Boston hotels please

Thechamp555

14 hours ago, txskier said:

try Hot Wire

I used Hot Wire for post and pre cruise hotel stays. I would look at it for a couple of weeks at areas of Boston to get an idea of pricing and some hotels offered. 

txskier,
I've looked at HW too, but even their "hot" rates are almost $300+
/night! 😲

• 3 months later...

You might want to consider this place:

download.jpg.0666af1d821a808320dfa8128adc6dd1.jpg

TownPlace Suites Boston Logan/Chelsea 

30 Eastern Ave.

I'm staying 1 night(tonight)  before a HAL cruise. I booked this place for ($188.00 + $22.00 taxes = $210 (Marriott Senior Discount). Now I booked the cheapest room that they had and it is still a suite with a full kitchen. The price even includes airport transfers and a breakfast. I'll see how good the breakfast is tomorrow morning. Their shuttle was prompt and it is only about 10 minutes from the airport. I priced Uber from the hotel to the cruise port and it was in the $21 range; however, that didn't include a tip. Now that was an afternoon price: I guess the morning price could be a little more. There is a silver line bus stop (i.e. Eastern Ave) is just across the street. You can take the silver line busses to the cruise port for $2.75 pp; however, it will involve carrying your own luggage and changing busses. Everything is the room is clean and everything works including the air conditioner. The listed check in time is 4 PM; however, I arrived at 1 PM and got a room, The only negative is that the isn't a whole lot of restaurants/stores within easy walking distance.

Just sayin': This place is a "steal" in Boston for $210. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ScriptOhio said:

30 Eastern Ave.

I'm staying 1 night(tonight)  before a HAL cruise. I booked this place for ($188.00 + $22.00 taxes = $210 (Marriott Senior Discount). Now I booked the cheapest room that they had and it is still a suite with a full kitchen. The price even includes airport transfers and a breakfast. I'll see how good the breakfast is tomorrow morning. Their shuttle was prompt and it is only about 10 minutes from the airport. I priced Uber from the hotel to the cruise port and it was in the $21 range; however, that didn't include a tip. Now that was an afternoon price: I guess the morning price could be a little more. There is a silver line bus stop (i.e. Eastern Ave) is just across the street. You can take the silver line busses to the cruise port for $2.75 pp; however, it will involve carrying your own luggage and changing busses. Everything is the room is clean and everything works including the air conditioner. The listed check in time is 4 PM; however, I arrived at 1 PM and got a room, The only negative is that the isn't a whole lot of restaurants/stores within easy walking distance.

As long as you aren't looking to do any sightseeing or looking for a place to eat, go for it. It's right by the airport employee garage in an industrial area.

On 7/21/2023 at 4:31 PM, ScriptOhio said:

30 Eastern Ave.

Unfortunately those "cheapest" prices jump up by @ $100/night in October, and that's not even including taxes and the fact that it's non-refundable and must be prepaid in full! 😲

Enjoy your HAL cruise.

USD Avg./night

On 3/30/2022 at 7:38 AM, Nitemare said:

That Seaport option is the closest one to the pier, but is not convenient for touring

The Chelsea option isn't convenient to anything, but does have a shuttle to the airport and subway

For one night, I think the Seaport (I live there) has plenty of things to do/see.  Harborwalk or Greenway will bring you to Qunicy Market, No. End or Chinatown.  You could walk to Castle Island.  There are tons of restaurants and shops.  There is a walking path across from the pier that has signage explaining the history of the port. Lots of outdoor spots to grab a sandwich/snack to sit and enjoy people watching with a water view. If you're up for public transport, South Station is right there.  I believe the Silverline to South Station is free from the airport.  It continues down to the pier area.  Something to look into.  I can't give much info on that, since I've never done it.  

My suggestion would be to book one of the hotels near the port.  There are at least 2 that will get you within a very quick walk.  I know they're expensive, but getting into a car in Boston is a huge time sucker.  Traffic is awful and unpredictable.  If you don't want to experience Boston at all, I'd head south of the city.  Quincy or Braintree would be my choice.  If you stay north of the city, you have to drive through the city to get to the port.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Have never stayed there, but walk by it all the time.  You are a few blocks off of the action in the Seaport, but it's an easy, safe walk.  Lots of good restaurants in that area.  I wouldn't hesitate to book it.

Thank you.  

My main concern with Element Boston Seaport vs Fairfield Inn - Boston Cambridge is that the Element is 10-15 minute walk to a bus or T-line, whereas Fairfield Inn - Boston Cambridge is 5 minutes from the Lochmere green T station.

Is your recommendation based on easy walk to port or something else?  We're going to be in Boston for 5 days and I value easy access to T.

