Suite question

smeck

For the first time we booked a two bedroom Grand Suite on the Indy.  We’re at a week out from our cruise and I was told you get a letter from the Concierge confirming your suite benefits, is that practice still in place?

4 hours ago, smeck said:

For the first time we booked a two bedroom Grand Suite on the Indy.  We’re at a week out from our cruise and I was told you get a letter from the Concierge confirming your suite benefits, is that practice still in place?

Got one today for Harmony sailing Sunday

• Like 1

Could someone please give me an idea of what the suite benefits are?  I am thinking of booking a Bermuda cruise, and undecided between a balcony or a suite.  I don't find anything on Royal's site listing some of the benefits.  Thanks so much.

32 minutes ago, DaisyRose said:

Could someone please give me an idea of what the suite benefits are?  I am thinking of booking a Bermuda cruise, and undecided between a balcony or a suite.  I don't find anything on Royal's site listing some of the benefits.  Thanks so much.

What ship? Different perks on different classes of ships

If you are in a grand suite or above you will get breakfast in a specialty restaurant, free drinks for 3 hours in suite lounge, that ship has great pool seating . For the other shows rules were reserved seating , but because of Covid you may still need to reserve show then show up early, hopefully when your cruise sails they will be back to reserved seats with no signup, concierge can help with anything. Suites have way bigger rooms, balconies and bathrooms.

On 3/21/2022 at 2:54 PM, smeck said:

Usually it's a week (+/-)  before departure. 

On 3/22/2022 at 8:41 PM, George C said:

concierge can help with anything. 

This is a big one.  On every single occasion, we could want Specialty Dining at a moment's notice, boom.  "They're expecting you, go right on down."  

We're not excessive or demanding, but little things like that go a long way.  DW likes to get a pedicure on Sail Day, so when the Concierge e-mails prior to sail we ask them to schedule that for her.  Get on board, no problems.  

We just got spoiled because on the first trip with RC we're saying "What's this Concierge Lounge all about?  Let's book a GS and see..."  Ever since it's been a GS (or an OS if the deal was irresistible).  So be careful if you book that GS, you might not be able to go back.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MichaelCMTX said:

This is a big one.  On every single occasion, we could want Specialty Dining at a moment's notice, boom.  "They're expecting you, go right on down."  

We're not excessive or demanding, but little things like that go a long way.  DW likes to get a pedicure on Sail Day, so when the Concierge e-mails prior to sail we ask them to schedule that for her.  Get on board, no problems.  

We just got spoiled because on the first trip with RC we're saying "What's this Concierge Lounge all about?  Let's book a GS and see..."  Ever since it's been a GS (or an OS if the deal was irresistible).  So be careful if you book that GS, you might not be able to go back.

Not the case for us.  We had to cancel Izumi Sushi for night 3 and although they did refund our prepaid as an OBC, suite concierge was unable to get us reservations for any other day.  “Sorry, fully booked” 🤷‍♀️

Well, they cannot make tables where there are none.

But, RCI might want to consider some CL tables to be held back from reservations.  Same for excursions.

Then, at a certain point, open them up.