You do not have permission to view this topic ???

Someone quoted me in a thread and when I got the notification, I clicked on it but got the above message. I can't imagine I've broken any rules and I haven't been in any heated debates, rude or unkind. I'm baffled. I guess if I somehow did something wrong I'd like to know. 

Also, if  the thread was in a roll call, you have to be logged in to access it.  If you get logged out, which can happen, you will get this message if you are trying to go to a roll call, so you will have to log in again.

I asked this exact same question when it happened to me😂 and was told that it really means the post or thread was deleted not that you did anything wrong or are being penalised. 

Edited by ilikeanswers

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/9/2022 at 1:21 AM, ilikeanswers said:

I asked this exact same question when it happened to me😂 and was told that it really means the post or thread was deleted not that you did anything wrong or are being penalised. 

That's what I thought when I saw it.  Maybe it would be better if CC changed the wording to something more descriptive such as "This topic is no longer available."  I have to admit that the first time I saw that message I thought CC was telling me that I had been restricted from seeing posts for some reason.

@CC Help Jenn Can this wording be modified for threads which have been taken down?  Thank you.

• Like 1