Jim_Iain – Silhouette Live Post April 8, 21, 30 - B3B - TransAtlantic, Portugal Spain, France and the Norwegian Fjords

Jim_Iain

My wife quarantine for 9 days on the Apex  when we dock in Amsterdam after the TA , they basically kick us the ship with a letter stating she quarantine for 9 days and no other info about quarantine for the last day or if they will pay for the 10 day or pay for any testing 

we getting an letter ready to send of to celebrity to see if they reimburse us for the time she spent isolating

24 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

My wife quarantine for 9 days on the Apex  when we dock in Amsterdam after the TA , they basically kick us the ship with a letter stating she quarantine for 9 days and no other info about quarantine for the last day or if they will pay for the 10 day or pay for any testing 

we getting an letter ready to send of to celebrity to see if they reimburse us for the time she spent isolating

my husband was quarantined for just a day when noro was ravaging a ship.  They were pretty sure he didn’t have noro.  We got the credit for that one day without asking.   Hopefully you will find you’ve already been given the credit and won’t have a hassle.  

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Lastdance said:

I read that it was 1-2%.  Would love the research on those individuals to see if there was a correlation as to why this happened.  It certainly matters if you are the one testing positive again!

Your correct and would be the difference of paying for an additional 6 days in quarantine until you qualify for the COR to return.    When we started testing positive again it was a fainter line than when we had tested positive  but definitely could tell I was still testing positive.  

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

At least in the U.S. and everything in my letter say they will reimburse for the number of days in Isolation.  When I talked to them earlier this week they were able to confirm from the ships manifest and reimbursed the one day including my upgrade bid prorated by 1 day.    In my case it was 1 day of the room for both of us as Iain was also isolated due to close contact.

I read your report.    The gave me a note saying I had quarantined for 1 day but the UK no longer had any regulators on self quarantining so I was told I could do what I wanted.   Luckily I was under the original plan and Celebrity covered 5 day of quarantine.  

I was really shocked on the problems you had getting your passport back.  Ugh..

• Thanks 1

On 5/27/2022 at 2:32 AM, GottaKnowWhen said:

. So we have a COR good for 90 days? Nine months?

Stan

In Europe its 180 days for Celebrity accepting CoR ,  guess its up to the country's rules 

Hello, wanted to add my experience that my husband and I just got off the Apex 12 day British Isles cruise Thursday. It has been interesting and helpful reading everyone's varying experiences...

Tested positive last Saturday and weren't moved from our Sky Suite on deck 9. Looks like everyone else in our thread that tested positive stayed on the ship to complete their quarantine.

We weren't doing that, can't be confined to a room for that long. 🙂

Celebrity gave us our positive PCR tests signed by the doctor (as my insurance company told me would be required) and letters stating five days of quarantine had been completed. We were told the night before debarking we have to carry off our own luggage and would receive further instructions in the morning. We got an 8:20am call that the authorities had cleared us to depart and we walked off the ship with everyone else that was debarking at that time. No passport check or any other difficulty. Checked into a hotel and have been in our room or outside walking (about 10 miles a day so far.) 

I had booked backup flights back to Chicago, but KLM changed our original flight for no charge so cancelled the back up.

Hope this info helps!

Terry

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, sgmn said:

In Europe its 180 days for Celebrity accepting CoR ,  guess its up to the country's rules 

As usual Celebrity it making this more  confusing than is necessary.    From Celebrity FAQ - they first say they must confirm the sample positive PCR must be taken between 11 days an 180 days.

Later they say to board the PCR Positive results must be between 11 days and 90 days prior to boarding.

The only way I can read this is that yes Europe accepts a 180 day COR but Celebrity only accepts it for the first 90 days.   I may be reading it wrong but was researching it for a friend last night. 

image.thumb.png.abae82860cded95878226981948cf7ae.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jim_Iain said:

As usual Celebrity it making this more  confusing than is necessary.    From Celebrity FAQ - they first say they must confirm the sample positive PCR must be taken between 11 days an 180 days.

Later they say to board the PCR Positive results must be between 11 days and 90 days prior to boarding.

The only way I can read this is that yes Europe accepts a 180 day COR but Celebrity only accepts it for the first 90 days.   I may be reading it wrong but was researching it for a friend last night. 

I'm inside 180 but outside 90 (had it19feb). Though all our docs say 180, I've decided to take a test to be on the safe side.

The only place I can see 90 days is under the health button on the app, the emails they are sending say 180days 🤷‍♀️

Our 11 yr old grandson who will be cruising with us to Alaska mid June had his PCR done at his Pediatricians office. Apparently they can process them there.  Will ask for a COR in 11 days.  I’m hoping that will work.  Will have what needs to be on it passed onto his parents.   Planning to do a home antigen proctored one as well and hoping that is negative just in case the COR is questioned as they do not send them out to a lab.  It’s a bummer to have to bother the Ped but need the COR just in case for backup. 

