Questions regarding Ocean Medallion if one doesn't have a cell phone...

debjo

Seeing an upclose photo of the "medallion" is helpful...nice that it has the ship name & sailing dates on it.  One question though...is your name also written at the top?  I'm not sure I want to be wearing a proverbial "name tag" around the ship.

On 3/31/2022 at 11:00 AM, tonit964 said:

I have always saved all of my cruise cards. I like that they have the dates and ship name on them.

Excited to try out the Medallion in a couple of weeks but want to have the card as a souvenir so to speak.

Can I still get a card at GS?

would you 'trade-in' your medallion for a cruise card souvenir?

Been on Sky  6 days now the app is a brute my phone shuts it down if not in constant use.

1.5GB+ of memory that needs fixing.

I find the medallion a fine substitute for the card but like the idea of a souvenir card.

I always have my phone with a bottle opener and lanyard so clip on the medallion and I just have one thing on the ship now.

Very rarely use the app to order as by the time it loads and do the order waiter has turned up.

One flaw is no repeat order option.

If the bar is quiet just go up.

Will check the dining room menu most days.

Use the patter(2 things) for times/activities much quicker, forgot about the web interface loaded that this morning.

On 4/1/2022 at 10:54 AM, debjo said:

Seeing an upclose photo of the "medallion" is helpful...nice that it has the ship name & sailing dates on it.  One question though...is your name also written at the top?  I'm not sure I want to be wearing a proverbial "name tag" around the ship.

Pretty sure it has your name on it, but it’s really teeny tiny. And no you do not have to wear your medallion at all. Think of it like your old cruise card ,optional if you wear it around your neck. Or put it in a purse, put it in a backpack, put it in your pocket etc. It does not have to be out on display for everyone to see . You have that option though, there are plenty of accessories made for the medallion .

• Like 1

Thank you all for showing me that I'm not alone is not using a smartphone.  I tried one, but I think it was smarter than me, so I went back to my old phone.  I'm glad to hear that I will be able to use the medallion without the phone app.

I hate wearing something on a cord around my neck. What other accessories are available for the medallion, and where do you get them?

1 hour ago, cruiser3775 said:

I hate wearing something on a cord around my neck. What other accessories are available for the medallion, and where do you get them?

You can get Medallion accessories on eBay, on Amazon, and on the ship. I'm planning on using the same "accessory" that I have always used with the cruise card: my pocket. I don't do lanyards and don't think I need a clip or anything else. Putting the Medallion in my pocket will be fine for me.

• Like 1

Thanks "arizonaperson" for that explanation...glad the medallion does not have to be visible in order for it to be useful.  I assume that one gets to keep the medallion after the cruise is over...therefore it will serve as a "souvenir" of sorts, just as the cruise cards did.