Live-- Enchantment of the Seas 8-night SE Coast and Perfect Day: March 25- April 2, 2022

6 hours ago, DELTABLUE said:

Oh, boy:classic_ohmy:.  That is not good news.:classic_angry:  Hope you can recover quickly from all that unnecessary anxiety.

Not anxious but my feet hurt! Finally onboard, dinner was great, and things are going well! Thank you!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DragonOfTheSeas said:

We think this is the ship that has run aground. They are the same company that got stuck in the Suez Canal.2953C941-103D-4752-B3D5-90059173CF5C.thumb.jpeg.9d83282f0d16b05a718c85cc2272286e.jpeg

Yes, that's it.  It's the "Ever Forward" owned by EVERGREEN.  They're still working on dislodging it.  They say it could take another week.

Edited by BND

10 minutes ago, BND said:

The ship is on the local news pretty much everyday since we live about 1.5 hours from the Chesapeake Bay and the area it's stuck in, gets the DC news.

Thank goodness it went out of the channel at least to now block traffic 

Now the environmental folks are worried about the damage from the newly dredged channel they're making to get it out. 

1 minute ago, death_star said:

Thank goodness it went out of the channel at least to now block traffic 

Now the environmental folks are worried about the damage from the newly dredged channel they're making to get it out. 

Now, where is that "roll eye" emoji?  

So, they're moving some dirt, um ok.

I just hope it's free and moved by the time we board in 8 days.  I know currently there is only one way traffic even though it's not in the channel perse, it still is impacting some traffic.

Edited by BND

Or were you allowed in because you are in a JS?  Inquiring minds, and this D+, want to know.:classic_tongue:  Also, I wonder if these divisions between lounges might vary from cruise to cruise depending on how the passenger numbers shake out.  They know many suites, pinochles  and D+s are aboard each sailing.

15 hours ago, BND said:

Yes, that's it.  It's the "Ever Forward" owned by EVERGREEN.  They're still working on dislodging it.  They say it could take another week.

We had the Top Tier Event this morning. I will give some information from that soon.  However, the Captain talked about the Evergreen ship.  He said they are digging a channel around the ship so it can be floated out of the mud.  He said it would be there for months. 

He implied the channel turns at this point.  He said the ship grounding was like taking a curve too fast and running off the road.  He said the good news was that ships are able to pass by in the channel although it is a close passage,  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DragonOfTheSeas said:

We had the Top Tier Event this morning. I will give some information from that soon.  However, the Captain talked about the Evergreen ship.  He said they are digging a channel around the ship so it can be floated out of the mud.  He said it would be there for months. 

He implied the channel turns at this point.  He said the ship grounding was like taking a curve too fast and running off the road.  He said the good news was that ships are able to pass by in the channel although it is a close passage,  

It is on a "curve"  or bend.  All the local news have been reporting they have been told a week, but we shall see.  I know they are dredging around it with the purpose being loosening up enough soil close to the ship so it can move.

Edited by BND

15 hours ago, BND said:

So, as D+ you were allowed in the CL?  That works for us.

13 hours ago, DELTABLUE said:

Or were you allowed in because you are in a JS?  Inquiring minds, and this D+, want to know.:classic_tongue:  Also, I wonder if these divisions between lounges might vary from cruise to cruise depending on how the passenger numbers shake out.  They know many suites, pinochles  and D+s are aboard each sailing.

We got two letters yesterday.  One welcomed us to the Diamond Lounge.  As you know that is above the Viking Crown Lounge.  We went in there [our sea pass opened the door].  We thought it was a little dark.  But, they may not have had all of the lights on.

The second letter we got was from Jayson Santos, the Concierge of the CL.  It begins. . . "As a valued Diamond Plus member of the Crown and Anchor Society."  So, I think it a D+ invitation. However, I agree that it might vary each cruise according to the number of D+ on the ship.  During Happy Hour we went to the Concierge Lounge and used our key to enter.  It is a relatively small space, but bright and inviting. There were ample seats.  The 2 across from us were empty.  DH and I will need to work on our welcoming smile tonight. 🙄

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, DragonOfTheSeas said:

We had the Top Tier Event this morning. I will give some information from that soon. 

I saw in the cruise planner that it said platinum and above. Was that the case or was it diamond plus and pins?

On 3/25/2022 at 9:19 AM, DragonOfTheSeas said:

This 8-night cruise will give us 32 points.

How?  So you're indicating that for this sailing it's quadruple points for a suite?  We just came off Enchantment yesterday and are assuming we'll get the usual double points for suite.  (?)  What is this "double points promo" you refer to? I'd love to have them from last week as we're close to D+ 😉 I will surely be asking RCL about this. 

Edited by AnyWayIsGood

On 3/25/2022 at 12:38 PM, DragonOfTheSeas said:

They were directing us as soon as we boarded to go to our muster station and check in and to watch the video on the app. I had already done the video and listen to the horn sound. So we just needed to report to the muster station and be checked off. They have already made two announcements for people to go do that.

The last sailing was a disaster relative to muster. We went to the station, checked in, the guy found and checked off our names, but somehow our names never got entered into the system - probably along with others as well being that our sail-away was delaved over an hour due to people not having satisfied the muster requirements. The captained announced this several times. As a result , pax got screwed out of the one Cape Kennedy excursion being that we got there late.

