Poll-Carnival You Only Turn 50th Once Sale Bookings

MMfan14

12 minutes ago, cltcruiser said:

So here is a stupid question. How are you guys seeing these offers and which specific sailings they are good for?

Likely you don't qualify for the sale rate but you can check by logging into your Carnival account and checking "my offers." 

For reasons I can't understand, my hubby is getting access to all kinds of crazy promos including the birthday sale but I qualify for nothing. When we price a cruise with his VIFP number the total is SIGNIFICANTLY (60%) lower than when I use mine. In fact, I'm not getting any discount for being a past guest at all.... whether I use my VIFP number or not the price is the same. 

Very disappointed that he is getting offers I cannot access as a family of 6 we need two cabins and I'm having a hard time justifying paying 60% more when I know that I should be able to get the same deal. Hubby and I have the same number of days sailed so no reason that he should get preferential rates that I can't.  

He did book the Panorama for this July and the "deal" disappeared but then re-appeared the next day. In fact, after he booked, he got MORE offers (all of which offer a significant savings over what I would have to pay - go figure!!) and he currently has 11 offers, while I have 4 that as I said, don't actually offer any savings at all.

Carnival works in mysterious ways.... 

15 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

I'm not sure why you wouldn't have the August 2024 Jubilee like I did. It's not like the cruise is sold out. Tons of cabins available when booking outside the 50th promo. Weird what's available and not and for how many days to individuals. Some booked two seven days while I was able to book one seven day and only offered 5 day or less sailings after that under the promo.

I didnt say it wasnt available. I was responding that nothing in 2024 for jubilee is less than full priced. I'm not paying $1500 for a inside and the rest are worse. That's what I mean about carnival pricing themselves out of the market. If a balcony on a rcl harmony is less than a inside on jubilee ..why would I pay extra for a less cabin. This thread is about the 50% off sale .. and none of jubilee in 2024 are less than  full priced. .. just nov 26 .. and as you see I have harmony nov 27 in my signature already b2b2b for less than a inside on the other dates and nov 26th doesnt work, the only sale date.

So still looking for a deal. Just the one date for me showing discounted, no other dates for jubilee. I dont really want 3 weeks in a row, due to friends I booked the 3rd date. Cant do 4 weeks. 

Hoping another sale for 2024 past jan when i booked the dream 14 days. 

53 minutes ago, EllieinNJ said:

On Wednesday I was able to book a 7 day Panorama for April 2024.  Right after that I was able to book the 4 day Radiance to make it a side by side.  Then the offer disappeared.  On Friday the offer was no longer under my VIFP number so I tried my husband's.  I was so excited to see he had the Pride's 12 day European for May 2023 and booked it immediately.  Saved $1800.  I already had the Norway one after it booked so now have a back to back.  I even got the same cabin number.  The funny thing is we have not yet sailed on Carnival.  Our first sailing is tomorrow so we better like it.

Can't do the back to back but I jumped on the May 2023 12 day cruise out of Barcelona.  I had priced it a month or so ago and written down all the info (price, itinerary, cabin I wanted, etc.) and ruled it out because it was about 

53 minutes ago, EllieinNJ said:

On Wednesday I was able to book a 7 day Panorama for April 2024.  Right after that I was able to book the 4 day Radiance to make it a side by side.  Then the offer disappeared.  On Friday the offer was no longer under my VIFP number so I tried my husband's.  I was so excited to see he had the Pride's 12 day European for May 2023 and booked it immediately.  Saved $1800.  I already had the Norway one after it booked so now have a back to back.  I even got the same cabin number.  The funny thing is we have not yet sailed on Carnival.  Our first sailing is tomorrow so we better like it.

Can't do the back to back but I jumped on the May 2023 12 day cruise out of Barcelona also.  I had priced it a month or so ago and written down all the info (price, itinerary, cabin I wanted, etc.) and ruled it out because it was about $4300.  I checked yesterday under this sale and got exactly what I had priced a month ago for $2500.   Just couldn't pass it up.  We're doing a European cruise, baby!

