Windjammer back to self-service

10 hours ago, SG65CB said:

My biggest Windjammer pet peeve, a hundred different people handle the serving spoons and tongs, then someone puts the serving utensil down on top of the food in the serving tray, the handle resting on the food. 

After licking fingers. And kids touch everything. 

• Like 3

Onboard Explorer right now out of San Juan and still staff served in the WJ.....Not enough staff and the WJ is a mad house. Very disappointed with this cruise and hoping next week gets better but I doubt it considering it caters to large groups of locals. 2800 people onboard and it feels like 4k.

• Thanks 1

@Ashland I’m glad to hear you’re on your cruise.  You and were both stressed about the timing of our emed tests.  Our cruises started the same day.

We are also B2B. Now I just have to worry about the B2B Covid test.  The next sailing is the reason we’re cruising now.  We are part of a large group and we like to do B2Bs.

I’m sorry to hear WJ is a mad house on your ship.  WJ is self serve on Oasis this sailing and I wish it wasn’t.

20 hours ago, DukeASUGirl said:

THIS! Coming here to say this.

My daughter and I both have multiple life-threatening food allergies, and although we have to ask about ingredients and preparation of everything we eat, it's nice to know that there won't be cross-contamination from utensils. Customers are gross, and have a bad habit of using the spoon from the dish next to it to serve their food, which can prove extremely dangerous.

Customers are gross? Since you are a customer, that would make you gross? Oh, I guess you mean all the OTHER customers. Thanks for that distinction...

4 hours ago, D4 said:

@Ashland I’m glad to hear you’re on your cruise.  You and were both stressed about the timing of our emed tests.  Our cruises started the same day.

We are also B2B. Now I just have to worry about the B2B Covid test.  The next sailing is the reason we’re cruising now.  We are part of a large group and we like to do B2Bs.

I’m sorry to hear WJ is a mad house on your ship.  WJ is self serve on Oasis this sailing and I wish it wasn’t.

Yes...We made it...decided to stay up and did our eMed test just after midnight. Other than the lack of sleep, we managed. I'm assuming the test will be no big deal and done the day before cruise end day.

Hope you're enjoying you cruise. We're less than impressed with old tired Navigator. Now looking forward to Harmony end of April with our extended family.

• Like 1

On 3/21/2022 at 2:46 PM, DukeASUGirl said:

THIS! Coming here to say this.

My daughter and I both have multiple life-threatening food allergies, and although we have to ask about ingredients and preparation of everything we eat, it's nice to know that there won't be cross-contamination from utensils. Customers are gross, and have a bad habit of using the spoon from the dish next to it to serve their food, which can prove extremely dangerous.

Totally understand your concern. People who don't understand allergies are very casual about food utensils. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, D4 said:

@Ashland I was just thinking of you because I just signed us up for our B2B Covid tests … 8:20am Saturday

Our B2B onboard covid test is also Saturday....People at GS complaining about the registration online process problems...GS services said to just show up with passport & vaccination card during the testing hours 7:30-8:30am .... will test and then be sent results by email. Nothing is working easy on this old tired ship...very sad !!!!

Big change on Oasis today 3/23/2022!

I reported earlier in this thread that our Oasis sailing which started Sunday 3/20/2022 was self serve in the Windjammer.

I am happy to report that starting with breakfast this morning 3/23/2022, the crew is serving the food in WJ.  

I asked a head waiter in WJ this afternoon about the change.  He said the self serve was an experiment.  It only lasted 3 days.  And yes, the reason they abandoned the experiment is because too many guests do unsanitary things serving themselves.

He doesn’t know if or when it will change again, but said he hopes it stays like this with the crew serving the food.

I’m B2B on Oasis sailing, so I’ll see what happens next week.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2