"LIVE" Majestic Princess, Back-to-Back, Apr 2nd to Apr 16th

LACruiser88

It seemed about normal to me, with two production shows and two entertainer shows alternating most nights, some kind of live music in the piazza every few hours, piped music in unused venues, and allegedly some kind of nightclub-esque environment at night.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

During tonight's announcement, the Captain stated that the official passenger count for this voyage was 1,638.

Thanks for posting.  Must be a real change for you and the crew from last week to this week.  Certainly isn't an issue finding a seat or a beverage in the buffet.  

Those were some rough seas yesterday.  🤮  So glad to be docked in San Francisco.

Edited by SomewhereGirl
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, rad798 said:

Well, the live music is part of the entertainment I am asking about.

On a Royal Class ship, such as the Majestic, is it normal to just have 2 live bands (mariachi and variety band) playing around the ship? 

I did hear a pianist which was good and I think there was a duet but never saw them.

One last note, how was the Winemaker's Dinner? I hope it was phenomenal! 

We were seated at Concertos a little before 6 near that table. It had already been set up. Although, for around an hour, 8 or 9 of the staff reseated silverware, glasses and napkins around the table continuously. They also took tons of photos. It wore me out just watching them. It seemed they wanted perfection and nothing less.

I really hope the dinner matched the prep.

Sorry, I misunderstood.  The live music on the Royal class ships seems to be similar to what you experienced on the Majestic.  Pre-pandemic, I recall more live music in the Vista Lounge.

The Piazza live music has had quite a few folks dancing late into the evening.  We prefer dancing in the Wheelhouse or Explorer's Lounge on the Grand class ships.

Alongside the Ruby this morning on a rainy San Francisco day.

20220411_074736.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@LACruiser88

When you put your name down for either the Chef’s dinner or Winemakers Dinner, how much notice do they give you as to date and time? Just curious in case you have a Specialty Dining reserved that may conflict with it.

Glad your swab was negative…enjoy the last leg of the cruise woth your granddaughter!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Arya3 said:

@LACruiser88

When you put your name down for either the Chef’s dinner or Winemakers Dinner, how much notice do they give you as to date and time?

My recollection from two Chef's Table and one Super Tuscan Dinner events is that we were notified the day before.  So, if somebody had a previous engagement, they would have to make a choice.

1 hour ago, Arya3 said:

@LACruiser88

When you put your name down for either the Chef’s dinner or Winemakers Dinner, how much notice do they give you as to date and time? Just curious in case you have a Specialty Dining reserved that may conflict with it.

Glad your swab was negative…enjoy the last leg of the cruise woth your granddaughter!

Once you board, call the Dining line and request to attend. We received notification the following day.

Btw, our granddaughter is having a great time in the Kids Club.  We are having a hard time keeping her out of there!

• Like 4

On 4/8/2022 at 9:19 AM, LACruiser88 said:

We had our swab up the nose this morning and we were negative.  Whew!!!  Our granddaughter will be very happy to see us when she boards the ship tomorrow.

While we were waiting in the dining room for the all clear sign, we saw at least 2 passengers that tested positive.

They were in separate couples and were quickly taken out of the room. I'm sure they were taken for a follow-up PCR test (we have experience in this scenario 🥺).  We wish them well...

So you were required to have the COVID test to continue on the b2b.  Over on Discovery, they stopped testing for in transit pax onto the 4/10 sailing...

1 minute ago, ebeluga said:

So you were required to have the COVID test to continue on the b2b.  Over on Discovery, they stopped testing for in transit pax onto the 4/10 sailing...

Yes, we were.  On the last full day of the cruise, which was on Friday.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ebeluga said:

Really Gif - IceGif

that's all I got 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

@LACruiser88

Thanks for your wonderful live and for answering questions!

We board the Majestic on April 16 . . . so stressed out about passing our pre-cruise test on Thursday. I was wondering who the Cruise Director is on your cruise and if you know who will be the Cruise Director for our sailing?

Also, is the buffet now self-serve or is the staff still serving?

Thanks again for taking the time to post!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Arya3 said:

@LACruiser88was wondering who the Cruise Director is on your cruise and if you know who will be the Cruise Director for our sailing?

Also, is the buffet now self-serve or is the staff still serving?

Current cruise director is Natalie, and buffet is staff-served. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, KLM3164 said:

Do they still have the round bars of soap available in the cabins?

image.thumb.jpeg.e271d475f87be8f6ab08335260b79f48.jpeg

Yes, we had these on our bathroom counter.  But, the label was different.

This afternoon, they held the MTG luncheon in the Harmony Restaurant.  The staff listened to the comments from last week's luncheon.

The service was fantastic (all different wait staff), they had printed menu's, and the food was outstanding!  Rated A+!

I tried for 30 minutes to rotate the photos so they would post correctly!  I give up!  Sorry...

20220412_125713.jpg

20220412_123823.jpg

20220412_122135.jpg

20220412_130822.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, c-boy said:

that desert is too purdy to eat.  I would take a picture and then give the desert to my wife ... 

Video Juego Pacman GIF - Pacman Video Game Waka Waka - Discover & Share GIFs

And your wife would happily eat it...then take you out for a nice glass of port on the balcony 🥰

• Like 2

2 hours ago, c-boy said:

that desert is too purdy to eat.  I would take a picture and then give the desert to my wife ... 

10 minutes ago, jwattle said:

And your wife would happily eat it...then take you out for a nice glass of port on the balcony 🥰

And THEN....??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/10/2022 at 7:04 PM, rad798 said:

We were one of the first time Princess bluebies. Have cruised a lot of the other cruise lines and decided to give Princess a try last week on the April 02 cruise.

While we had a nice relaxing cruise, we are wondering how much the cutbacks have affected this cruise?

Our main issue was lack of entertainment or things to do.

The entertainment they had were good. Especially, the comedian and Darren Dowler. (Although, not sure why the comedian was in the main Theater 2 nights)

It just seemed not much was going on. Or should I say not a lot of choices. Seemed Vista Gaming Lounge was only open a few nights. Is this normal on Princess? 

Been on Celebrity and Norwegian since the Covid startup and never saw this problem. We had tons of options on them for entertainment.

Just wondering if some of Platinum or Elite Princess cruisers could reply about the entertainment last week compared to other Princess cruises.

We felt the same.  This was our 5th Princess cruise (8th total) and honestly we were bored out of our minds.  Like you said, it wasn't a lack of talent, it was a lack of variety.  Even the shows in the theater, while performed very well, lacked creativity.  One can only listen to a mariachi band so many days!  I spoke with a number of people who felt the same way.  And of course, you will have the ones that think the opposite.. and that's fine.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cuedon said:

What's the thing that looks like a black plush rooster nestled at the juncture of the pillows?

Otis the wonder rooster, protector of the realm. .. 😆  Bought it at one of the ports for our grand son.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Cuedon said:

What's the thing that looks like a black plush rooster nestled at the juncture of the pillows?

Otis the mighty rooster; every night the steward would put him somewhere new. It was fun! 🙂