Sold Out and Royal Up help

Wondering if anyone can help. I mostly sail with Carnival so this is all new to me but I bid on a suite with Royal Up but when I go to do a mock booking I noticed suites are sold out. My bid says pending though? Can anyone clarify

• Like 1

Reservations cancel all the time. We have cancelled week-of-cruise 3 or 4 times due to other commitments. 

And, with the Royal Up, everyone moves up. So, while the room you bid on may be sold out today, if someone in that class wins a bid for a better room, those rooms will be available to be assigned. 

• Like 1

Just because it shows that the category is sold out does not mean that there are not available staterooms held in inventory for your Royal Up bid.  And pending means just that - as the awards typically are notified a few days before your sailing date.  As others have indicated, making a bid is not a guarantee of a move up as they are awarded by highest bid and down with available inventory.  But if your bid is accepted, your credit card is automatically charged the bid amount when the award is made,  your old reservation stateroom is vacated and the new one in your bid category assigned.  You also cannot opt out of this once the bid is accepted.

Our next cruise is April 24.  I got the Royal Up email on 3/15

Unless you are in an Owners Suite already, if someone in an Owners Suite moves up, that opens an OS up.  And then someone in a GS may move up, opening it up.  And then someone from a JR suite moves to that GS, and the JR is open.

Add in cancellations, even though they are showing sold out, there is a possibility.

Now in our case for our next cruise, we are in an OS. So only possible upgrade is to Royal Suite.  I put in a minimum bid.  But looking online, there is no availability for the one RS.  So unlikely will we get an upgrade, unless there is a cancellation.