Princess Website - Can I book two cabins?

I’m wanting to book two cabins on a Princess cruise, a balcony for my aunt and an interior cabin for DW and me.

On the Princess site can I book two cabins or do I need to do two separate bookings?

Is there an advantage to have both cabins on the same booking?

As you are planning to travel with a family member, you might like the two cabins to be fairly close to each other. I enquired yesterday for my daughter who would need two cabins (family of five) and was told that the interior cabins on the newly released cruises are all sold as a 'guarantee'. You can only select a category, not a specific cabin, but for oceanview/balcony/mini suite, you can select a particular cabin from what is still available.

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

Is there an advantage to have both cabins on the same booking?

As you are planning to travel with a family member, you might like the two cabins to be fairly close to each other. I enquired yesterday for my daughter who would need two cabins (family of five) and was told that the interior cabins on the newly released cruises are all sold as a 'guarantee'. You can only select a category, not a specific cabin, but for oceanview/balcony/mini suite, you can select a particular cabin from what is still available.

Whoever you talked to didn't know what they were talking about. I just did a dummy booking on a July cruise and could select specific interior cabins. 

7 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Whoever you talked to didn't know what they were talking about. I just did a dummy booking on a July cruise and could select specific interior cabins. 

Interesting. Thanks for that info. It would be worth enquiring further.

I think it was only wishful thinking on my daughter's part anyway. 😁 I suggested it might work better (if they we were all booking the same cruise) for us to have one of the children listed in our cabin. The children are young - two to just turned eight years' old.

5 hours ago, Sparky74 said:

I’m wanting to book two cabins on a Princess cruise, a balcony for my aunt and an interior cabin for DW and me.

On the Princess site can I book two cabins or do I need to do two separate bookings?

I quite often book 2 cabins, each one gets booked separately and then I phone Princess sometime before the cruise and have the two bookings linked, that way we are all put on the same table for dinner.

5 hours ago, NSWP said:

Stick the Aunty in the inside and you take the balcony, lol.

5 hours ago, NSWP said:

Stick the Aunty in the inside and you take the balcony, lol.

I couldn’t do that to Aunty Beryl!

She lives a very different lifestyle to DW & me. She won’t cruise in anything less than a balcony cabin and she flys business class. We’ve always said that we’d prefer to be able to take a second cruise rather than spend twice the money for a balcony. Having said that, we have splurged on a balcony for our transpacific cruise later this year.

We’re taking this cruise specifically for Aunty Beryl. She lost her husband last year and this cruise means we'll be on board with her for her birthday. We are in the fortunate position of having 10 weeks leave that needs to be used by the end of January so we're giving up a week of it to spend with her. 

2 hours ago, rickays said:

I quite often book 2 cabins, each one gets booked separately and then I phone Princess sometime before the cruise and have the two bookings linked, that way we are all put on the same table for dinner.

I have now booked the cabins separately and will call Princess on Monday to link the bookings, make payment, sort out loyalty numbers, etc. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sparky74 said:

I couldn’t do that to Aunty Beryl!

She lives a very different lifestyle to DW & me. She won’t cruise in anything less than a balcony cabin and she flys business class. We’ve always said that we’d prefer to be able to take a second cruise rather than spend twice the money for a balcony. Having said that, we have splurged on a balcony for our transpacific cruise later this year.

We’re taking this cruise specifically for Aunty Beryl. She lost her husband last year and this cruise means we'll be on board with her for her birthday. We are in the fortunate position of having 10 weeks leave that needs to be used by the end of January so we're giving up a week of it to spend with her. 

I have now booked the cabins separately and will call Princess on Monday to link the bookings, make payment, sort out loyalty numbers, etc. 

I think you can also link bookings using the Medallion app

Nah, it's probably easier to ring Princess! 🤣

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I think you can also link bookings using the Medallion app

Nah, it's probably easier to ring Princess! 🤣

Too funny.

After today, I would rather be on hold for an hour on the phone than to do anything on Medallion. Worked a treat a few weeks ago, but totally useless today.

12 hours ago, arxcards said:

Too funny.

After today, I would rather be on hold for an hour on the phone than to do anything on Medallion. Worked a treat a few weeks ago, but totally useless today.

I haven't even tried to use the Medallion and I might not. 😁

11 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I haven't even tried to use the Medallion and I might not. 😁

I've just been doing a little at a time, after all I've got almost three months to get it sorted out. 

So far it's going reasonably well.