Edited by CaribbeanBound

15 hours ago, CaribbeanBound said:

Thank you.  

My main concern with Element Boston Seaport vs Fairfield Inn - Boston Cambridge is that the Element is 10-15 minute walk to a bus or T-line, whereas Fairfield Inn - Boston Cambridge is 5 minutes from the Lochmere green T station.

Is your recommendation based on easy walk to port or something else?  We're going to be in Boston for 5 days and I value easy access to T.

That Fairfield is in an industrial neighborhood near a train yard.  The Element is in a much nicer area.

It is closer to a grocery store and to the T, but that's about the only advantages I can see

• 1 month later...

I ended up staying at the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Boston Cambridge.  Location was great, just 1 block from the Lechmere Metro Green T line, which made getting around Boston easy.  Breakfast was better than your typical hotel buffet.  We had a room on the 6th floor on the street side of the building, right on the other side of the elevators.  Did not hear any road noise, no elevator noise, and no train noise.  However, we did hear the construction crew after 7:30 am working on road improvements.  If I couldn't get a less expensive room closer to the central city, I would not hesitate to book here again.

Getting to the cruise ship was very doable.  We hopped on the Green T with all of our luggage, transferred to the Red T at Park Street Station, transferred to the Silver Line 2 bus at South Station, and got off at Drydock Avenue, walked straight through the building to the dock and boarded the ship.  Cost would have been about $2.65 each if we didn't already have a 7-day pass that we bought at the airport when we arrived.

Edited by CaribbeanBound

13 hours ago, CaribbeanBound said:

I ended up staying at the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Boston Cambridge.  Location was great, just 1 block from the Lechmere Metro Green T line, which made getting around Boston easy.  Breakfast was better than your typical hotel buffet.  We had a room on the 6th floor on the street side of the building, right on the other side of the elevators.  Did not hear any road noise, no elevator noise, and no train noise.  However, we did hear the construction crew after 7:30 am working on road improvements.  If I couldn't get a less expensive room closer to the central city, I would not hesitate to book here again.

Getting to the cruise ship was very doable.  We hopped on the Green T with all of our luggage, transferred to the Red T at Park Street Station, transferred to the Silver Line 2 bus at South Station, and got off at Drydock Avenue, walked straight through the building to the dock and boarded the ship.  Cost would have been about $2.65 each if we didn't already have a 7-day pass that we bought at the airport when we arrived.

I'm glad it worked out for you. Just note most visitors to Boston aren't comfortable lugging their luggage on public transportation, so your approach isn't for everyone.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, CaribbeanBound said:

Good for you and your hustle.  While it's not the easiest public transportation to haul luggage on, I see it all the time.  Trust me, you see a lot of strange things on the T, but people with luggage isn't one of them.  Glad you enjoyed your stay.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Julma said:

Good for you and your hustle.  While it's not the easiest public transportation to haul luggage on, I see it all the time.  Trust me, you see a lot of strange things on the T, but people with luggage isn't one of them.  Glad you enjoyed your stay.

I recently saw a great photo on a BU parents page of a young adult carrying a full sized mattress getting on the T.

• Haha 2

We decided to bite the bullet and go for something nicer, price be damned-- 
1) because this will be my birthday vacay, and 2) we don't want to be "hauling" anything anywhere! 😅

We decided to go with however, booked on a little less expensive travel site than direct.

Harborside Inn Of Boston
185 State St, Boston, MA, 02109 
https://www.harborsideinnboston.com/

The visuals of a full-size mattress by a college student does not surprise me since we live in a college town, but it's too much for this retired person to even consider. 🤪

• Haha 1

On 9/10/2023 at 4:33 PM, CaribbeanBound said:

Glad it worked for you, but a "3 seat ride" is not something most visitors, especially ones with luggage, would choose

15 hours ago, CaribbeanBound said:

Granted.  Just letting folks know it was cheap, it was easy, and it worked flawlessly.

I am back visiting Boston and MBTA issues are on all the news programs.  It sounds like the system here is in worse disarray than it was when we moved west last summer!

9 hours ago, Nitemare said:

I am back visiting Boston and MBTA issues are on all the news programs.  It sounds like the system here is in worse disarray than it was when we moved west last summer!

It certainly has it's issues.  I use the subway a few times a week, various lines, various times and haven't had any issues.  More often than not, it works fine.  

On 9/13/2023 at 3:07 PM, CaribbeanBound said:

Granted.  Just letting folks know it was cheap, it was easy, and it worked flawlessly.

Totally agree.  We too stayed at Cambridge at the Hampton Inn.  We arrived three days pre for our cruise. Took the green to freedom trail, and next day Fenway..  The Lechmere station was 100 yards away from the hotel.

Edited by fenton04
spell
  • Like 1