I really hope you like Carnival.  We've had great times on Carnival cruises - heading out on Mardi Gras in 28 days and are so looking forward to it.

• Like 3

Unfortunately, I am not finding any super great deals during the time of year I'd like to cruise in the future with this offer.

The best deals for me came 3 weeks ago during the "Icing on the Cake Offer" where it was a full 50% off for Suites included.    

Happy for those that this deal works for and are finding the deals for them with this offer! 🙂

• Like 2

Got an 8 day on the Vista in a Havana aft balcony for $1900.  I desperately tried to find another cruise to book, but we already have 6 booked through February 2024 so I can't find a place to squeeze another one in.  My husband already thinks I've gone cruise-crazy so I don't think he would agree to another one anyway.

9 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I didnt say it wasnt available. I was responding that nothing in 2024 for jubilee is less than full priced. I'm not paying $1500 for a inside and the rest are worse. That's what I mean.

I'm not trying to confuse you (or myself) but you do or do NOT have the Jubilee listed under the 50th promo? Are you saying you only see full price inside or outside this offer for 2024? 

31 minutes ago, sunshower9 said:

Got an 8 day on the Vista in a Havana aft balcony for $1900.  I desperately tried to find another cruise to book, but we already have 6 booked through February 2024 so I can't find a place to squeeze another one in.  My husband already thinks I've gone cruise-crazy so I don't think he would agree to another one anyway.

If you are going to go crazy, I'd say cruise crazy is the BEST way to go!

• Like 2

Looked at the offer.  The first one that I priced is a great deal.  After that it appears to only offer regular rates.  So I put the first one on hold (PDN promo), I really prefer a month later date but they do not do the PDN offer; they do OZZ.  Anyone able to make the PDN promo appear later?

Thanks.

1 hour ago, JillK said:

Likely you don't qualify for the sale rate but you can check by logging into your Carnival account and checking "my offers." 

For reasons I can't understand, my hubby is getting access to all kinds of crazy promos including the birthday sale but I qualify for nothing. When we price a cruise with his VIFP number the total is SIGNIFICANTLY (60%) lower than when I use mine. In fact, I'm not getting any discount for being a past guest at all.... whether I use my VIFP number or not the price is the same. 

Very disappointed that he is getting offers I cannot access as a family of 6 we need two cabins and I'm having a hard time justifying paying 60% more when I know that I should be able to get the same deal. Hubby and I have the same number of days sailed so no reason that he should get preferential rates that I can't.  

He did book the Panorama for this July and the "deal" disappeared but then re-appeared the next day. In fact, after he booked, he got MORE offers (all of which offer a significant savings over what I would have to pay - go figure!!) and he currently has 11 offers, while I have 4 that as I said, don't actually offer any savings at all.

Carnival works in mysterious ways.... 

Yeah I see now logging into my profile. My wife has it but I don’t. Weird. 

But yeah, that’s what I was asking. How to physically see it and check it. Me seeing a random email is unlikely. Haha. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tallnthensome said:

I'm not trying to confuse you (or myself) but you do or do NOT have the Jubilee listed under the 50th promo? Are you saying you only see full price inside or outside this offer for 2024? 

Ok I screen shot the jubilee prices for all of 2024. Lowest inside starts at 1038. .. that's not a 50% off sale. I also screen shot that I have the offer ... I get no dates for jubilee on sale except the one I cant do nov 2023. 

Maybe there are more than one half off sales..  .not working on any date I can do. 

20220402_142056125.jpeg

20220402_142149046.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I didnt say it wasnt available. I was responding that nothing in 2024 for jubilee is less than full priced. I'm not paying $1500 for a inside and the rest are worse. That's what I mean about carnival pricing themselves out of the market. If a balcony on a rcl harmony is less than a inside on jubilee ..why would I pay extra for a less cabin. This thread is about the 50% off sale .. and none of jubilee in 2024 are less than  full priced. .. just nov 26 .. and as you see I have harmony nov 27 in my signature already b2b2b for less than a inside on the other dates and nov 26th doesnt work, the only sale date.

