3-24-2022. THursday weigh in

Izena

Good morning.  Envious of those who are out cruising -  positive they are having a wonderful time.  Hoping they are practicing a little restraint at buffets and getting in some exercise (if possible using stairs most of the timee)

I’m at the higher end of my range.  Surgeon said  7 lb wt  most likely water wt.  I’m eating more ( increased calories to promote healing)  .  Had gut problems yesterday morning — afraid I was going to faint again — BP was on the low side for me  so  kept walker close.  

This morning feel like I’ve turned the corner - slept better - pain much less (never was constant just hurt when I moved, sneezed or cough)

My son and GF are in Utah ((her home).  His chest /ribs are slowly recovering  (bruised/traumatized from CPR x2) 

Everyone have a good day - tell your family “they are loved”  frequently.

• Like 1

HI all!

Izena ~ thanks for starting the thread. Hope you improve each day & are back to normal soon.

Ombud ~ good for you! Wish I could say the same but I'm up 0.2 lbs as the result of too much snacking (as usual).

Have a nice weekend & stay safe.

~ Jo ~ 😊

Hope you are improving steadily Izena!

My cruise starts in Rome April 15 with a business class flight there from Oz

Got to my lowest point in 5 years Monday 148 after running 3.5 miles for the first time ever in my life. Hiked 5 miles yesterday and ran another 3.5 today. Eating limited food in moderation hungry but tolerating it. 

This is reminding me of the days when everyone else at school had candy and I had none.

Ombud and Jo doing great.  Jo your wt avg is better than mine - I can fluctuate 3-4 lbs weekly that’s why I now just focus on a range.  

Timmie great job .  Seeing numbers you think you’ll never see again is amazing.  Keep up the  pace — you have to be at or close to ideal wt.

Cruisers take a lap or two on the promenade deck for me.

I’ve started walking again .  Community pool  is literally around the corner from my house.  My plan is to get between 3-4 miles a day walking 2-4 times a day.  There are benches in case I get tired.   Hopefully the activity and sunshine will improve my sleeping  

Very quiet here.  My recovery is going smoothly - sleep is elusive maybe 4 hours a night.   Trying to eat enough calories to heal but not so much as to gain.  Will be about a month before I will have an accurate wt.

everyone be safe,.  Eat healthy and in moderation.  Get in some form  of exercise every day.  — 

• Like 1

Hope everything going well with recovery. It's a bit like being caught between a rock and a hard place. Getting some form of exercise in is good even exercising your arms first.

I'm stable here at just under 150. I was progressing very well until I got invited to a Brazilian buffet last night. I haven't had processed meats for months now. God help me when I get to Bologna. Still, I skipped dessert.

Only 15 days to embarkation now. I won't skip the business class airline food there either.