17 year old and shows

Rtripper

Assuming you're talking about the Comedy Club, it depends upon the host in the club.  On our last Carnival Freedom cruise March 12th, the comedy club host was going around the room asking to see the sign and sail cards of those who looked younger than 18.  If less than 18 years old, they were removed from the club.

We saw at least half a dozen people removed during the week.

• Like 1

Out of all of my Carnival cruises, I've only seen them strict with the 18 age limit about three times.  One time they caught people at the door and the other two times they went around the room asking to see something, I am not sure if it was ID or the sign and sail cards.  All of the other times they just made the announcement and went on with the show.

Since the Love and Marriage show is usually in the theater, it would be easier to 17 year olds to blend in.

12 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

I don't think I'd be comfortable attending the Love and Marriage show with my child or parent, no matter the age 🙂

I totally agree.  I would not sit comfortably with a younger child (even a near-adult) with me.  Sometimes, okay most times, it gets very sexually suggestive which makes it clearly "adults-only" for a reason.   

16 hours ago, nydney1 said:

How could they tell the age from the sail and sign card?

Usually the host just makes an announcement

The host was running the cards through a portable reader to ascertain the passengers' ages. 

For clarity's sake, the host was prompted to do this as this particular sailing was inundated with teenagers due to spring break...and more than a few of them, were unusually unruly.

All of the ejections started one night when two teenagers started a ruckus in the comedy club before the start of the show when they (allegedly) starting threatening an adult couple.  When the comedy club host saw what was going on, she immediately took charge and threw out the two teenagers...however, it didn't end there.  For the next 15 minutes the same two teenagers kept trying to sneak back into the club.  Finally, security was called to make sure the situation was handled with finality. 

From there, the host was on a mission to make sure NONE of the 'less than 18' crowd were in there for the 18+ shows.  Thus, began the examination of sign and sail cards and the subsequent ejection of a good number of teenagers from all the subsequent shows.

23 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

I don't think I'd be comfortable attending the Love and Marriage show with my child or parent, no matter the age 🙂

They do let kids in the live and marriage show. It’s listed as adult but every one I’ve been to they make an announcement saying kids can stay but be warned we don’t know what the answers will be and this is why they code it as “adult”. 

16 minutes ago, heidiatmn1 said:

They do let kids in the live and marriage show. It’s listed as adult but every one I’ve been to they make an announcement saying kids can stay but be warned we don’t know what the answers will be and this is why they code it as “adult”. 

Since this show is a "staple" and present on all cruise lines, I'll share this story.

I was sailing on Princess to Alaska. There was a family group present for the show. After much "convincing", the parents of the group were selected. I think the poor kids died of embarrassment. 

I ran into them later in the cruise. They admitted they had never seen the show before, and had no idea what would be included. 

I've always said the show is great to watch, but no way would I ever volunteer to participate.