Celebrity Air didn't put in request to airline to issue my ticket so i can't select my seat!

fstuff1

5 hours ago, LGW59 said:

I’ve always been able to preselect my seats, either domestic or international 

I have always been able to do the same, but since Covid, I have been unable to book Biz class through United with Celebrity...never had that issue before this year.  Also, I booked premier, only to have my seats taken away and given to someone else due to a plane change.  So far, I have called three times to correct this, but was told each time that the seat map is not working; however, you will get those seats. I have short legs and need a seat in front of me and on the aisle. Thank goodness one of my cruises is a TA.  I know...first world problems for sure.  I will just be happy to get on the plane and make it to FCC.

2 hours ago, Gia2cats said:

Our TA booked our return flight through Celebrity with American. Was told we cannot choose seats until final payment is made in April. We are First Class/Business.

Same.  Can find the flights on AA.  If I try to seat select it tells me I need to book the trip.  

However, I was able to select seats on the outbound flights with United.

46 minutes ago, yogini06 said:

Same.  Can find the flights on AA.  If I try to seat select it tells me I need to book the trip.  

Call Celebrity Choice Air department and they should be able to assign seats

for you on AA, even if it’s not ticketed yet. 

11 minutes ago, Cruise Gopher said:

Call Celebrity Choice Air department and they should be able to assign seats

for you on AA, even if it’s not ticketed yet. 

I did a dummy booking for my flight and looks like business class has plenty of seats.  I make final payment this week.

Edited by yogini06
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, yogini06 said:

However, I was able to select seats on the outbound flights with United.

I assume you found your reservation on AA.com?  (you enter your record locator and other requested information).  When you call up your reservation on AA.com can you edit the reservation to add you Frequent Flyer numbers to the reservation.  
I have always been able to select seats on AA.com when using Celebrity Air, but I know some people report that they cannot.  I and others are able to select seats.  Do you have a FF account on AA?

26 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

I assume you found your reservation on AA.com?  (you enter your record locator and other requested information).  When you call up your reservation on AA.com can you edit the reservation to add you Frequent Flyer numbers to the reservation.  
I have always been able to select seats on AA.com when using Celebrity Air, but I know some people report that they cannot.  I and others are able to select seats.  Do you have a FF account on AA?

Yes I have an American Advantage account.  The trip shows up in the AA app.  I have to use the booking number to access it on their website.  Both tell me I need to book the trip and won't allow me to select seats.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, yogini06 said:

Yes I have an American Advantage account.  The trip shows up in the AA app.  I have to use the booking number to access it on their website.  Both tell me I need to book the trip and won't allow me to select seats.

We have the same issue with our return flight on AA for our upcoming June cruise.  No problem accessing our flight on United though. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, yogini06 said:

5 hours ago, CyberTag said:

We have the same issue with our return flight on AA for our upcoming June cruise.  No problem accessing our flight on United though. 

When you call up this reservation do you have a place under the flight information?  (Before you try and pick seats.

Mine says Passenger information at the bottom.  You can edit each passengers  information.  You might want to see if your FF number and your other information is on your reservation for each passenger.  

Whenever I make a reservation directly with the airline, I am able to select seats before I pay for the flight and even just put it on hold.

Good luck

• Thanks 1

I haven't read all entries in this thread.  However, re the airline reservations--one HAS to have the record locater/confirmation number for the reservation on the airline on which the reservation is issued--each airline on your itinerary.  Call Celebrity or the first airline outbound and get the record locater for each actual airline flying the plane, not the code share name of the flight/airline.  So, if you fly, let's say Delta then connect to British Airways, just for example, call Delta to ask them what the BA confirmation number is.  I mean connecting flights as issued in the reservation.  I have never been able to get anywhere using the cruise line confirmation number; must have the actual airline record locaters.  And with BA several years ago, we were able to get seats in advance as I recall by using that record locater and purchasing a seat with more room, or exit row, more than 24 hours in advance.  Things may have changed of course!

I love BA.

BA merge with Iberia Air line.

I usually get very reasonable price from Iberia.

My last booking with Iberia only cost me $167 plus 62500 points from Madrid to US in business class one way.

If you have Chase Sapphire credit card you can transfer points to Avios yearly

Edited by verizon

I  booked with Celebrity Air - Vancouver to Miami.  The return flights on United airlines, the seats were bookable right away.  The flights to Miami on Air Canada took a few weeks to be able to book, but I booked them last week finally.  

17 hours ago, jagoffee said:

When you call up this reservation do you have a place under the flight information?  (Before you try and pick seats.

Mine says Passenger information at the bottom.  You can edit each passengers  information.  You might want to see if your FF number and your other information is on your reservation for each passenger.  

Whenever I make a reservation directly with the airline, I am able to select seats before I pay for the flight and even just put it on hold.

Good luck

Tried to add our FF and global entry info and it doesn’t allow us to do so since our tickets have not been issued yet.  

42 minutes ago, CyberTag said:

Tried to add our FF and global entry info and it doesn’t allow us to do so since our tickets have not been issued yet.  

