Crew wearing masks?

ggg196078

Just now, ggg196078 said:

Was wondering as of March 1 st , if the crew are wearing masks? 

All of the crew on our 6 March Breakaway cruise were wearing masks.

Very few passengers were and the number of passengers wearing masks decreased daily.

12 minutes ago, nolatravelgirl said:

Breakaway March 13-19th crew were all wearing masks. It made it hard to sometimes hear the bartenders and waiters as they all sounded muffled.

Same as our 6 March cruise.   I simply kept repeating "I can't hear you"  until they removed the masks.

• Haha 1

On 3/24/2022 at 2:55 PM, JGmf said:

Crew were still wearing masks OUTSIDE at Great Stirrup Cay.  Even the staffer (lifeguard? security?) rowing around in a kayak, alone on the water.

I was a huge proponent of masking when it was truly necessary for those of us with normal immune systems (before vaccines). Now this is the silliest thing I ever heard......someone wearing a mask while "rowing around in a kayak, alone on the water". Who does that?????? If it is a protocol by the cruise line, then someone does not have their thinking cap on.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, coffeebean said:

I was a huge proponent of masking when it was truly necessary for those of us with normal immune systems (before vaccines). Now this is the silliest thing I ever heard......someone wearing a mask while "rowing around in a kayak, alone on the water". Who does that?????? If it is a protocol by the cruise line, then someone does not have their thinking cap on.

Sounds like a case of that is the rule without any consideration of the purpose of the rule.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, coffeebean said:

How does NCL deal with infected crew members? Are they sacked after completing the isolation period? It sounds like they might be if crew feel the need to take it that seriously.

We (party of 4) were on the Joy last week. Just as well all crew were wearing masks the entire time ...

3 people in party (including me) tested positive a couple of days after our return home when we started feeling crappy. Thanks heavens we tested negative for the flight home to Bermuda!

Source? Maybe the Social Club - it was a greatly popular venue and a lot of people went each evening.

In all, we all 4 had a great time on the Joy, food, bar, service, entertainment, etc were top-notch, and the ship was lovely with the prettiest chandelier we've ever seen out of all 6 BA/+ class ships and Epic.

The crew still need to wear masks to protect themselves from the passengers, unfortunately.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bluesea777 said:

3 people in party (including me) tested positive a couple of days after our return home when we started feeling crappy.

Then I'm going to use another of my free tests from the US government and test again.  I tested Sunday and got a negative, but I've been feeling crappy the last 2 days...

4 minutes ago, hallux said:

Then I'm going to use another of my free tests from the US government and test again.  I tested Sunday and got a negative, but I've been feeling crappy the last 2 days...

Oh dear.

We tested on Saturday - negative, flew home that evening. One in party tested on Sunday (negative), Monday (negative), and when he tested on Tuesday after feeling crappy - positive and contacted the rest of the party. So we tested on Tuesday and 2 tested positive. Sigh ..... The 4th one is feeling okay - not crappy. But he will test in a couple of days' time just in case.

9 minutes ago, hallux said:

@bluesea777 it came up negative.  Of course, it's a self-administered rapid antigen test, might just be post-cruise 'crud' as a result of coming home to ugly late-winter weather in New York...

We also took self administered rapid antigen tests. Give it a couple more days or 3. 

Headaches, lots of sneezing, runny nose, slight fever/chills. Also some joint pains, like arthritic knee flaring up, and sore backs.

Edited by bluesea777

1 hour ago, bluesea777 said:

The crew still need to wear masks to protect themselves from the passengers, unfortunately.

True, they do not want another period of unemployment and the industry itself cannot sustain another repeat of March 2020.  Hoping for the best.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hallux said:

@bluesea777 it came up negative.  Of course, it's a self-administered rapid antigen test, might just be post-cruise 'crud' as a result of coming home to ugly late-winter weather in New York...

I was feeling crappy about 5 days after my February Escape cruise (followed by a day at Disney). Tested negative twice and I chalked it up to post cruise and/or plane crud as well.  Or allergies.

• Like 2