Radiance of the Seas Deployment

1 hour ago, Hammer61 said:

This is a bit of a worry to be honest? Although I think NZ will be open as vaccination rates are very high, many islands in the South Pacific are not and with indigenous populations maybe a bit more vulnerable to the virus, some islands may still be closed especially if we have further variants emerge in the coming months, or at best it could see them open but only on a limited basis, that is ship booked and organised tours only.

Would imagine worst case scenario will be an expanded AUS/NZ schedule and stops or more cancelations and/or redeployment of ships.

You could possibly by right. Definitely not sure about the Islands. If more cancellations etc. I will just be cancelling all cruises and starting again.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, steveru621 said:

Royal Caribbean has announced that the South Pacific island of Vanuatu will be the home of its next private island destination: Perfect Day at Lelepa, Vanuatu. 

Was this some recent announcement? They mentioned that about three years ago. 

• Like 2

Just now, Biker19 said:

Was this some recent announcement? They mentioned that about three years ago. 

I just noticed it a few days ago when I was concerned about South Pacific closing ports to large ships.  One article said 2023?

3 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Funny!    ....You are Joking right?

Edited by ONECRUISER

17 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Well look at the photo,maybe we have to wear those suites so we don’t infect the locals.

LOOK THE PHOTO 

image.thumb.jpeg.eafdef0504a05376cd2e667bc9dcf965.jpeg

Yeah, no problem. Was just making sure you knew it wasn't real... Actually worked Homeland Security and trained in the Full Blown Hazmat Suits. Guess that's one way keep Safe! No Covid, no STD's!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

There’s a story in our local cruise media today that Lelepa will be open with in a couple of years.

But i'm an Aussie and prefer water slides to scuba diving and laying on a beach all day on a cruise (why spend all that money when i'm surrounded by beaches and can do that for free whenever I want?) Why can't we have water slides too?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, colourbird said:

But i'm an Aussie and prefer water slides to scuba diving and laying on a beach all day on a cruise (why spend all that money when i'm surrounded by beaches and can do that for free whenever I want?) Why can't we have water slides too?

There’s supposed to be waterslides aNd the longest flying fox (zip line ) in the Southern Hemisphere.

• Like 1

On 3/21/2022 at 9:25 PM, Jimbo said:

18 nighter looks promising. So far away though......the plane ride would drive me nuts.

That's the one we grabbed - our 2021 & 2022 was cancelled due covid and now our 2023 cancelled due RCL.  We'll try the 18nite in 2024 (+ maybe the 16 nite before) and if that's cancelled, will just have to plan and land visit down under,,,,,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mitz18 said:

That's the one we grabbed - our 2021 & 2022 was cancelled due covid and now our 2023 cancelled due RCL.  We'll try the 18nite in 2024 (+ maybe the 16 nite before) and if that's cancelled, will just have to plan and land visit down under,,,,,

I'm on the phone [on hold]  getting our L&S done now.  We  decided to wait until 2024.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, steveru621 said:

I'm on the phone [on hold]  getting our L&S done now.  We  decided to wait until 2024.

Seems availability is still good, but fares are a bit high.  Will have to keep an eye on them as time goes on.  Now debating if I leave the booking with RCL or move it to my TA who still has not returned my call LOL.

5 hours ago, mitz18 said:

Seems availability is still good, but fares are a bit high.  Will have to keep an eye on them as time goes on.  Now debating if I leave the booking with RCL or move it to my TA who still has not returned my call LOL.

They price protected for the same cabin category in 2024.  As it turned out some were higher one was lower, but it was about a wash.  There is a deadline of April 5th.

They did L&S our OBC from Next Cruise and gave us an OBC bonus listed in the email.

Still would have preferred Radiance in 2023, but this is the best of a bad situation of RCI's doing.

• Like 3