LIVE from the Grand Princess: RT LA to Hawaii 4/4/22 - 4/19/22

HBCcruiser

Just now, 2 cruises a year said:

What is the Ocean Concierge web page? I'm onboard now and only have the #$# app.

Make sure you are on Medallion WiFi then enter login.com into your browser. It will bring you to the medallion net page. You should see an option for Ocean Concierge. Click on that. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HBCcruiser said:

This is what the Ocean Concierge webpage looks like;

8A86199B-D0AD-46AC-98F5-07296BAFA844.jpeg

ok...what is 'Ocean Concierge'? A different app or a web based version?   

Sorry, never mind, saw the reply to someone else asking....

Edited by Buckeye10640

7 minutes ago, Buckeye10640 said:

ok...what is 'Ocean Concierge'? A different app or a web based version?   

Sorry, never mind, saw the reply to someone else asking....

It’s much better than the App IMO. I like the linear way you view the events. I hate how you have to scroll up, down and sideways through the App to see events. They should mirror the website version. 

82F3EDB1-C62B-4628-A408-F1F3FF8A6AB2.jpeg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

It’s much better than the App IMO. I like the linear way you view the events. I hate how you have to scroll up, down and sideways through the App to see events. They should mirror the website version. 

82F3EDB1-C62B-4628-A408-F1F3FF8A6AB2.jpeg

Thanks, i will try this version next month. Yes the app Journeyview timeline was hard to follow. I would take a picture each day of the Patter to use on my phone!

• Like 1

We were going to do a pearl necklace making class but they were making it with a fake pearl PO crap not worth $25 to make. I’ll pass. It was funny watching pushy passengers crowd in and cut the line to get to the front making sure they get to participate. There are many rude passengers on this cruise. We just laugh at them. 

CB232967-70B9-42C1-B897-0B8AD4CCBD6D.jpeg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

The computer knows us too well I suppose!😜

24 minutes ago, voljeep said:

Unbelievable - Vines had that exact same problem with my Cab on the REGAL - must be fleetwide 🍷

Pretty sure it's a karma thing for those who treat other people (passengers as well as crew) well. What goes around, comes around.

• Like 5

We were going to do a pearl necklace making class but they were making it with a fake pearl PO crap not worth $25 to make. I’ll pass. It was funny watching pushy passengers crowd in and cut the line to get to the front making sure they get to participate. There are many rude passengers on this cruise. We just laugh at them. 

Surely the had a class on how to Live Aloha which had to cut down on the rudeness???

• Haha 2

I blame WWE and the introduction or Black Friday sales ...

• Haha 1

Just now, Princessfan20 said:

Surely the had a class on how to Live Aloha which had to cut down on the rudeness???

We go with “Kill them with kindness” to confuse them!😂

I must say though, I really had to bite my tongue when a passenger was berating one of the guest services staff because headquarters had moved their cabin early on in the cruise. She was so mean and was screaming at the poor guy. I told her that he and the ship had nothing to do with the switch and that she needed to speak with customer relations at the main office. She just huffed and went on screaming demanding that he do something. I’m not sure how it ended because I couldn’t stand hearing it anymore. People need to be kinder to one another. 

• Like 6

As someone who has not been on Princess before, I want to thank you for your wonderful cruise report!  It was so nice to take a cruise virtually since it has been 3 years since our last cruise.  We loved it that you posted the Patters so we could see the daily ship routine.  We also liked it that you ate at a variety of places and posted menus so we could get a feel for that routine.  Your suite looked wonderful and we wished we could travel in one but will be happy just to cruise.

Thank you very much!

• Thanks 2

To anyone on the Grand now: My wife and I had a wonderful cruise to Hawaii March 10-25.  We enjoyed the food, drinks, entertainment we saw and every crew member we encountered.  The ship is beginning to show its age in places and we had a couple of maintenence issues, but ewach was handled quickly and completely by the crew.

I would go to the International Cafe each morning to get my wife her morning "wake-me-up": large regular coffee with two shots of Bailey's!  I would wear a different comical t-shirt each day.  This got to be a standing joke at the IC each morning, they did not believe the coffee was for my wife until she came with me one morning to validate my story.

We received exceptional service at the IC from Jonathan and Maryna.  I wanted to say goodbye and give them each an extra gratuity on our final morning, but neither was working on the morning of March 25th.  If any one currently on the Grand runs into either of them, please give them my most sincere regards.  Even better, have them reach out to me on FaceBook at Edmund Rusty Lawrence.

Thank you and enjoy the rest of your cruise.

Ed Lawrence

Grand to Hawaii_March 2022.jpg

• Like 5

On 4/5/2022 at 4:56 PM, HBCcruiser said:

Please let’s not turn this thread into a masking/Covid thread. It’s a controversial issue that can get out of hand.  As I stated earlier, most people onboard are wearing masks. Thanks.

Thank you for advising folks the intent of this thread. As the saying goes…..everyone has an opinion

• Like 2