Equinox undesirable suites?

MBP1

I just got the MoveUp email for Equinox cruise this summer and we have the opportunity to bid on a suite. Currently we are booked in an Aqua Class cabin that we definitely like. We are considering bidding on a Sky Suite. Since we will not have the opportunity to pick the cabin if the bid is accepted we are concerned about cabin location.

• Are there sky suites with obstructed views?
  • Is there a chance of getting put in an accessible suite?
  • Were sky suites revolutionized?
  • Any other concerns about specific suites?

Edited by MBP1

If you take a look at the first post in this pinned thread in this forum, you'll find a spreadsheet that contains reviews of most cabins - take a look at the reviews for the sky suites.

S-Class Cabin Information Compilation - PLEASE - DO NOT POST CABIN QUESTIONS HERE!!! 

Edited by talljules1

On each side of deck 12, the further you go toward the aft, the noisier the suites as they are under the OVC tiled, not carpeted, areas and near/across from the galley doors out to the OCV. Lots of rattling carts. Have not yet stayed in aft facing deck 12 suites, but have read that there is minimal noise, usually chairs scraping. Soft goods were up graded and new art in Sky Suites. 

Edited by 39august
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, MBP1 said:

I just got the MoveUp email for Equinox cruise this summer and we have the opportunity to bid on a suite. Currently we are booked in an Aqua Class cabin that we definitely like. We are considering bidding on a Sky Suite. Since we will not have the opportunity to pick the cabin if the bid is accepted we are concerned about cabin location.

• Are there sky suites with obstructed views?
  • Is there a chance of getting put in an accessible suite?
  • Were sky suites revolutionized?
  • Any other concerns about specific suites?

• Are there sky suites with obstructed views?  Yes
  • Is there a chance of getting put in an accessible suite? Yes
  • Were sky suites revolutionized? Yes
  • Any other concerns about specific suites? Search the threads, lots of info

Frankly on the Solstice class ships, the sky suites for the most part are in a very poor location. They are right under the buffet. We did a guarantee once, and ended up in a sky suite, handicapped, and right above the buffet. (Another class of ship) all day and night the sliding doors opened and closed. It was terrible. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, mikewomb said:

Frankly on the Solstice class ships, the sky suites for the most part are in a very poor location. They are right under the buffet. We did a guarantee once, and ended up in a sky suite, handicapped, and right above the buffet. (Another class of ship) all day and night the sliding doors opened and closed. It was terrible. 

Yeah, any cabin on deck 12 is going to have noise all night long. Thunk, Thunk,,,, thud, thud....

• Like 1

You could end up with a cabin that has a big pole next to the bed.  It doesn’t seem to really bother, though, and otherwise the cabin is very nice.

Edited by Mark_K

2 hours ago, Mark_K said:

You could end up with a cabin that has a big pole next to the bed.  It doesn’t seem to really bother, though, and otherwise the cabin is very nice.

I'll take the pole just to have that great big side window on the Soltice class! If we ever have that suite again, I have some battery powered LED lights that I am going to wrap around it so I don't run into it in the middle of the night.

17 hours ago, Keys Kathy said:

Yeah, any cabin on deck 12 is going to have noise all night long. Thunk, Thunk,,,, thud, thud....

Maybe not all night long.  In some cabins on 12, some noise might start early morning when the crew gets active in the area above.

13 minutes ago, Keys Kathy said:

I'll take the pole just to have that great big side window on the Soltice class! If we ever have that suite again, I have some battery powered LED lights that I am going to wrap around it so I don't run into it in the middle of the night.

We have found that after day 1 we don't really notice the pole at all.

2 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Maybe not all night long.  In some cabins on 12, some noise might start early morning when the crew gets active in the area above.

We were in the handicapped cabin 3 times. It sound like they were bowing up there! 

We are currently in the aft corner suite on Deck 12 on the Silhouette.  We heard some activity above us this morning around 1030 for the very first time.  Early mornings and late evenings have been very quiet.  Unlike our last sailing where we were farther forward and had the nosies everyone has mentioned by the carts in the OVC.  

There is a device used to carry persons/items along the side of the ship in the corner of our balcony,  it is not as obstructive as the window washing machine/house that is located on deck 10 (we had it on deck 11 on Reflection last December).  However, we found that it really did not block our view to any bothersome degree except that we needed to take extra precautions to keep it out of frame when taking pictures.  

In our Deck 11 aft corner S1 on Reflection there was about 6-inches between the pole and the bed.  In our deck 12 aft corner S1 the pole is a good 10 to 12 feet from the bed, and is next to the end of the couch.  Hardly noticeable at all. 

501530743cafd104-photo.JPG

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bjahil47 said:

We have been in a Aft Sky Suite on Equinox 4 times on Deck 12.  We hear minimal, if any, noise and love the aft.  

Thank you for this as this is where we are at and I was beginning to worry after seeing this thread. 

Just wanted to add that speaking from experience, yes you can be upgraded to an Accessible Sky Suite.    I always say plan on the worst cabin in each category and be happy if you get a better room.