Radiance of the Seas Deployment

Been on the phone with our UK ta, they have not been told anything, in fact I'm not sure she completely believed me! She said she will contact me when they are told. Going to wait until tomorrow to see the 2023 itineraries and then decide what to do. We got a great price for these cruises so will be gutted if there is nothing to lift and shift to, already sorry to be losing the double points.

1 hour ago, kernow said:

Been on the phone with our UK ta, they have not been told anything, in fact I'm not sure she completely believed me! She said she will contact me when they are told. Going to wait until tomorrow to see the 2023 itineraries and then decide what to do. We got a great price for these cruises so will be gutted if there is nothing to lift and shift to, already sorry to be losing the double points.

My Northern Ireland TA has been told nothing either! I had to send them screenshots of what has been posted by others. 😪

9 minutes ago, island lady said:

I am (was) booked on Radiance March 23 staying on to Honolulu until end of April.   Still have not received the cancellation notice.  😠

tic tic tic tic.................ship is  in the gulf....not pacific. Readjust your schedule, you can do another leg of the world tour now.

Edited by Jimbo

13 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

I just got off the phone to my agent.

There is no replacement ship for Radiance and Royal is going to only have Ovation in Sydney and Quantum in Brisbane.

A official statement was released about a hour ago on a agents web meeting.

Royal is hopping to move everyone to 23-24 with some incentives.

Royal said at the moment they have the capacity to move all of radiance bookings to Ovation and Quantum for the 22-23 season.

So there’s plenty of room on the other ships.

Alas, neither Ovation nor Quantum have the comparable accessible accommodations we want/have now.

Guess the 3rd time was NOT the charm for us......

Today's Royal Caribbean Blog features a newly published schedule of Radiance's cruises.  It looks like our April 2023 Honolulu to Vancouver cruise will be canceled.  There are new Panama Canal cruises.

Edited by PNW Traveler

I called the deployment desk this morning relative to this and the agent hadn’t even heard of the cancellation yet. I explained I saw it on a notice sent out in Australia and she had to put me on hold to find out about it and see the particulars.  

I called because we’re booked in a GS and there was only one available in any of the eligible options for my sailing. She put it on hold for me while she was getting the information.  

I was ultimately able to get the GS on Quantum along with the $200 obc plus another $50 that’s part of the current offer. 

So instead of a 12 night South Pacific and Fiji cruise we’re now on a 13 night New Zealand cruise. 

Feeling much better now. 

Still haven’t gotten my notice as of 2:45 pm. 

Edited by HicksRA
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

I called the deployment desk this morning relative to this and the agent hadn’t even heard of the cancellation yet. I explained I saw it on a notice sent out in Australia and she had to put me on hold to find out about it and see the particulars.  

I called because we’re booked in a GS and there was only one available in any of the eligible options for my sailing. She put it on hold for me while she was getting the information.  

I was ultimately able to get the GS on Quantum along with the $200 obc plus another $50 that’s part of the current offer. 

So instead of a 12 night South Pacific and Fiji cruise we’re now on a 13 night New Zealand cruise. 

Feeling much better now. 

Very smart not waiting until you get the notice. It's great you got your GS and the extra day even though the itinerary is different. Good it was price protected too..............Nice to see some of the cancellations they do moving forward might be like Lift and Shift again

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

Feeling much better now. 

NZ cruises has a good chance of happening.

I can’t understand why they are advertising the pacific islands. Some have less than 3% of the population vaccinated.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

NZ cruises has a good chance of happening.

I can’t understand why they are advertising the pacific islands. Some have less than 3% of the population vaccinated.

This is my concern, The Pacific Islands…..if I book and pay for a Xmas Cruise (cannot use Radiance Xmas cruise as it is too long). What are the chances of us getting to Mystery Island, not once,  but twice if we do a B2B? Not a lot, I think!

47 minutes ago, resordanis said:

This is my concern, The Pacific Islands…..if I book and pay for a Xmas Cruise (cannot use Radiance Xmas cruise as it is too long). What are the chances of us getting to Mystery Island, not once,  but twice if we do a B2B? Not a lot, I think!

Easier for Royal to put their ships sailing from the US rather then deal with all the issues in that area. Look for more ships to port from the US.

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Easier for Royal to put their ships sailing from the US rather then deal with all the issues in that area. Look for more ships to port from the US.

Fabulous, Caribbean cruises 365 days of the year with the odd trip to Hawaii.  See the world!!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, resordanis said:

Ships won’t go to the islands ,if it got onto the ship it would be ban from Australia 

489BB4B7-182E-4984-8563-C4CCA91EC69C.thumb.jpeg.a75c3b9cfe414fc95a76d8458449eaab.jpegB387DEA2-879E-4805-AC5C-615B2FFF8FF3.thumb.jpeg.affdb192d59423a528b2650a19df9a39.jpeg9B6C58F8-EBD0-4ED3-BAE5-334B4B551F10.thumb.jpeg.3ee720efc77194922517f1f56db0576f.jpeg

Edited by Chiliburn

1 hour ago, resordanis said:

The Radiance cruise was too long?  Almost all of the Ovation cruises are different number of nights.

So what you are saying RCI will just be able to deny your lift and shift?

20 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

I just got off the phone to my agent.

There is no replacement ship for Radiance and Royal is going to only have Ovation in Sydney and Quantum in Brisbane.

A official statement was released about a hour ago on a agents web meeting.

Royal is hopping to move everyone to 23-24 with some incentives.

Royal said at the moment they have the capacity to move all of radiance bookings to Ovation and Quantum for the 22-23 season.

So there’s plenty of room on the other ships.

There may be cabins for the 22-23, as long as you are willing to downgrade your expectations.  I've tried to match up cruises and cabin classes.  No go.

There is a huge difference settling for a JS when you have a GS booked.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, steveru621 said:

There may be cabins for the 22-23, as long as you are willing to downgrade your expectations.  I've tried to match up cruises and cabin classes.  No go.

There is a huge difference settling for a JS when you have a GS booked.

That’s why I jumped on it first thing this morning. Only one GS available and I wouldn’t settle for a JS. I wasn’t crazy about having to push this cruise up another year after two lifts already so I probably would have just cancelled. 

• Like 1

Well, I’m done. Another 90 minutes on the phone. Definitely no Xmas cruise again unfortunately but two cruises booked…not happy but

under the circumstances it will be ok.  A Xmas cruise will happen one day! Hopefully  everyone else can sort their cruises out shortly!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, resordanis said:

Well, I’m done. Another 90 minutes on the phone. Definitely no Xmas cruise again unfortunately but two cruises booked…not happy but

under the circumstances it will be ok.  A Xmas cruise will happen one day! Hopefully  everyone else can sort their cruises out shortly!

I’m just totally amazed that there’s no reports on the media.

Is just the 23-24 season nothing about pulling radiance out of Australia.

No response to my emails to RCL and my agent.My Cruise planner is still up and normal.

Im starting think I dreamt it.

• Like 1