We have both had two boosters and my husband had Covid in Jan after a trip to Hawaii.  I am the only one that has not had the virus and hope it does not strike now as that could be the end for everyone.  It’s all so nerve wracking!!  Knock on wood   I even sat right here on the couch within a few feet unmasked and never got it! 

Edited by mauimary

31 minutes ago, mauimary said:

Our 11 yr old grandson who will be cruising with us to Alaska mid June had his PCR done at his Pediatricians office. Apparently they can process them there.  Will ask for a COR in 11 days.  I’m hoping that will work.  Will have what needs to be on it passed onto his parents.   Planning to do a home antigen proctored one as well and hoping that is negative just in case the COR is questioned as they do not send them out to a lab.  It’s a bummer to have to bother the Ped but need the COR just in case for backup. 

We have both had two boosters and my husband had Covid in Jan after a trip to Hawaii.  I am the only one that has not had the virus and hope it does not strike now as that could be the end for everyone.  It’s all so nerve wracking!!  Knock on wood   I even sat right here on the couch within a few feet unmasked and never got it! 

Remember the PCR has to be a POSITIVE.     He should have no problems if Positive PCR and COR.  My understanding is you will also have the Positive Report -  (Which I believe the Doctor can also create)

1 minute ago, Jim_Iain said:

Remember the PCR has to be a POSITIVE.     He should have no problems if Positive PCR and COR.  My understanding is you will also have the Positive Report -  (Which I believe the Doctor can also create)

Thanks Jim. He had one of the free Gov.  antigens come out positive so we asked his parents to have a PCR done as we knew we would be needing it.  So looks like we should be good. 

11 minutes ago, mauimary said:

Thanks Jim. He had one of the free Gov.  antigens come out positive so we asked his parents to have a PCR done as we knew we would be needing it.  So looks like we should be good. 

Perfect.     Iain didn't originally test positive on the ship but tested positive on our home tests the next day .  On the second day  ashore I suggested he used one of his Proctored Tests which he of course failed so we were able to get a positive Antigen for return to the U.S. 11 days later.

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

I sent them an email yesterday asking for clarification on this FAQ section, and 90 vs. 180 vs. 270 days. If/when I hear back I’ll post here.

Stan

4 hours ago, GottaKnowWhen said:

I sent them an email yesterday asking for clarification on this FAQ section, and 90 vs. 180 vs. 270 days. If/when I hear back I’ll post here.

Stan

Thanks Stan.   

@Jim_Iain I tested Positive when I was testing to come home to the US ( This was the same day I came off the Silhouette from the Norwegian Fjords cruise.) I sent my husband home as he tested negative. I was in self quarantine for 10 days at Sheraton Heathrow. I called Celebrity and the lady gave me an email to send the required docs to. I have done this and as they told you she said they would pay for 5 days. Does this sound like what you had to do? 

Hubby tested positive the day after he got back to the US. We were coughed on by a lovely American couple that were back to back on our cruise. Not covering their mouths ,  no masks and Obviously sick. 5 days later ....yep...I test positive.

I am sorry you did not get to do this Fjords with us. They were gorgeous.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, jrmende63 said:

@Jim_Iain I tested Positive when I was testing to come home to the US ( This was the same day I came off the Silhouette from the Norwegian Fjords cruise.) I sent my husband home as he tested negative. I was in self quarantine for 10 days at Sheraton Heathrow. I called Celebrity and the lady gave me an email to send the required docs to. I have done this and as they told you she said they would pay for 5 days. Does this sound like what you had to do? 

Hubby tested positive the day after he got back to the US. We were coughed on by a lovely American couple that were back to back on our cruise. Not covering their mouths ,  no masks and Obviously sick. 5 days later ....yep...I test positive.

I am sorry you did not get to do this Fjords with us. They were gorgeous.

Sorry to hear.  That is exactly what I did and they said they would pay for 5 days.   I haven't seen it yet but they asked me for a Credit Card to have it sent to.    From previous refunds from Celebrity they usually batch them and they go out on Thursday evening and are usually broken down into many small transactions.   Not sure what they will do with a full cruise.

At the same time I cancelled a cruise I booked in error and the deposit came back in this weeks batch as i received it on Friday.

I have no idea how we were infected but I think it may have been one of our two butlers, 2 room attendants or sommelier that tested positive.    We didn't do any Celebrity Tours and were pretty well distanced and wore masks all the time.  Oh well.... Things happen.  