Now, here's what doesn't make a bit of sense. We left Charleston 3 hours late due to a malfunctioning bow thruster, and yet they made up the time, arriving into Baltimore yesterday ahead of schedule. You can't tell me they couldn't have made up that hour at the start of the cruise to get us into Port Canaveral on time, given that there was an entire sea day to do it. So everyone who had the longer (8-hr.) excursion had it canceled. As a result of that, everyone had to take the shorter ("shuttle") excursion - LOTS of people since both excursions now filtered into one. There were only those two excursions available for the Cape. Wasn't happy about it, although we did have a great day there. 

Edited by AnyWayIsGood

49 minutes ago, death_star said:

I saw in the cruise planner that it said platinum and above. Was that the case or was it diamond plus and pins?

Yes it was for platinum and above. I think that’s getting back to normal too.

19 minutes ago, AnyWayIsGood said:

How?  So you're indicating that for this sailing it's quadruple points for a suite?  We just came off Enchantment yesterday and are assuming we'll get the usual double points for suite.  (?)  What is this "double points promo" you refer to? I'd love to have them from last week as we're close to D+ 😉

Royal Caribbean was running a promotion that ended in September 2021.

It offered cruisers double points for any cruises that they had reserved by that time and sailed on by either September or October of this year. I can’t give you the exact details. I’m sure someone will chime in here with the cut off date. 

we have a 10 day cruise this summer. It is in a balcony so we will get 20 points. That will give us a total of 52 for these 2 cruises.  That’s pretty good for us. It usually takes us at least two years to get that many.

Some people booked eight and 10 cruises under the promo. There are going to be a lot of pinnacles very soon. 

14 minutes ago, DragonOfTheSeas said:

Royal Caribbean was running a promotion that ended in September 2021.

It offered cruisers double points for any cruises that they had reserved by that time and sailed on by either September or October of this year. I can’t give you the exact details. I’m sure someone will chime in here with the cut off date. 

Well then why would you get double points for this cruise?  I came across the following: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2021/09/23/one-week-left-get-double-points-royal-caribbean-cruise-booking . This refers to the followingL Royal Caribbean announced it has extended the Loyalty 2X Points benefit so that it applies to existing bookings, as well as new bookings made between now and September 30, 2021 for cruises sailing through December 31, 2022.

Our last week's sailing was originally booked before the pandemic - on the Grandeur - for March of 2020. Then, of course, it was canceled. Then rebooked to last spring, moved again to this year. So then we don't qualify? The link I posted provides for previously booked cruises as well. I'll call and find out. 

3E46DB9F-7E82-4D3B-A58A-15AD4A900755.thumb.jpeg.aa2757c5879ca75a002f7c7d859f0976.jpegToday was the top-tier event. It was 11 o’clock this morning in the theater.

there was entertainment from one of the live bands. I don’t know what the name was but they were pretty good I’ll try to find out the name later.

136545EE-7DA9-44CB-B64F-B85D06725401.thumb.jpeg.efcd58020f96910356f4ca2230ea66a2.jpeg

After the captain spoke the loyalty ambassador gave us the crown and anchor numbers

Gold 336

Platinum 1071

Emerald 98

Diamond 248 

Diamond plus 208

Pinnacle 36

The top 3 cruisers had 2100, 2337, and 2427 points respectively. 

They didn't say how many total passengers we had. And I even stopped and asked one of the officers standing in the line as I left the door but he couldn’t tell me. So I’ll check guest services later.

6B95BE40-A624-4E96-A6B9-ABCBEA42376E.jpeg

6549027A-9F79-4537-A21A-882FA0EFA9A9.jpeg

Edited by DragonOfTheSeas

Well, if last week doesn't qualify since the original booking date was March '20 (on the invoice I still have - but it goes back farther than that), how about a cruise I booked in August '21?  That should qualify based on this from the same Royal Caribbean blog site: 

If you already have a cruise booked between January 1, 2021 and December 31, 2022, this offer is being applied to all qualified existing bookings.

So for my Sept '22 sailing of 9 nights - should get 36 points. 

Edited by AnyWayIsGood

4 minutes ago, DragonOfTheSeas said:

They didn't say how many total passengers we had.

I'd be interested to know this as well as how many were on our sailing. We bagged out of the top tier event in favor of just spending time on our balcony. Been to so many of those..sort of 'top tiered' out. At one of the last ones they bragged about how much food they had for everyone, and yet we didn't get anything. 

OK...just called them. Our sailing last week qualifies. YEA!!!  Since it was canceled, rebooked, rebooked again, etc. if surely must have fallen within the program guidelines. So D+ after the next cruise 🍷😁   

I'm so glad you're doing this live thread! I have relatives on this sailing, so looking forward to seeing how things are going. 

Based on the above total of 1,997 pax that you provided in the breakdown, ship is not full. Total capacity is 2,440. Some rooms probably being held in reserve for quarantine. 

Edited by AnyWayIsGood

Captain.jpg.ed6cd55395f91737600af25ecc05dd74.jpg

The Captain looked so sad sideways. 🤪  I am not sure why some of my pictures were coming out sideways.  But, I am going to try a new tactic. 

officers.jpg.a4af6e940ad811d0a62ec54a413d0359.jpg

Here is the list of officers.

This was our position around noon.

map.jpg.e7464732a230818b9b0e8dd1b26b0b91.jpg

Edited by DragonOfTheSeas

17 hours ago, DELTABLUE said:

D+ can use CL:) I read it somewhere yesterday. Hope that's still true. Like 2 options. Hi Delta! Haven't seen you in a long time. Peggy

Edited by plank
  • Like 1