise with Kakalena in March 2010, on a sea day, HAL had a cooking contest in the theater. The passenger who prepared the best dish would have there dish placed on the menu in the MDR the next night for everyone to enjoy. The judges to the contest were the CD, Chef and HM. There was stiff competition but Kakalena wrong! Her awarding dish was Baked Mushrooms with Stuffed Crabmeat. So the next night we were all anticipating having the mushrooms for dinner. As I and my DW entered the MDR at about 5:45 PM we noticed unusual chatter and laughter occurring throughout the MDR. We sat down at our table and was handed the menu, looked at it, and also starting laughing. The prize dish that Kakalena had prepared the day before and was on this night’s menu read, and I quote,

”Baked Mushrooms with Stuffed Crapmeat”.

Though Kakalena was not happy about this, she came to laugh about it later as I presented her with the original menu for one of those great or unusual cruise memories. So one letter can make a difference, Kakalina or Kakalena, RIP

Edited by G&G
  • Like 3