Princess Loyalty Bonus

Mr Princess

16 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

Yeah, I don't recall receiving a 'loyalty bonus' in the past; a reduction in the price ($100 or so) for being a member of the Captain's Circle.

Loyalty bonus started at 25 cruises and was $25.  Every additional 25 cruises up to 100 got $25 more, up to a max of $100.  That was the first bonus to go away. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, KevintheIrishDJ said:

What is loyalty bonus

After 20 or 21 cruise points earned, a loyalty credit would be added to your OBC.  As you earned more cruise points, you would receive more OBC.  It started at $25 on each cruise and ramped up to $100 per cruise.  With their dire financial circumstances, they’ve eliminated that benefit.  I can’t say I blame them as they are taking measures once again become profitable.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KevintheIrishDJ said:

What is loyalty bonus

21-30 cruises = 25 obc

31-40 cruises = 50 obc

41-50 cruises = 75 obc

50+ cruises = 100 obc

Part of benefit downgrade (we now also pay for internet) as CC needs CA$H. Frankly I'm ok with it. Just glad to be cruising again (although I anticipate cityscapes in my future as well now / not just cruising)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, justafem said:

Loyalty bonus started at 25 cruises and was $25.  Every additional 25 cruises up to 100 got $25 more, up to a max of $100.  That was the first bonus to go away. 

Ah yes, now I recall.  Thanks for the clarification.

I don't think that benefit was ever publicized to begin with... No, I never saw anything mentioning it was removed, other than complaints about it not showing up once people got back on ships. 

3 hours ago, Cuedon said:

I don't think that benefit was ever publicized to begin with... No, I never saw anything mentioning it was removed, other than complaints about it not showing up once people got back on ships. 

@Cuedon, yes details of the ‘loyalty command credit’ was printed in the Captain circle benefits brochure available at the circle host desk. It was removed from this brochure, I think, sometime in 2018. I asked the circle host is this a sign it is going to be eliminated? Many times, circle hosts tell me they are the last to learn of changes to the program. The loyalty OBC was still being given up until the suspension . I believe you reached the top amount($100) when you sailed on your 52nd cruise credit. 

The command credit was based on ‘household’ as defined by Princess. Couples with different last names reported each getting even living at same address. It is a moot point now, since the OBC has been discontinued.

Princess sent an email to explain what changes to the Captain circle program were just before the restart and there were a few threads about it here on cruise critic. That email mentioned the loyalty OBC was being discontinued. I did not receive the email, but many of my family members did. The Princess website also outlined the changes, but the website never had info regarding the ‘loyalty command OBC’. The only place I have seen it in writing, was the brochure that was available at the circle host desk and it was eliminated from the brochure in 2018? But the OBC was still being given till the suspension of sailing in March 2020.

• Like 2

That must be why I never noticed the verbiage; I didn't qualify for it until mid-late 2018, which sounds like after they removed the text, but before they actually stopped giving it. I remember seeing it on my statement and asking what it was, but I don't recall ever getting a clear answer.