Antigen testing within 3 days of cruise, anyone with experience?

Parrottdizes

According to the Princess FAQ, if you are vax and boostered you can get your antigen test within 3 days of cruise.

Vaccination Status

CDC Definition

Pre-Travel Test-Type

When to Take Test Before Boarding

Fully Vaccinated

Received primary series of COVID-19 vaccines with final dose at least 14 days before embarkation

Antigen

Within 2 days

PCR

Within 3 days

Up to Date

Received all recommended COVID-19 vaccines, including any booster dose(s) when eligible at least 7 days before embarkation

Antigen

Within 3 days

PCR

Within 3 days

Not Vaccinated

Not fully vaccinated

PCR

Within 3 days

However, my passenger copy that I got in mid March (I wanted one that verified that I was paid in full) states the test must be within 2 days of cruise. At that time my passenger summery also stated that.......but now it shows that following information.

"COVID-19 VACCINATION AND TESTING REQUIREMENT

Please be advised that all eligible guests 5 years and older on this voyage are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and meet the following requirements: - have received their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days before the beginning of the cruise and provide proof of vaccination at terminal check-in - if eligible, proof of a COVID-19 booster at least 7 days before the start of the cruise is also required - provide acceptable proof of a negative viral COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) taken before of embarkation (for guests 2 years and older). For required timing and details, please visit https://*****/pcl_ustest
Travel requirements are subject to change and vary by destination. Check our CruiseHealth FAQs (https://*****/pcl_usfaq), Princess communications and and official government sites often for specifics for your voyage."

So, I try to go to https://*****/pcl_ustest and https://*****/pcl_usfaq and google states no such sites. Needless to say, I have conflicting information as to which information to follow. NOW, for those that say just do it within the 2 day period........that falls on a Sunday, which is harder to find a testing place (if I have to do it at that time, well, I will work it out).........however if I can do the test within 3 days, my doctor's office is open Saturday mornings and will schedule a time slot for me months ahead of time (so I am guaranteed the test on the day I need it) and at N/C. 

My, question is: Has anyone done their Antigen test within the 3 day time slot? If so, did you have any problems with port personal? Please, I would like the experiences from people who have had their test done within the 3 day time period. 

If this information helps, I will be sailing out of San Francisco. 

Yes, I just got off the Discovery Princess pre-inaugural today, and did my rapid antigen test (medically supervised) THREE days prior to boarding, as I am fully vaccinated and boosted.  NO PROBLEM AT ALL, the negative test was accepted without question.

• Like 1

I have heard of someone having to get test at terminal because one they had was not in timeline That was Ft Lauderdale.

Vancouver boarding requires antigen 1 day prior or PCR 72 hours prior 

changes happening all the time.

Edited by 007colocruz

My suggestion is to check for CVS. Here in San Francisco their is a CVS & with an appointment my results are back in 1hr which is accepted by Princess.  

FYI…I’ve done 3 cruises on Princess & all of my documents are copied on my phone in a folder. In LA all they wanted to see was my vaccine card & my COVID test. Never had to show my original documents. 

Tom😀

007colocruz

I am sailing out of San Francisco, not Ft. Lauderdale or Vancouver.  While this is not the first time out of San Francisco, it is the first time since C-19. If you have information about that area, I would love to hear it.

trbarton

I have sailed out of Ft. Lauderdale already this year (before the current testing changes), so I am familiar with the steps one must go through. Just want to make sure that all of my ducks are in order with the new changes.

CVS...........due to the airlines changing my flight times to San Francisco, going to a CVS there is out of the question. The CVS in the town where I live, only do the PCR test and they don't guarantee the results being back in 3 days (so that is useless). Plus, many people on these forums have mentioned that CVS cancelled their test at the last minute.........

Are there any more people out there like Ella2 that has actual experience doing the Antigen test within 3 days of their cruise.

P.S. I do have a backup plan: just wanted to hear about other's experiences with the current changes for people that are vax and have their booster. 

Thank you to all that have replied.

1 hour ago, Parrottdizes said:

007colocruz

I am sailing out of San Francisco, not Ft. Lauderdale or Vancouver.  While this is not the first time out of San Francisco, it is the first time since C-19. If you have information about that area, I would love to hear it.

trbarton

I have sailed out of Ft. Lauderdale already this year (before the current testing changes), so I am familiar with the steps one must go through. Just want to make sure that all of my ducks are in order with the new changes.

CVS...........due to the airlines changing my flight times to San Francisco, going to a CVS there is out of the question. The CVS in the town where I live, only do the PCR test and they don't guarantee the results being back in 3 days (so that is useless). Plus, many people on these forums have mentioned that CVS cancelled their test at the last minute.........

Are there any more people out there like Ella2 that has actual experience doing the Antigen test within 3 days of their cruise.

P.S. I do have a backup plan: just wanted to hear about other's experiences with the current changes for people that are vax and have their booster. 

Thank you to all that have replied.

YOU ARE WELCOME. 

By the way, for others who are sailing out of SFC, to or from Vancouver for the California Coastal & Alaska cruises this coming season, you might find it helpful to follow the threads on changes to Covid testing requirements. 

17 hours ago, Ella2 said:

Yes, I just got off the Discovery Princess pre-inaugural today, and did my rapid antigen test (medically supervised) THREE days prior to boarding, as I am fully vaccinated and boosted.  NO PROBLEM AT ALL, the negative test was accepted without question.

Interesting.

My neice was just told no, it must be 2 days for the antigen.

Problem is, Princess gives out conflicting information. The FAQ states one thing and my documentation states something different. 

That is why I was wondering if someone else  (like Ella2 ) has had actual experience doing their Antigen test within the 3 day period . 

Princess requirements were updated to 3 days for Antigen or PCR if you have had booster. Our travel summary continued to say 2 days until couple of days ago. It now refers back to what the Princess site  says.