I'm also sorry we didn't get to see the Norwegian Fjords -   I saw some wonderful pictures. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Sorry to hear.  That is exactly what I did and they said they would pay for 5 days.   I haven't seen it yet but they asked me for a Credit Card to have it sent to.    From previous refunds from Celebrity they usually batch them and they go out on Thursday evening and are usually broken down into many small transactions.   Not sure what they will do with a full cruise.

At the same time I cancelled a cruise I booked in error and the deposit came back in this weeks batch as i received it on Friday.

I have no idea how we were infected but I think it may have been one of our two butlers, 2 room attendants or sommelier that tested positive.    We didn't do any Celebrity Tours and were pretty well distanced and wore masks all the time.  Oh well.... Things happen.  

I'm also sorry we didn't get to see the Norwegian Fjords -   I saw some wonderful pictures. 

Thanks for the quick answer. With mine, The food was included in the hotel "Quarantine package" 139 pounds for lodging and food for one person. I just sent the letter the hotel gave me that stated food was included.

5 minutes ago, jrmende63 said:

Thanks for the quick answer. With mine, The food was included in the hotel "Quarantine package" 139 pounds for lodging and food for one person. I just sent the letter the hotel gave me that stated food was included.

I had received a letter from them on the ship that they would cover up to $250 day for housing and $100 pp for food.    I chose a REALLY NICE AirBnB for about $265 a night and had to submit actual receipts for meals.

Figured if they were paying I  was going to to enjoy our quarantine.

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 3

Just now, Jim_Iain said:

I had received a letter from them on the ship that they would cover up to $250 day for housing and $100 pp for food.    I chose a REALLY NICE AirBnB for about $265 a night and had to submit actual receipts for meals.

I just called room service  or ordered through an app.and they sent what I wanted to my room. There were maybe2-3 receipts  but they were just order print outs.

Interesting discussion.  I was supposed to fly to Vancouver yesterday to go on the Eclipse,  but got covid a week and a half ago, and was still positive at 6:30 yesterday morning.  DH, who immediately moved to the couch at night, wears a mask, and eats separately was negative as of Thursday.  

I tried to get X to price protect us onto a different sailing (there was an itinerary change that I didn't like) but they wouldn't do it.  So we booked for more money but did get 100.00 OBC for the book on board that was on this cruise.

I guess it's better to cancel before than try to get home with it.  And my silver lining, such as it is, is that I'm usually a poll worker, and I get to work more days because I'm not on a cruise.

I'm definitely going to look into the COR.  Thanks, Jim.

13 hours ago, abbydancer said:

Interesting discussion.  I was supposed to fly to Vancouver yesterday to go on the Eclipse,  but got covid a week and a half ago, and was still positive at 6:30 yesterday morning.  DH, who immediately moved to the couch at night, wears a mask, and eats separately was negative as of Thursday.  

I tried to get X to price protect us onto a different sailing (there was an itinerary change that I didn't like) but they wouldn't do it.  So we booked for more money but did get 100.00 OBC for the book on board that was on this cruise.

I guess it's better to cancel before than try to get home with it.  And my silver lining, such as it is, is that I'm usually a poll worker, and I get to work more days because I'm not on a cruise.

I'm definitely going to look into the COR.  Thanks, Jim.

Abby -  Good luck.   I know from your e-mail that you sounded really depressed before you go everything worked out.     Look on the positive side -  you will be rewarded with an unexpected positive experience on your cruise.   Maybe the Northern Lights or a pod of whales. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Abby -  Good luck.   I know from your e-mail that you sounded really depressed before you go everything worked out.     Look on the positive side -  you will be rewarded with an unexpected positive experience on your cruise.   Maybe the Northern Lights or a pod of whales. 

Thank you.  Whales maybe.  Northern lights?  Not in July.  

On 5/21/2022 at 4:57 PM, Jim_Iain said:

I have to say it is nice being home but always up for an adventure.     We have friends coming from Australia for a visit next week  so guess we have to stick around.   Incredible how fast the new cruises are coming on.   I've made final payment on two of them and just got a good reduction on the third before final payment  

Only 76 days before we fly to the East Coast -

image.thumb.png.749fdfe082cb60770a036e761bb48abe.png

Hi Jim, This is Cynde, Iain’s former colleague, I live in NYC. Would love to see Iain and meet you if you have any free time when you are in the area prior to this cruise. 

17 hours ago, 6986 said:

Hi Jim, This is Cynde, Iain’s former colleague, I live in NYC. Would love to see Iain and meet you if you have any free time when you are in the area prior to this cruise. 

Cynde -

Wow... a blast from the past, must be 10 years or more.    Would love to see if we can get together.  We are sailing out of Newark on August 7, but flying in on the 5th and were already planning on going into the City on August 6th.

When did you move to NY?

My email is in my signature or   jim.smaltz at Gmail.com