Radiance of the Seas Deployment

I just got off the phone to my agent.

There is no replacement ship for Radiance and Royal is going to only have Ovation in Sydney and Quantum in Brisbane.

A official statement was released about a hour ago on a agents web meeting.

Royal is hopping to move everyone to 23-24 with some incentives.

Royal said at the moment they have the capacity to move all of radiance bookings to Ovation and Quantum for the 22-23 season.

So there’s plenty of room on the other ships.

• Thanks 3

One of ours is a Xmas cruise and cannot go back to Ovation (which is what we originally booked) and was lifted and shifted to Radiance.

Also cannot see a Xmas cruise on Quantum, on the phone to Royal, but I think it will be a long wait.

This is so demoralizing.  These cancellations (and we’ve had more than 1 since cruising resumed) due to deployment decisions not travel restrictions are very frustrating.  

We had b2b2s booked with bucket list Great Barrier Reef as well as NZ and Tasmania.  There are no comparable sailings from Sydney that would work with our existing Ovation booking.

So I was just able to change. We originally had a grand suite on Radiance but our TA was able to get a junior suite on Ovation. It has been price protected so they are only charging us for what we would have been paying for a junior suite while the Ovation junior suites are almost $3000 dearer when I just checked. They have also transferred across a US$100 credit from the previous one that was cancelled plus we had booked this one when there was a US$600 credit promotion on plus they are giving us another US$200, plus the double points promotion that they are honouring. I'm happy.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, ShazM said:

So I was just able to change. We originally had a grand suite on Radiance but our TA was able to get a junior suite on Ovation. It has been price protected so they are only charging us for what we would have been paying for a junior suite while the Ovation junior suites are almost $3000 dearer when I just checked. They have also transferred across a US$100 credit from the previous one that was cancelled plus we had booked this one when there was a US$600 credit promotion on plus they are giving us another US$200, plus the double points promotion that they are honouring. I'm happy.

We are trying for a sky loft on Ovation.

Is the suite lounge included in a sky loft?

13 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

We are trying for a sky loft on Ovation.

Is the suite lounge included in a sky loft?

Yes. We will wait and hopefully a grand or owners suite will come up but not holding my breath

43 minutes ago, ShazM said:

What sailing date did you get where no GS was available? how did they  figure out  what was the price protection price for the JS you got if it is no longer listed?

19 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

What sailing date did you get where no GS was available? how did they  figure out  what was the price protection price for the JS you got if it is no longer listed?

Originally booked a GS on Radiance transpacific on 4 October. Ovation leaves on 9 October but has no grand suites available so we booked a junior and hopefully one might become available. They have charged us for the Ovation JS what we would have paid on Radiance so it is a far bit cheaper than what they are currently charging for an Ovation JS for the transpacific, when I last looked it was around $17,000 AUD for a JS for 2 people, so we are getting it over $3000 cheaper.

I had a GS  booked for Nov 22, 10 nights. I was able to swap for a GS Nov 26, 11 nights, and the price was quite a bit less, not sure why but I’ll take it.

I also got $A600 in OBC which I didn’t have before.

So it was a good outcome for me, but I feel for those not so fortunate in the available choices.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, fairywren said:

I had a GS  booked for Nov 22, 10 nights. I was able to swap for a GS Nov 26, 11 nights, and the price was quite a bit less, not sure why but I’ll take it.

I also got $A600 in OBC which I didn’t have before.

So it was a good outcome for me, but I feel for those not so fortunate in the available choices.

Me too, a lot of people who were booked on Christmas cruises can't change to the Ovation one but all the rest are open I believe.

Well no joy for us! We had B2B’s which involved Xmas cruises. No luck in changing! Will wait till tomorrow and see what the new cruises are, but will probably book Quantum out of Brisbane for Xmas! 2 1/2 hours on the phone too!

• Like 1

I just looked. Our Radiance cruise for Sept 23 2022 - Oct 4th is still in my future cruises and based on the message it starts October 4th, the day Radiance is due in Honolulu.

Ovation is going September 30th but it’s only stop in the islands is Maui and Honolulu. Stops in Seattle????

so, I guess we wait and see but I won’t be booking Ovation based on lack of island time plus it’s a 9 day cruise and Radiance is 11 days.  If this happens it will be the 4th Hawaii cruise they have cancelled for me.  2 in 2020, did a lift and shift, then they cancelled that - 2021 Hawaii cancelled, did a rebook to the radiance for 2022, now looks like maybe cancelled again.  NOT GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE.

5 minutes ago, britty1 said:

I just looked. Our Radiance cruise for Sept 23 2022 - Oct 4th is still in my future cruises and based on the message it starts October 4th, the day Radiance is due in Honolulu.

Ovation is going September 30th but it’s only stop in the islands is Maui and Honolulu. Stops in Seattle????

so, I guess we wait and see but I won’t be booking Ovation based on lack of island time plus it’s a 9 day cruise and Radiance is 11 days.  If this happens it will be the 4th Hawaii cruise they have cancelled for me.  2 in 2020, did a lift and shift, then they cancelled that - 2021 Hawaii cancelled, did a rebook to the radiance for 2022, now looks like maybe cancelled again.  NOT GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Ovation won’t be doing a trans pacific with passengers and won’t be stopping in Hawaii.

Thanks for posting this, just woke up in the UK and read it. We were supposed to be on a 10 night and 11 night b2b in Nov. Nothing from TA at the moment but will be calling as soon as they open, in the mean time will have a look at the Ovation itineraries to see if there is anything suitable. Don't really fancy cancelling yet again.

Just had a look at Ovation and Quantum, doesn't seem like there is much to move to that works as a b2b. Is there anywhere that shows the 23/24 itineraries before they are officially released tomorrow?

I get the feeling that we are destined never to make it to Australia!

7 minutes ago, kernow said:

Just had a look at Ovation and Quantum, doesn't seem like there is much to move to that works as a b2b. Is there anywhere that shows the 23/24 itineraries before they are officially released tomorrow?

I get the feeling that we are destined never to make it to Australia!

Personally I would leave it to next year.

A lot of the cruises go to the pacific islands and some have only got 3% of their population vaccinated. And I can’t see a cruise ship going to places like that.

Even our states are open then closed,open,closed.

It might be alright for us to take the gamble but you have to travel half way around the world.

Move to next year.

• Like 1