Boston hotels please

Thechamp555

On 3/22/2022 at 8:48 AM, navybankerteacher said:

Check out Hilton Garden at Logan Airport - not convenient to tourist attractions, but you will not get more than what you are willing to pay for. Generally, hotels/motels near airports are less expensive than those in central cities served by those airports.

There are also a couple of Hampton inns outside of Logan. I paid about $100 or a bit less at both of them.  Public transportation isnt bad.  I know 1 of them had an airport shuttle so you could take that to the airport and from there connect to the T  (subway) which can take you all over Boston.  Not hard if you arent on a tight schedule.   The last time I stayed at the Hampton Inn in Revere for a flight out of Logan the next morning I took the train into the North Station and then got the orange (I think, not positive) line from there to the airport where I got the hotel shuttle.   Yes, if you want or think you need a big ritzy hotel in the center of the city you will pay a lot.  Lower standards a little and savings can be found. I agree that popular dates can be a problem. As far as hotels go, not much wrong with Hampton Inn

• Thanks 1

On 4/1/2022 at 10:31 AM, Beth and Bailey said:

I am beginning my search for mid Oct as well.  I think that poster that said you get what you pay for was rude.  We'd like to go in a few days prior but with those $$ rates, it's more than the cruise.  I'm going to look at some airbnb's..

some people are extremely picky about hotels. I've seen reviews where they report that there were two people in the parking lot, must have been a drug deal.  I stay at Motel 6 frequently and have never had a problem.  In some of my comments I mentioned the Hampton Inns in Revere (close to Logan Airport)  Nothing wrong with them. I paid between $85-100 a night. More than I like to pay but after all, it is a city.   Public transportation is great as long as you dont have a lot of luggage and a tight schedule.   A lot of this is on the internet. I go to either Booking dot com or Hotels dot com and they have a wide range of hotels and prices.   You can google Boston Subway or public transportation and you will find maps of the subway lines with all kinds of advice. I dont know how we traveled before the Internet    I dont know your situation but there is a Hostel in the downtown area, I think its HI, something like that.   It gets good reviews.  I think a bed was something like $45  and there were also private rooms if you are more than one person, or dont mind paying rates comparable to reasonable hotels. They often come with a private bathroom. I read that the bathrooms at this hostal are outside of the sleeping areas but are individual, which is better. 

On 11/5/2023 at 11:29 AM, Smitheroo said:

some people are extremely picky about hotels. I've seen reviews where they report that there were two people in the parking lot, must have been a drug deal.  I stay at Motel 6 frequently and have never had a problem.  In some of my comments I mentioned the Hampton Inns in Revere (close to Logan Airport)  Nothing wrong with them. I paid between $85-100 a night. More than I like to pay but after all, it is a city.   Public transportation is great as long as you dont have a lot of luggage and a tight schedule.   A lot of this is on the internet. I go to either Booking dot com or Hotels dot com and they have a wide range of hotels and prices.   You can google Boston Subway or public transportation and you will find maps of the subway lines with all kinds of advice. I dont know how we traveled before the Internet    I dont know your situation but there is a Hostel in the downtown area, I think its HI, something like that.   It gets good reviews.  I think a bed was something like $45  and there were also private rooms if you are more than one person, or dont mind paying rates comparable to reasonable hotels. They often come with a private bathroom. I read that the bathrooms at this hostal are outside of the sleeping areas but are individual, which is better.