Hot Dogs Burgers & Fries on Carnival Mardi Gras

flamingo1562

Have been out of the cruising loop for over 10 years.

Remember being able to go to the Lido deck all day on any ship we were cruising and being able to get a 🌭  🍔 & 🍟.

Does a station like this still exist somewhere on the Mardi Gras?

I'm impressed with the wide selection of culinary delights being offered on the Mardi Gras and will patronize many of them

I'm sure on our upcoming cruise, but I would still like to be able to be able to go to one stop for one or all of the above.

Thanks for shedding some light on the subject.

Edited by flamingo1562

You haven’t received any replies because you posted on the cabin selection board.  
There will be burgers and fries available at Guy’s Burgers from noon until 6pm.  Perhaps longer on your ship, not on the others I have sailed.  Just got off Carnival Spirit today.  Hot dogs were at the deli.  The only 24/7 food is pizza, and room service.  You can more ideas on the Carnival board.  EM

2 hours ago, mondello said:

Mardi Gras has SeaDogs which serves hot dogs and a rotating variety of sausages. You may find the fries better at Big Chicken on Mardi Gras to be better than Guy's fries. 

Could not agree more.  The SeaDogs also had regular as well as pretzel buns and yellow, brown and stone ground mustard.  And the fries at Big Chicken that were a fresh batch were fabulous.

On 4/5/2022 at 5:24 AM, mondello said:

You may find the fries better at Big Chicken on Mardi Gras to be better than Guy's fries. 

Haven't had those yet. They look like average steak fries to me. What did you like about them? I do love Guy's fries and the cajun seasoning.

My first Carnival cruise was before they had Guy's. I was so disappointed in the burger. I always look forward to those burgers. Perhaps its the mountain of sauces and toppings that you can put on. Whatever it is, I love it.

Those seadogs also look really good. I need to sail the Mardi Gras asap. I have no idea how I am going to fit in all of these lunch options though. 

2 hours ago, Joebucks said:

Haven't had those yet. They look like average steak fries to me. What did you like about them? I do love Guy's fries and the cajun seasoning.

My first Carnival cruise was before they had Guy's. I was so disappointed in the burger. I always look forward to those burgers. Perhaps its the mountain of sauces and toppings that you can put on. Whatever it is, I love it.

Those seadogs also look really good. I need to sail the Mardi Gras asap. I have no idea how I am going to fit in all of these lunch options though. 

The fries at Big Chicken are a thinner version of a steak fry.  I had a batch that had just come out of the fryer and it really took it up a notch.  The seadogs with the pretzel buns with stoneground mustard.👍 Also recommend for lunch on sea days the noodle broth bowl at Chibang.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Joebucks said:

When I was there the breakfast fries were better than the lunch fries.

Breakfast fries

81130793-264A-42FE-8F19-2291B0B96D7F.thumb.jpeg.91e9158590594fb21ff466e70bbf654b.jpeg

lunch fries

B73D1A64-B7A8-4262-9A12-FFB73D9F801E.thumb.jpeg.5ced2b4351aee0c8bc46b286c3891922.jpeg

breakfast fries 4D192358-8E0A-48CE-AE1F-486FE429578D.thumb.jpeg.e4367602117c4bba3e164f5ba0e7c197.jpeg

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 3

42 minutes ago, jerseygirlinAZ said:

Anyone know it they offer a veggie dog at Sea Dogs?

Each day they have a regular beef dog plus two additional varieties, don't know whether a veggie dog was an option one day on the rotation or not.  The chorizo was delicious.

• Like 1

New Guys fries aren't old Guys fries. I don't know what happened during Covid but they aren't the same. (Well, yes I do know. I retired as an Admin in the restaurant business during Covid - the price of a case of fries used to be about $23 at the end of 2019, when I retired a year ago they were $95 and climbing daily).

I've tried them on three different ships. They aren't the same. They just aren't.

@Joebucks Just off Vista last week. I had several Guy's Burgers and don't recall eating any fries. They were just a dark shade of brown/black that is nothing like the golden brown hue I normally associate with French fries. Could be the Cajun seasoning you mention but they looked a tad overdone.