HDMI Input/port on the TV

Cruiser Nonna

8 minutes ago, mandream said:

Ah.  Directly below.  Well our combined experience shows that it can be very different on the same ship as far as what it takes to connect up to the stateroom TV.  The TV in our stateroom looked pretty old.  How about yours (do you remember)?

2 hours ago, mandream said:

Looks like a FV.

I could not get the inputs to change on the TV no matter what I tried on our FV on Constellation in July.  I even had a universal remote.

Mike

Did you try the sequence in the Video on the Ships Remote.     Personally I have found that the old way of using a Universal Remote no longer work on the way they now have the TV's setup.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Did you try the sequence in the Video on the Ships Remote.     Personally I have found that the old way of using a Universal Remote no longer work on the way they now have the TV's setup.

I did.  When that didn't work I found I still had the universal remote in my travel bag from the old days.  Just couldn't get it to work no matter what I tried.

I could have tried calling guest relations and they might (or might not) have helped - but at the end of the day, it wasn't really that important on our very port intensive Med cruise.  If we had been in the Caribbean however.....

Mike

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, mandream said:

I did.  When that didn't work I found I still had the universal remote in my travel bag from the old days.  Just couldn't get it to work no matter what I tried.

I could have tried calling guest relations and they might (or might not) have helped - but at the end of the day, it wasn't really that important on our very port intensive Med cruise.  If we had been in the Caribbean however.....

Mike

I've not found a ship so far it hasn't worked on.    It was taught to me when I asked the butler to have IT department to turn off hotel mode.  He told me they no long have that and showed me how and actually took TV off wall as in the suite there was no room to get your hand in.

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I've not found a ship so far it hasn't worked on.    It was taught to me when I asked the butler to have IT department to turn off hotel mode.  He told me they no long have that and showed me how and actually took TV off wall as in the suite there was no room to get your hand in.

We'll be in a SkySuite on Eclipse next May and glad to hear we won't have a problem using our Firestick. We're RCI cruisers and hopefully hooking this up will be just as easy as we're used to.

14 hours ago, Ashland said:

We'll be in a SkySuite on Eclipse next May and glad to hear we won't have a problem using our Firestick. We're RCI cruisers and hopefully hooking this up will be just as easy as we're used to.

Changing the TV’s input is not the only challenge with getting the Fire Stick to work.  I could not get it to work on my recent Silhouette cruise.  I have a mini travel router on my Christmas list. 

4 hours ago, jagoffee said:

Changing the TV’s input is not the only challenge with getting the Fire Stick to work.  I could not get it to work on my recent Silhouette cruise.  I have a mini travel router on my Christmas list. 

We've had no problem on even the much older RCI ships so assuming the Eclipse will not be too much of a challenge.

BTW...I thought bringing a router is a no no ??

• 8 months later...
On 3/27/2022 at 3:33 AM, Jim_Iain said:

Every ship I've been on (M, S and E) has had HDMI ports on their TV.      Ability to access the source is often a challenge.  

A bit of a kick @Jim_Iain but any recommendations on the Samsung model (balcony/CC) on Reflection?

I might have missed a step or lost patience in the sequence.. :classic_laugh: It has a Royal Caribbean branded remote! :classic_biggrin:

IMG_3274.jpeg

IMG_3273.jpeg

22 hours ago, FreestyleNovice said:

A bit of a kick @Jim_Iain but any recommendations on the Samsung model (balcony/CC) on Reflection?

I might have missed a step or lost patience in the sequence.. :classic_laugh: It has a Royal Caribbean branded remote! :classic_biggrin:

IMG_3274.jpeg

IMG_3273.jpeg

The  Samsung TV is identical to that I've seen on M, S and E Class TV'.

You simply plug you HDMI device into one of the 3 HDMI ports.    I can see one on the 2 on the back.

After plugged in and Device Powered UP (if not powered up will not show any HDMI is active)

Next on your room's Remote follow the instructions as shown on message 33.

First Press CC button

Press Menu Button

Go to bottom and select Support

Go to Bottom Source -

Select the source you are plugged into.   Only those active will be active.

In the picture you posted the only thing plugged in is an Ethernet Connection -  Celebrity uses their TV's as a dumb monitor and utilize and HTML loader to bring up the main screen and stream the content. 

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1