So still looking for a deal. Just the one date for me showing discounted, no other dates for jubilee. I dont really want 3 weeks in a row, due to friends I booked the 3rd date. Cant do 4 weeks. 

Hoping another sale for 2024 past jan when i booked the dream 14 days. 

I'm on my phone and cannot show everything but I can see Jubilee half price Screenshot_20220402-144742_Chrome.thumb.jpg.9d7822f19cc5c1eebdf8fdd593c81990.jpg

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Ok I screen shot the jubilee prices for all of 2024. Lowest inside starts at 1038. .. that's not a 50% off sale. I also screen shot that I have the offer ... I get no dates for jubilee on sale except the one I cant do nov 2023. 

Maybe there are more than one half off sales..  .not working on any date I can do. 

20220402_142056125.jpeg

That's crazy ...... Here is my screenshot for 2 people for the August 24th 2024 sailing without the 50th promo. With the promo it was $492 a piece for my wife and I and $106 a piece for my daughters for an extended balcony. It's almost like they are charging/offering you an evern higher rate then average even without the sale compared to my non-sale price. I've only sailed Carnival three times. Unless that is a single Cruiser rate. 

Screenshot_20220402-155807_Chrome.jpg

8 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

That's crazy ...... Here is my screenshot for 2 people for the August 24th 2024 sailing without the 50th promo. With the promo it was $492 a piece for my wife and I and $106 a piece for my daughters for an extended balcony. It's almost like they are charging/offering you an evern higher rate then average even without the sale compared to my non-sale price. I've only sailed Carnival three times. Unless that is a single Cruiser rate. 

Screenshot_20220402-155807_Chrome.jpg

Those are the best rates I've been seeing with both my VIFP # and my husband's.  Neither one of us got the good prices.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cruisemom2 said:

Those are the best rates I've been seeing with both my VIFP # and my husband's.  Neither one of us got the good prices.

Which seems right for standard VIFP but Firefly`s rate up above seems insane. 

36 minutes ago, maluhia87 said:

I'm on my phone and cannot show everything but I can see Jubilee half price Screenshot_20220402-144742_Chrome.thumb.jpg.9d7822f19cc5c1eebdf8fdd593c81990.jpg

If I was getting rates like those I would so be on it. Yes, I am putting in solo. Maybe if I price it for 2 I can get sale rates ... like I said my prices are higher for a inside than a balcony on harmony. 

I'll try it with more peeps  .. .says I have the rate but dont see sale prices. Cant call as I'm on a ship. Ends tonight.

I tried some more with more pax. Nothing helps. Dont see any sales but the one date. Says I have the offer . Except I dont see any sale prices..

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 2

I just cancelled a cruise we had booked for next March on Princess, $3500, and booked a 7 day with a balcony for $1137. Hard to pass up. Princess is better but it isn't $2400 better IMHO.

Edited by finoky
added a word
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, cruisemom2 said:

I'm thinking there is something fishy, where it says we get up to half off .. but dont. I'll be home tomorrow. Maybe they will fix the sale and extend it.

• Like 2

We booked 3 cruises a few weeks ago when my husband was getting all the super cheap VIFP deals, but only under his account, not mine.

Now, I am getting the 50th birthday offer and currently have a Mardi Gras cruise on hold for an amazing price!!

When I try searching again, I only see 2-5 day cruises under the offer now. I tried my sons VIFP and he has the 50th deal for all sorts of cruises, even the new ships Celebration and Jubilee. So I think it must be limited on how many cruises you can book with the 50th birthday offer.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TeresaJ said:

We booked 3 cruises a few weeks ago when my husband was getting all the super cheap VIFP deals, but only under his account, not mine.

Now, I am getting the 50th birthday offer and currently have a Mardi Gras cruise on hold for an amazing price!!

When I try searching again, I only see 2-5 day cruises under the offer now. I tried my sons VIFP and he has the 50th deal for all sorts of cruises, even the new ships Celebration and Jubilee. So I think it must be limited on how many cruises you can book with the 50th birthday offer.

Agreed, same here.