The Daily for Friday 04/01/2022

richwmn

2 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Our news today is that DS and DDIL finally have the keys to their house.  …..  Today DH and I will be able to finally get a tour of the house, we're so happy and excited that their lives can move on now!

That is great news, at long last 👍 

3 hours ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

The fallen Lebanon officer has been identified as LT William Lebo He was 63 with 40 years of service, was supposed to retire on May 1st.💔😢🙏

So sad to have his life snuffed out early let alone just a month away from his retirement 😔 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sharon in AZ said:

🐇🐇🐇

Good morning everyone and Happy Friday.  Craig is off to the White Mountains and tonight DGD is coming over for two nights. We will have a good time. 

The “rockets” were on everyone’s avatar today. Not sure what they mean. I know the hand wave one is for new members. 

I love watching lace making and have fond memories of of the lace on Burano. 
image.jpeg.6a82a4d658066014a7188e2e1cdce113.jpeg

Sad to hear about the 3 police officers in Lebanon, PA and the one who passed away so close to retirement. ♥️

Have a great day everyone!

Hi Sharon.

This was on my profile page which explains the rockets.

Graham.

Screenshot_20220401_162512.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4

5 minutes ago, 0106 said:

@grapau27Have you posted 20,000+ times?

This is on my profile page.  No idea what it means…
C222FB12-DDEC-40A1-BA0F-4F2A0BAC2B70.jpeg.f876fadde0817058249ed5c5e19a80a6.jpeg

Yes currently 27392.

You will have your total post count on your profile page.

You have 387 posts and the achievement matches your posts which doesn't matter to us as we are just pleased you are posting with us.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 13

7 hours ago, Rowsby said:
My husband peacefully passed away yesterday.....after 18 long but well cared for days in the hospital.....

Please accept my deepest condolences on the loss of your husband.  May your faith and memories bring you and your family comfort.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, 0106 said:

@grapau27Wow! 27392 posts!  

Dailities, check your numbers.  I wonder how high the number of posts goes.

For fun Jacqui is the highest and Roy second on here but the main thing is everyone is lovely.

The highest cc poster of all time is Clarea.

Bob was the nicest and most helpful poster ever on Royal Caribbean forums with 156,122 posts.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 15

7 hours ago, Rowsby said:
My husband peacefully passed away yesterday.....after 18 long but well cared for days in the hospital.....

While our family is grieving....we have wonderful memories....this is one of them.....a 14 day cruise to Alaska with his brother and one of our sons....

Doug - Alaska cruise.jpg

My deepest sympathies, hope these wonderful memories will help comfort you! 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

i am not sure I understand this above statement and how it relates to your daily?

It's a superstition I learned from following the Daily thread; apparently if you start the month with the words Rabbit, Rabbit, Rabbit, you will have good luck for the month.  Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.

And @richwmn, unlike the tree that falls in the forest, saying rabbit, rabbit, rabbit does count.   LOL

• Like 15
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, ger_77 said:

It's a superstition I learned from following the Daily thread; apparently if you start the month with the words Rabbit, Rabbit, Rabbit, you will have good luck for the month.  Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.

And @richwmn, unlike the tree that falls in the forest, saying rabbit, rabbit, rabbit does count.   LOL

okay well thanks for explaining.  I just thought it was confusing and have actually never heard of this.

• Like 10

Just now, Oceansaway17 said:

okay well thanks for explaining.  I just thought it was confusing and have actually never heard of this.

In the UK when we were kids:-

A nip and a punch for the first day of the month.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

7 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

to what? sorry still confused.  and BTW do ships sail out of Dover still?

Sure do.  It's all Saga until Carnival Pride June 10.  I've sailed from there a couple of times.

Roy

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Just now, rafinmd said:

Sure do.  It's all Saga until Carnival Pride June 10.  I've sailed from there a couple of times.

Roy

okay I know I had a booking for 2019 for Disney out of Dover.   I guess most ships now use Southampton.  Never been on Saga but glad to hear that Carnival will use Dover too.

• Like 7

Good Morning All,

We have another lovely day here. Wish it would be like this all the time, but if it was I bet we wouldn’t appreciate it as much as we do. We did our online check in and will have to undergo further screening at the pier Sunday. One of us didn’t pass the initial screening. We are well, and have recent PCRs, and serial negative antigen tests. If they decide we don’t sail, so be it. 

@Rowsby adding our condolences to the others.

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Hi Sharon.

This was on my profile page which explains the rockets.

Graham.

Screenshot_20220401_162512.jpg

That’s it! That “rocket” was on just about everyone’s avatar yesterday. The webmaster must have been tinkering under the hood.

Havea great day everyone!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1