NCL Dinner Menus

ReneeFS

Hi everyone! I just went on a 7 day cruise from Miami to the Eastern Caribbean back in December. On Sunday, I am going on another cruise that is 7 days, but on a different ship and different ports or call from NOLA. Does NCL tend to have the same menus on their 7 day voyages?  I was on the Encore back in December and now I am going on the Breakaway. I just like looking at menus in advance. I noticed they have the same names for their restaurants Taste, Savor, and Manhattan.

@nolatravelgirl

Absolutely brilliant; thank you.

Would you please do the same thing every time you cruise especially if you see the menus have changed from these.   Or could you explain how you went about finding these so I could do it before I cruise next in November.  (My email is below)

Thanks

Mike

Amazing help.  Thanks.  Do you have night 1?

I was on Breakaway twice last fall(one being 14 nights) and some of these are a little different.  Getting on Gem tomorrow 10 nighter B2B with 5 nighter.  

Very useful sneak peek!  Excellent work.

Enjoy your next cruise!

We are new to NCL, cruising on the Encore in May. It looks like there are 3 different dining rooms? Are you assigned a dining room or can you pick one to go to? We’ve only cruised Carnival and have always been assigned one. Our room is midship on deck 15. TIA

@kona_wahine

You can go to whichever dining room you want to, when you want to, with whom you want to (or just together) and change rooms whenever you like.   No fixed seating, you turn up at the desk, may be asked if you want to share, and someone will show you to your seats.  "FREESTYLE DINING" NCL style

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

Just to be clear, whilst these menus are numbered it doesn’t mean that you will get a certain one on specific days of your cruise. These are a selection that they choose from and what you get can vary from cruise to cruise.

^^^ @KeithJenner makes a VERY IMPORTANT point ^^^

Also, often cruisers do not look at the entire menu, each day.

If they don't, they complain that NCL only serves the same selection everyday.

Only some of the selections stay the same everyday, therefore, be sure to read the entire menu!!!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, kona_wahine said:

We are new to NCL, cruising on the Encore in May. It looks like there are 3 different dining rooms? Are you assigned a dining room or can you pick one to go to? We’ve only cruised Carnival and have always been assigned one. Our room is midship on deck 15. TIA

You can go to any of the main dining rooms.  On the Breakaway+ ships (including Encore), they have the Tropicana (or Manhattan room) at the aft of the ship.   Be sure to go there one night as they tend to have entertainment (usually from the shows), it's fabulous!

To add, yes - one side of the menu is the same everyday but the other side typically has unique offerings each day.  It's a good variety.  I know people that will order the same dish every day (the salmon that used to be on the menu daily is very tasty).

Edited by RunBikeCruiseDC
addition

1 hour ago, RunBikeCruiseDC said:

Be sure to go there one night as they tend to have entertainment (usually from the shows), it's fabulous!

I don't think any of the BA+ ships have the entertainment.  Bliss and Joy certainly don't, I'm not positive about Encore (though the floor seems to be missing), the Escape does appear to have the dance floor so that would make it the only BA+ ship with the entertainment in the Manhattan Room.

10 hours ago, kona_wahine said:

The Manhattan room has a more strict dress code than Taste and Savor. No shorts or T-shirts in the Manhattan room.

1 minute ago, jlabs03 said:

The Manhattan room has a more strict dress code than Taste and Savor. No shorts or T-shirts in the Manhattan room.

and yet I walked right in wearing exactly that on the Joy.  I normally dress a little better, but sometimes participating in other activities results in having to be a little 'less dressed' because you're a little later than you planned to be.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, jlabs03 said:

this depends on the ship. On many, especially the newer ships, there is no difference in dress code between the MDRs

• Like 1

I have been on several cruises where they follow Day 1, Day 2, Day3 etc menus.  

However, as pointed out above, they can choose to use any of these menus that they want to in whatever order.   

I have a favorite dessert (soufflé) that is usually on day 6 so I sometimes book my specialty dining around that.   However, if the day for soufflé changes, I have been known to skip dessert in a specialty and go into the MDR just for the dessert😋  (I must not be the only one....when checking in at host stand they do not seem surprised I'm there just for dessert.)

• Thanks 1