British Airways, help please

Lois R

Just a note, I have been trying to check in on line for the past 20 minutes....on both the AA website and the BA website and of course neither one is letting me.  The AA says "we are unable to check you in on line" please check in at the airport".  And when I go to the BA website? It will not allow me to choose my seat without paying for it☹️......now, not sure if that is because that flight leaves later......7pm.....and I have to wait till 7 tonight or not.........but I tried at least 4 times on each website and I keep getting rejected.  Nothing I can do really so will leave early for the airport tomorrow................

29 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Nothing I can do really ...

Β 

My hope was that you'd be able to check-in for both flights at the same time. But it looks like you may well have to wait until 24 hours before the departure of the BA flight, ie until 1905 tonight (7.05 pm).

I remember a few years ago flying on BA with an overnight layover in London. I could not check in for the second flight (LHR-YUL) until 24 hours before that flight, even though I was flying out of FCO the day before. Checked in online while relaxing in my London hotel room the night before :).Β 

I will try again this evening to at least see if I can get my seat...........

Β 

Thanks for all the help from everyone.

Sometimes, you cannot check in for an international flight unless the airline is in possession of enough documentation to know that you are legally entitled to make the flight - passports and possibly visa information.Β  And some locations may also require vax data.

15 minutes ago, FlyerTalker said:

Sometimes, you cannot check in for an international flight unless the airline is in possession of enough documentation to know that you are legally entitled to make the flight - passports and possibly visa information.Β  And some locations may also require vax data.

Hi, I learned that on this trip too. I scanned in all the paperwork BA asked for and hit submit......within 24 hours I received an email saying they could not authorize what I had submitted and to please bring the paperwork to the agent at the airport.Β 

21 minutes ago, kiwimum said:

Have you completed VeriFLY?

Nope, Never have completed that and I have flown internationally at least 3 times since last summer.Β  Not even sure what it is except that it is another app.Β 

Β 

33 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Nope, Never have completed that and I have flown internationally at least 3 times since last summer.Β  Not even sure what it is except that it is another app.Β 

Β 

On our March and May flights on BA from Heathrow it was suggested you enter everything into Verifly. Β  We did and had no issues with seats or providing paperwork at checkin. Β  Friend traveling same flights did not and was required to wait until airport for seats and check-in.

5 hours ago, Globaliser said:

Β 

My hope was that you'd be able to check-in for both flights at the same time. But it looks like you may well have to wait until 24 hours before the departure of the BA flight, ie until 1905 tonight (7.05 pm).

Β 

Hi, well, now it is past 7 pm and there is not a field to click on for me to choose my seat😲..........I am actually on hold with BA at the moment.  Looks like I won't be able to do anything until tomorrow when I check in at the airport. Well, I spoke with a nice gal at  least and she got my seat booked..........23A....single. She said it would be on my boarding pass. Lets hope it goes smoothly tomorrow.

10 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi, well, now it is past 7 pm and there is not a field to click on for me to choose my seat😲..........I am actually on hold with BA at the moment.  Looks like I won't be able to do anything until tomorrow when I check in at the airport. Well, I spoke with a nice gal at  least and she got my seat booked..........23A....single. She said it would be on my boarding pass. Lets hope it goes smoothly tomorrow.

Β 

If you still can't check-in online, then it's likely to be one of the other problems already mentioned: you haven't put in your Advance Passenger Information, or you haven't entered whatever Covid vaccination and test result data may be required by the system for your trip.

Β 

Anyway, I think there's unlikely to be anything to worry about because as things stand, 12Β½ hours before the flight, there are still 16 unoccupied seats in the business class cabin.

9 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Good morning,Β  I will be leaving for the airport in a couple of hours.......thanks again for the help.

Β 

Hope it all goes smoothly. If it's just a document check issue, then you may find that AA check-in will be able to do that, and then to print all three boarding passes for you.

2 minutes ago, Globaliser said:

Β 

Hope it all goes smoothly. If it's just a document check issue, then you may find that AA check-in will be able to do that, and then to print all three boarding passes for you.

THAT is what I am thinking tooπŸ‘

FWIW, it looks like the aircraft has gone out with something like 2 first, 8 business, 5 premium economy and 8 economy seats unoccupied (23 total). The configuration is said to be 8/76/40/130 (254 total), so an overall passenger load factor of 90.6%.

• Thanks 1