Very disappointed in the Seashore's Pizza

ready2cruzagain

We were on the Seashore for 2 weeks ending on 3/12.  We were super disappointed in the pizza.  In the past we have enjoyed the pizza on the Divina and the Seaside but the Seashore did not have the great pizza like the other ships. On the Divina and Seashore they had all different types of pizza and would make specialty pizzas if you asked.

The Seashore only had 3 types of pizza available, Marguerita, Salami and a pizza with a white sauce, all three were on a wafer thin pizza crust.  

I asked several times if they could fix a different type of pizza and was told no.  They stated that they only fixed those three types of pizza.  

So, if you are going on the Seashore hoping to get some of their great pizza, forget about it! 

Edited by ready2cruzagain

2 hours ago, ready2cruzagain said:

We were on the Seashore for 2 weeks ending on 3/12.  We were super disappointed in the pizza.  In the past we have enjoyed the pizza on the Divina and the Seaside but the Seashore did not have the great pizza like the other ships. On the Divina and Seashore they had all different types of pizza and would make specialty pizzas if you asked.

The Seashore only had 3 types of pizza available, Marguerita, Salami and a pizza with a white sauce, all three were on a wafer thin pizza crust.  

I asked several times if they could fix a different type of pizza and was told no.  They stated that they only fixed those three types of pizza.  

So, if you are going on the Seashore hoping to get some of their great pizza, forget about it! 

I agree!  I posted the same thing in my review of a few months ago. The pizza crust is just way too thin. I too have been on the Divina and Seaside and loved the pizza there (MDR).   As I said in that post, Carnival now has my favorite pizza @ sea (at least compared to Seashore).   

(I don’t recall the limited variety on Seashore but I only went twice so would probably to have noticed.)

Edited by TrinaLC

I don't know what has happened to MSC's pizza. I always thought theirs was amongst the best at sea. This time, on the Meraviglia, they were like wafers with almost no evidence of a sauce and VERY little cheese. Sort of like eating the thin breadsticks. They had only a few varieties and some were just gross. One was an onion pizza that was pure onion with no cheese.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TrinaLC said:

I agree!  I posted the same thing in my review of a few months ago. The pizza crust is just way too thin. I too have been on the Divina and Seaside and loved the pizza there (MDR).   As I said in that post, Carnival now has my favorite pizza @ sea (at least compared to Seashore).   

(I don’t recall the limited variety on Seashore but I only went twice so would probably to have noticed.)

For you all who not familiar with how pizza is made in Naples, Italy, (and the standard that MSC uses) the crust is very thin - thin enough to be able to fold the slice and eat by holding in your hand.

1 hour ago, Homosassa said:

For you all who not familiar with how pizza is made in Naples, Italy, (and the standard that MSC uses) the crust is very thin - thin enough to be able to fold the slice and eat by holding in your hand.

I don't have a problem with it being thin really, I just folded it over. My problem is there were only 3 types available the whole 2 weeks.  They no longer make different types of pizza, just the 3  I stated.  It is sad considering how much better their pizza use to be.

1 hour ago, the wandering two said:

Just off Meraviglia too, though the pizza was fine, didn't go out of my way to have that much, better things available elsewhere.

As Homosassa has said super thin, minimal toppings, just as it should be.

As we all know. Food is very subjective. You like it thin and minimal toppings. I like it thick and lots of toppings. 

That is the biggest money maker in any restaurant.

2 hours ago, Homosassa said:

I've been in Naples and Italy numerous times. This isn't the same quality MSC made just two years ago.

50 minutes ago, Oxo said:

As we all know. Food is very subjective. You like it thin and minimal toppings. I like it thick and lots of toppings. 

That is the biggest money maker in any restaurant.

It doesn't matter what you like.

MSC follows the standards of the Associazione Verace Pizza Napoletana and maintains that high standard. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Homosassa said:

MSC follows the standards of the Associazione Verace Pizza Napoletana and maintains that high standard. 

MSC"s standards compared to 2 years ago has fallen when it comes to their pizza.  Trust me.

1 hour ago, Homosassa said:

OMG! Thank you for being your self. Maybe you should follow and maintain so high standard of being nice and not naughty.

LOL

9 hours ago, TrinaLC said:

I second that, as to them being too thin.   They just seemed quite not up to par on the Divina and maybe even the Miraviglia from what I remembered on the seaside two times before covid happened.  I wonder if they're making them thin to cook them fast or they are non-native bakers.  I wished I would have tried the pizza in the pizza restaurant on the Divina to compare.   Somebody said they ate there their a number of times on a cruise and it was very good.

Just now, CampNCruise74 said:

I second that, as to them being too thin.   They just seemed quite not up to par on the Divina and maybe even the Miraviglia from what I remembered on the seaside two times before covid happened.  I wonder if they're making them thin to cook them fast or they are non-native bakers.  I wished I would have tried the pizza in the pizza restaurant on the Divina to compare.   Somebody said they ate there their a number of times on a cruise and it was very good.

We had the pizza in the restaurant on the Divina and OH MY! it was awesome! Best pizza I have ever had.  DH likes Carnival pizza the best but not me.  

2 hours ago, Oxo said:

OMG! Thank you for being your self. Maybe you should follow and maintain so high standard of being nice and not naughty.

LOL

As the saying goes "Well behaved women seldom make history."

And I have made history....😁

11 hours ago, Markanddonna said:

I've been in Naples and Italy numerous times. This isn't the same quality MSC made just two years ago.

On Virtuosa a few weeks before it was great as always. Not happy to hear about these changes on Seashore.