Using your AA locator, you are able to see your flight info?  You can also see the passengers names under the flight info?  When you hit the edit/add information under one of the passengers, you 

get a message that says “you cannot edit your passengers information because your flight has not yet been ticketed”

I am sorry that I was not able to help you.  This is an AA flight and not a codeshare with a different airline, correct?

The mystery of why many people can pick seats on line with AA using Celebrity Air and why some people (and not just a few) will remain.  In my case, I have AA status, so that might be a factor for me.  I never have an issue selecting seats on a flight operated by AA.  In fact, I pick seats even before I place a reservation on hold without paying for the flight or ticketing it.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jagoffee said:

Using your AA locator, you are able to see your flight info?  You can also see the passengers names under the flight info?  When you hit the edit/add information under one of the passengers, you 

get a message that says “you cannot edit your passengers information because your flight has not yet been ticketed”

I am sorry that I was not able to help you.  This is an AA flight and not a codeshare with a different airline, correct?

The mystery of why many people can pick seats on line with AA using Celebrity Air and why some people (and not just a few) will remain.  In my case, I have AA status, so that might be a factor for me.  I never have an issue selecting seats on a flight operated by AA.  In fact, I pick seats even before I place a reservation on hold without paying for the flight or ticketing it.  

Yes to all of the above. We see flight info and passengers names.  Can’t add our info yet.  Luckily, Flights by Celebrity helped us with our seats. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/21/2022 at 1:53 AM, jagoffee said:

Good luck

It won't let me edit passenger information to add my AA account.  I made final payment today.  I'll give Celebrity a couple of days to ticket the flight.  If I still cannot add the account number, we'll contact American Airlines gold line directly

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/22/2022 at 4:35 PM, yogini06 said:

It won't let me edit passenger information to add my AA account.  I made final payment today.  I'll give Celebrity a couple of days to ticket the flight.  If I still cannot add the account number, we'll contact American Airlines gold line directly

I made final payment a couple of weeks ago.  Called my TA about seat assignments and FBC picked seats for us but still hasn't ticketed this flight.  AA still shows a message I need to book my trip.  Ugh!

1 hour ago, yogini06 said:

I made final payment a couple of weeks ago.  Called my TA about seat assignments and FBC picked seats for us but still hasn't ticketed this flight.  AA still shows a message I need to book my trip.  Ugh!

Many of us (but not all of us) have been able to select seats on AA.com way before the flight was ticketed.  You might want to try and make sure your FF number is in your reservation.  I have not idea why it works for some people and not for some others.

Celebrity Air does not show any business class flights to Rome for me, so I had to book coach; I was able to pay and move to extra leg room, but then my seats were gone after a plane change.  I am with United and have never had this happen before using Celebrity Air/United.  I also am able to book with AA, along with my seats, but cannot change those through my app.  I feel your frustration! 

Good Luck!  Contacting the airlines results in a long wait, at least for me.

Edited by Lastdance

On 3/20/2022 at 5:36 PM, Gia2cats said:

Our TA booked our return flight through Celebrity with American. Was told we cannot choose seats until final payment is made in April. We are First Class/Business.

We have always been able to book seats with American through Flights by Celebrity as long as they are First/Business Class, even before it's ticketed.  We can't change them without going through FBC, but they show up on American's website on through our AA Advantage numbers.  Once we pay and they are officially ticketed, we can change them all we want, just as if we booked directly through American.

2 hours ago, Lastdance said:

Celebrity Air does not show any business class flights to Rome for me, so I had to book coach; I was able to pay and move to extra leg room, but then my seats were gone after a plane change.  I am with United and have never had this happen before using Celebrity Air/United.  I also am able to book with AA, along with my seats, but cannot change those through my app.  I feel your frustration! 

Good Luck!  Contacting the airlines results in a long wait, at least for me.

You’ll probably have to pay again for the extra leg room seats.  United says what you paid for the first seats will be refunded in 1-2 billing cycles,  if they changed the flight, but they’re not real good about doing it.  Keep documentation and call if it doesn’t happen.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Mark_K said:

You’ll probably have to pay again for the extra leg room seats.  United says what you paid for the first seats will be refunded in 1-2 billing cycles,  if they changed the flight, but they’re not real good about doing it.  Keep documentation and call if it doesn’t happen.

I will hold out hope that we can go business after we pay for the entire trip/cruise.  Thanks for the tip; yes I will stay on them too.

6 hours ago, Beachlover1989 said:

We have always been able to book seats with American through Flights by Celebrity as long as they are First/Business Class, even before it's ticketed.  We can't change them without going through FBC, but they show up on American's website on through our AA Advantage numbers.  Once we pay and they are officially ticketed, we can change them all we want, just as if we booked directly through American.

Yes they chose seats for us.  We made full payment two weeks ago so not sure why we are not ticketed yet.  Would like to change seats on one flight and add our American Advantage account numbers.

We've flown BA 4 times and each time they have changed planes and separated us or moved us to terrible seats AFTER we had selected our seats (and twice we had paid to do so.)  They also have had difficulty with getting the correct miles credited to my husband's account (but mine and mother's were fine.)  Unless we get amazing fares with BA, we are finished with them.

Last time, we spent a bit extra to fly Virgin and it was well worth it!